BSNL Skill Development Training ProgramNews »
BSNL Skill Development Training Program
BSNL through its training centres is going to start Skill Development programs for engineering students of Electronics and communication (EC), Computer Science (CS) and Information Technology (IT).
Students can undergo these trainings during their regular degree program and hence they will get addition skill certification linked with the requirements of industry. This will make students job ready from day one after passing the exams.
- BSS Support Engineer comprising of 4 NOS / Module
- ICT Engineer comprising of 4 NOS / Module
- Transmission Engineer comprising of 3 NOS / Module
- Core Engineer comprising of 4 NOS / Module
These trainings are designed as per National Standard Qualification Framework (NSQF) and will be based on specific job roles (Qualification Pack).
Trainings are further divided into modules (National Occupational Standard). Students can opt from the following training programs and can undergo these trainings during semester break.
One NOS is designed for one Semester -10 Days Theory + Practical + 1 day Theoretical Exam + 1 day Practical exam . (Total 12 days ~ 2 weeks). Assessment of students will be done by third party
One NOS will be covered in one Semester eg 4th, 5th and 6th Semester
For last year students all the NOSs / Modules will be covered continuously.
Institutions bringing NSQF in curriculum can arrange any time.
Courses shall be planned in Dec-Jan / Jun-July when normally no regular class is assigned by Institutes.
Importance of Skill Development for Engineers
Skills and knowledge are driving forces of economic growth and social development for any country. Countries with higher levels and better standards of skills adjust more effectively to the challenges and opportunities in domestic and international job markets.
The above is true for engineering education also. There is a strong need of developing skill of engineering students so that they can be easily placed in respective industries. Considering the above facts, special skill development courses have been designed skill for engineering students of EC, CS and IT streams.
Objective of the program is to impart training on subjects that are closely linked with the industry requirements so that students will be job ready once they complete their degree program.
Benefits to the students
- Student will get practical exposure of the current technologies.
- Student will get additional qualification certificate recognized by Govt. agencies.
- Student will be job ready from day one of passing their engineering degree.
Main highlight of the course
- A unique Industry oriented skill development Program with more focus on practical.
- Lectures from field and subject matter experts.
- Practicals on state-of-the-art telecom and IT labs.
- Course contents are well thought of and organized as per standards.
The course will be conducted at BSNL Training centres at – Jabalpur, Ghaziabad, Ahmedabad, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kalyani, Lucknow, Mysore, Nagpur, Pune, Ranchi, Rajpura, Trivandrum, Hapur, Indore, Jammu, Kurukshetra, Nasik, Patna, Sundernagar
Skill is defined in terms of Qualification Pack (QP), National Occupational Standard (NOS) and National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF).
- NOSs – National Occupational Standards (NOSs) specify the standard of performance, knowledge and understanding when carrying out a particular activity in the workplace. Each NOS defines one key function in a job role.
- QPs – A set of NOSs, aligned to a job role, called Qualification Packs (QPs), would be available for every job role in each industry sector. These drive both the creation of curriculum, and assessments. These job roles would be aligned to the NSQF.
Example would be Qualification Pack of a BSS Support Engineer.
- The National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF): NSQF is a competency-based framework that organizes all qualifications according to a series of levels of knowledge, skills and aptitude. These levels, graded from one to ten, are defined in terms of learning outcomes which the learner must possess regardless of whether they are obtained through formal, non-formal or informal learning.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.