Madurai 14 best teacher awards honoured
Kalasalingam University, on 2nd December, 202, felicitated here as many as 14 teachers from Madurai who had received the State government’s Dr. Radhakrishnan Best Teacher Award for 2011 – 12.
The teachers of government, government aided and private schools in Madurai district were honoured by the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor and the Registrar of the university in the presence of R. Mathiyazhagaraj, Corporation Education Officer.
Apart from the felicitation programme, the university also organised ‘Jeyipathu Eppadi’, a programme for XII standard students, where experienced teachers from each subject interacted with the students and suggested ways to score better marks in the coming public exams.
K. Sreedharan, Chancellor of Kalasalingam University, said the university would take all efforts to motivate students to achieve in life.
“A 100 per cent fee waiver would be given to the Madurai district topper this year, along with a choice of preferred course. The second and third rank holders would be given 50 per cent and 25 per cent fee waiver respectively,” he said.
P. Kanniappan, Vice – Chancellor of Kalasalingam University, said special programmes would be introduced in the university soon to be connected to school students. “Teaching, research and extension should be the aim of a university. We have plans to introduce School Linkage Programmes, in which faculty members and research students from our university will educate school teachers”, he said.
“Through this programme, school students would be able to visit our campus and view the sophisticated research equipments, which would motivate them to take up research in future”, he said. He also vowed to make Kalasalingam University a world-class university in two years time.
Mr. Mathiyazhagaraj asked the students to face the exams with confidence. “Students these days have good potential. They should take efforts and then face the exams with confidence,” he said. Hundreds of students and a number of school teachers from Madurai attended the programme.
State Award for Best Teachers
Eleven teachers from Coimbatore received the State Government’s Dr. Radhakrishnan Award for best teachers at a function held in Chennai on 5th September, 2012.
The Awardees are :
Primary School Teacher Awards :
- K.R. Saraswathi, headmistress, Panchayat Union Middle School, Mulathurai;
- T. Shantakumari, headmistress, P.U.M.S., Arasur;
- K. Rathnamoorthy, headmaster, P.U.M.S, Kolarpatti, Pollachi South;
- M.V. Periyanayakam, headmistress, P.U.M.S. Sreenivasapuram;
- R. Swaminathan, P.U.M.S, 24, Veerapandi;
- Krishnaveni, headmistress, Aryavaisya Middle School.
High School Teacher Awards :
- Ramadas, headmaster, Corporation Boy’s Higher Secondary School, Ramanathapuram;
- Balasubramanian, headmaster, Government Boys’ Higher Secondary School, Anaimalai;
- Balakrishnan, headmaster, Government Higher Secondary School, Kalveerampalayam;
- P. Renugadevi, headmistress, Government High School, Devampadikalipalayam
- Hajah Sheriff, headmaster, C.M.S. Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Ganapathy.
17 Teachers selected for Best Teacher Award for 2011 – 12
Seventeen teachers of government, government aided and private schools in Tiruchi district have been chosen for Dr.Radhakrishnan Best Teacher Award for 2011 – 12.
The school education department in the district forwarded nominations of teachers who were instrumental in the areas of increasing student enrolment, enforcement of discipline, development of infrastructure, and enhancing competencies of students through conduct of competitions.
Nominations from only those who were seen as role models by students and against whom there was no record of complaint in their entire service period were accepted, Chief Educational Officer K.Selvakumar said.
During the Teachers’ Day celebration in Chennai later this week, these teachers will be honoured by the School Education Minister N.R. Sivapathi.
Each teacher chosen for the award will be given a medal, a citation and a cash incentive of 5,000, official sources said.
Awardees for Best Teachers
The awardees constitute :
- M. Anburaj, Headmaster, Bishop Heber HSS, Teppakulam;
- S. Elizabeth, Drawing Teacher, Holy Cross HSS;
- R. Govindaraj, Headmaster, Government Boys HSS, Manachanallur;
- V. Srinivasan, HM, Dalmia HSS, Dalimiapuram;
- S. Dharmalingam, PG Teacher in Maths, Government Boys HSS, Mettupalayam, Musiri;
- K. Kannagi, Headmistress, Government High School, Serugudi Musiri;
- C. Selvaraj, Headmaster, Government High School, Nagaianallur, Musiri;
- D. Arokiaraj, Principal, AKKV Aarunadu Matric HSS, Annamalai Nagar;
- O.T. Rosali Thomas, BHEL Matric HSS, Kaliasapuram;
- S. Chandrasekaran, HM, Alangavilas Singarampari Sivabackikam Memorial Middle School, Dharanallur;
- M. Mohan, Headmaster, Saroja Kasturi Rangan Middle School, Periya Chetti Theru, Tiruchi;
- G. Raghavan, Headmaster, Tennur Middle School;
- D. Stephen, Headmaster, Panchayat Union Middle School, Lalgudi;
- A. Kadija Beevi, Headmistress, Panchayat Union Middle School, Koothur, Mannachanallur;
- P. Mukilan, Headmaster, Panchayat Union Middle School, Neikulam, Manachanallur;
- M. Chandrasekarn, Headmaster, Panchayat Union Middle School, Kaduvetti, Thottiyam;
- D. Manoharan, Headmaster, Panchayat Union Elementary School, Kilinjanatham, Thottiyam.
Of the 17 awardees, seven are from secondary and higher secondary schools, two from private schools, and the rest from primary and upper primary schools.
The number of best teacher awardees was the same last year also, official sources added.