News : Industrial Visit Program for Students of Chennai Schools

Industrial Visit Program for Students of Chennai Schools

Industrial Visit Program for Students of Chennai Schools

Chennai Corporation on Friday launched an industrial visit program for all the 7,099 students of Class XI in its Chennai Schools.

MBA Question Bank CD

Inaugurating the program, Mayor M. Subramanian said “The first batch of 100 students will be taken to Brakes India in Ambattur.

The focus of the program is to help the students gain understanding of the workplace. They will be able to make career options after the visit.”

A total of 40 industrial units have been identified by the civic body for the visit, said Deputy Commissioner M. Balaji.

Ford India, Ashok Leyland, MRF, Royal Enfield, India Cements, Hyundai Motor India, Madras Fertilisers Limited, Saint Gobain Glass India, EID Parry, Britannia, Hindustan Motors, Brakes India, ICF, Addison & Co and Amrutanjan are on the list.

The Corporation would be providing a travel allowance of Rupee 50 per student.

A total of Rupee 3.54 lakh has been allocated for this purpose. The number of students in class XI in the 32 Chennai Higher secondary Schools has increased from 6,285 in 2009-2010 to 7,099 this year, said Mr. Subramanian.

“I have never been to an industry. I want to make a decision on the stream of engineering suited for me. This visit will help me a lot,” said N. Srikanth, a student.

TAGS: ,

Posted In news : Leave a response for industrial visit program for students of chennai schools by

Leave a Comment for Industrial Visit Program for Students of Chennai Schools

11 Responses to “Industrial Visit Program for Students of Chennai Schools”

• hi sir iam doing final year EEE looking for industrial visit for ur company but my class mates are not intrested to come from an th industrial visit so me and my friend both of them very intrested to come from an the industrial visit on ur company so plz rly me quickly we very intrested to come an the industrial visit thank you
    By p.umapathy from chennai,tamil nadu on March 3, 2013 at 11:35 am
  • we r the students of 3rd mechanical at pitam college in andhra pradesh.Can v visit ur industry on date 09/01/2014.
    By G.mohan rao from chennai on December 22, 2012 at 12:40 pm
  • Sir, we are a group of 60 students looking for Industrial visit let me know the formalities.
    By yoga from chennai on December 15, 2012 at 9:38 am
  • I am from GSS jain college for women(commerce department).A group of students have to make an industrial visit.so could you please help us.
    By tanu arora from chennai,tamil nadu on December 12, 2012 at 11:55 pm
  • Hi,i am doing my 2nd year mechanical engineering in chennai. i am certainly interested in going for industrial visit.since there is no one to help me for , kindly help me for the industrial visit.
    By vijay from Chennai, Tamilnadu. on December 9, 2012 at 3:01 pm
    By vijay from Chennai, Tamilnadu. on December 9, 2012 at 2:58 pm
  • We are a group of 50 students from Theni arts and science college. We need IV in your company. Please help us in this
    By Muthu from chennai on November 10, 2012 at 2:26 pm
  • I am from College of Engineering Guindy (Mechanical Engineering), doing my fourth semester . my batch mates are trying to arrange a industrial visit, so that it will be definitely useful towarrds our academic side.
    By Aravind Srinivas.E from chennai on February 8, 2012 at 10:05 pm
  • hi sir , we are the automobile engineering students of 3rd year we need to go for industrial visit like ashokleyland , ford india ,hindustan motors, royal enfield... so please guide as what are the procedure to follow to get iv in this company and how to apply.
    By p.kishon kumar from chennai,tamilnadu on January 25, 2012 at 8:30 pm
  • Hi, AFMC 2014 Application form and AFMC 2014 prospectus can also be downloaded from website www.afmc.nic.in. Last date for downloading AFMC 2014 application form will be 05 February 2014. To know more details, Please refer the following web page ( http://www.winentrance.com/medical_entrance_exam/afmc/afmc-application-form.html).
    By Sr. Content Editor on January 6, 2012 at 11:05 am
  • I am a hr sec school (matric) teacher i would like to take our students for industrial visit to Ford Or any industry Pl tell the procedure to be followed.
    By Mrs.K.Rajeswari from Chennai. Tamil Nadu on January 4, 2012 at 2:37 pm