DBT invites Proposals from Biotech Companies for BIPP SchemeNews »
DBT invites Proposals from Biotech Companies for BIPP Scheme
( An Advanced Technology Scheme )
( Call for Proposals )
BIPP Announces Online Submission of Proposals Department of Biotechnology (DBT) invites proposals from Indian Biotechnology Companies under the Biotechnology Industry Partnership Program (BIPP), a Government partnership with industry for support on a cost sharing basis for development of novel and high risk futuristic technologies mainly for viability gap funding and enhancing existing R&D capacities.
BIPP has been initiated under Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Program (BIRAP), a unique initiative of DBT being implemented in partnership with ABLE and BCIL to nurture R&D and innovation in Biotech Industry. Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL) is the BIPP Management Agency and will ensure maintenance of strict confidentiality of the proposals as per DBT norms.
Who can apply?
A single or consortia of Indian “for profit” company(ies) – Small, Medium or Large having DSIR* recognized in-house R&D unit(s). An Indian Company is defined as one which is registered under the Indian Companies Act 1956 and in which more than 51% of the ownership is held by Indian Citizens (including NRIs). The proposals can be submitted:
- solely by an Indian Company; or
- jointly by an Indian Company and National R&D Organizations and Institutions; or
- by a group of Indian Companies along with National Research Organizations etc. (*The companies who are in the process of obtaining DSIR recognition may also apply along with the proof of application to DSIR. However, the final decision on such applications would be subject to their getting DSIR recognition.)
How to Apply
We are pleased to announce online submission of proposals under BIPP. To submit a proposal online under BIPP, please follow the following steps:
- Log on the website www.birapdbt.nic.inClick on the New User Registration for registering your Company
- A computer generated password would be sent to your email-id provided at the time of registration (password can be changed later)
- For submitting the proposal, log in by entering your user name and password and you would be navigated to the page displaying BIPP link
- Further details on How to submit a proposal would be available in the BIPP User Guide available on the website
- User Registration and online proposal submission would begin from 15th February. 2010. *No Hard Copy to be submitted.
For details contact:
Dr. Renu Swamp,
Advisor Incharge BIPP,
Department of Biotechnology,
Block No: 2, 7th Floor,
CGO Complex, Lodi Road,
New Delhi – 110003,
Last date for submission of Proposals: 31st March, 2010.
Detailed guidelines for the scheme including eligible project categories to be supported are available at http://dbtindia.nic.in/AboutBIPP.pdf.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.