E-governance to enhance transparency in AICTENews »
E-governance to enhance transparency in AICTE
7th Floor Chandralok Building,
New Delhi – 110 001,
Academic Year 2010-11
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), in order to promote transparency and accountability in its operations, is in the final phase of introducing the e-governance process and revising its procedures for granting the following type of approvals to institutions of technical education :
- Establishment of new technical institutions including integrated campus.
- Starting of new programs, new courses, additional divisions and change in intake in the existing AICTE approved technical institutions.
- Extension of approval for the existing AICTE approved technical institutions.
- Provision of seats for PIO / NRI category / Tuition Fee Waiver Schemes.
- Entry and operation of foreign universities/institutions/collaborations imparting technical education in India.
- Closure of AICTE approved courses.
- Second shift Institutions/courses.
The institutions seeking approvals, new, and if pending, as above may upload their proposals on the website of AICTE at URL www.aicte-india.org in the prescribed format latest by 10th February 2010.
The above URL will be available in the public domain for access with effect from 10th January 2010.
Old applicants, who have already remitted the processing fee, need not pay the processing fee again but the details of the payment made are required to be provided in the online application form.
It shall be mandatory for all the existing AICTE approved Degree and Diploma institutions to upload the information, in the prescribed format on the web portal of AICTE, to enable the Council to process applications, received under categories (b) to (g) as above, for academic year 2010-11.
All pending accreditation proposals will also be processed from 10th January 2010 as per the norms and procedures existing before June 2009.
Applications received after June 2009, will be processed as per the new norms and procedures. However, these applications need to upload afresh on the web portal www.nba-india.org in the revised formats giving the details of the processing fee if already remitted.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.