IIM-Bangalore Ranked Top Business Schools in Central AsiaNews »
IIM – Bangalore Tops List of Business Schools in Central Asia
Three Indian Institutes of Management are the top three B-schools in Central Asia as per the Eduniversal 2013 Ratings and Rankings. As per the ratings announced here on 9th October, 2013, the 40 – year – old IIM-B is at the top of the heap, followed by IIM-A and IIM-C.
The Paris – based Eduniversal is a global ranking and rating agency specializing in higher education.
Top three business schools were chosen from nine geographical zones and there weren’t too many surprises. While National University of Singapore led the way in Far East Asia, Harvard Business School and London Business School topped the list in North America and Western Europe respectively.
i. Central Asia consists of Ten Countries : Bangladesh, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan and India.
ii. Two essential Factors were taken into consideration : The internationalization criteria and the deans’ vote. The latter is peer assessment where the dean is asked to highlight an institute she’d suggest to students.
The award ceremony is being held in Bangalore for the first time. “Indians have a fundamental philosophy that education is very important and we have a propensity to invest in education, so we present a market of great opportunity. However, when foreign universities come to us, they must realize they cannot bring in the European or American model.
They need to build a local product and a local curriculum at an effective cost for India. And they must partner with institutes of global repute here in India,” said Natarajan Krishna Kumar, CEO, MindTree India.
Top B-Schools across Regions
- University of Cape Town, UCT Graduate School of Business, South Africa
- The American University in Cairo, School of Business, Egypt
- University of Stellenbosch Business School, South Africa
2. Central Asia
- IIM – Bangalore
- IIM – Ahmedabad
- IIM – Calcutta
3. Eastern Europe
- St. Petersburg University, Graduate School of Management, Russia
- University of Economics, Prague VSE, Czech Republic
- University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, Poland
4. Eurasia and Middle East
- Tel Aviv University’s Faculty of Management, The Leon Recanati Graduate School of Business Administration, Israel
- Koc University, Graduate School of Business, Turkey
- Istanbul University, Faculty of Business Management, Turkey
5. Far East Asia
- National University of Singapore, NUS Business School, Singapore
- Fudan University School of Management, China
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, HKUST Business School, Hong Kong SAR, China
6. Latin America
- EGADE Business School, Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Escuela de Administracion, Chile
- FGV – EAESP Sao Paulo Business Administration School, Brazil
- IAE Business School, Universidad Austral, Argentina
7. North America
- Harvard Business School, USA
- McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management, Canada
- Yale School of Management, USA
- Stanford University Graduate School of Business, USA
- The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- The University of Auckland Business School, New Zealand
- Monash University, Faculty of Business and Economics, Australia
9. Western Europe
- London Business School, United Kingdom
- Copenhagen Business School, CBS, Denmark
- INSEAD, France