Institute of Banking Personnel Selection NewsNews »
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection News 2019
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection examination for the academic session 2019.
IBPS 2019 Eligibility
Candidates are advised to study eligibility conditions laid down by IBPS before registering for IBPS PO 2019. In case, any candidate does not meet the specific condition at any stage of the Common Recruitment Process, the candidature is liable to be rejected immediately. The basic eligibility criteria pertaining to nationality, age limit and academic qualification of a candidate applying for IBPS PO 2019 is discussed below.
- To appear for IBPS PO 2019, a candidate must be any of the following
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who is permanently settled in India prior to 01st January, 1962
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from either Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Zaire, or Zambia with the intention of residing permanently in India.
- Candidates are requested to note that candidates belonging to categories ( b ), ( c ), and ( d ) should possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- A graduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a university recognized by Government of India.
- General category candidates must score minimum 60% marks while there is a relaxation of 5% for reserved category.
- Result of the qualifying examination should be declared by September 2019.
- General category applicants should be of at least 20 years and less than 30 years, as on August 1, 2019.
- Provisions for age relaxation, depending upon the category of the candidate as per IBPS norms, is tabulated below
- Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes – 05 years
- Other Backward Classes- Non-Creamy Layer ( OBC-NCL ) – 03 years
- Persons with Disability ( PWD ) – 10 years
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers ( including Emergency Commissioned Officers, and Short Service Commissioned Officers ) who were in service for not less than 5-years and resigned on the conclusion of the assigned project – 05 years
- The original residents of Kashmir Division of the State of J&K during January 1980 to December 1989 – 05 years
- Candidates affected by the 1984 riots – 05 years
IBPS 2019 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2019 is an objective type, computer-based examination, while the exam pattern is different for the Prelims and Mains Exam and the same has been explained below.
- Prelims stage of IBPS PO exam comprises objective type questions which need to be attempted by the candidates in 1 hour.
- It comprises 3 sections, i.e. English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
- Medium of the exam is English and Hindi.
- Section-wise distribution of questions of each section is tabulated below.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marking Scheme||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English||30||+1 for each correct answer; -1 / 4 for each wrong answer||English||1 hour|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||English and Hindi|
As per IBPS PO Marking Scheme, 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer while ¼ marks are deducted for a wrong answer. Candidates who meet the Cut Off score in the Prelims exam as specified by IBPS will proceed to the Mains Exam.
- The Mains exam is divided into 5 sections and the section-wise distribution of questions is tabulated below.
- Candidates will have to answer 200 questions and maximum marks for the exam is 200.
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|Essay & Letter Writing||2||25||30 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English and Hindi||45 minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
- The Main Exam also has the provision of negative marking similar to the Prelims. Only candidates who qualify the specific cut-off score in each section of Main Exams will proceed to the subsequent Interview round.
- It should be noted here that deserving candidates belonging to the reserved category will be provided a free-of-cost pre-exam training by IBPS.
IBPS 2019 Application Form
How to apply
- IBPS application form will be available at the website www.ibps.in.
- The Application Form for IBPS PO 2019 is expected to be available online from July 2019. Candidates can follow these steps for IBPS PO Registration
- Visit the official website of IBPS
- Click on the tab “APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE-PROBATIONARY OFFICERS / MANAGEMENT TRAINEES” to access the Online Application Form.
- Register application by entering basic information in the online form.
- Candidates need to be very careful about the details they enter as there is no provision for editing or modification of the data entered in the application form.
- The system would generate a provisional registration number and password on screen as well send the same via Email & SMS to registered email ID and mobile number.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of the following
- General – ₹600/-.
- SC / ST – ₹600/-.
- IBPS PO 2019 application fees can be paid in the online mode only. The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment can be made by using Debit or Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards / Mobile Wallets.
- On successful completion of the payment process, an e-receipt will be generated which the applicant needs to obtain a print of along with the completed application form.
- Applicants need to keep the following points in mind while filling the IBPS PO 2019 Application Form.
- The applicant’s name / guardian’s name etc. should be spelled identically to the applicant’s certificates / mark sheets. Any dissimilarity found may disqualify the candidature.
- Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to carefully verify the details entered. No change is permitted once the form is submitted.
- Since all correspondence related to the recruitment drive would be sent via email and / or SMS, applicants are advised to register with an active email ID and a valid mobile number.
IBPS 2019 Admit Card
- Separate Admit Cards will be issued for each round of IBPS PO 2019 which will be available to download from the official website.
- IBPS PO Admit Card 2019 for Prelims is expected to be issued in October 2019 while that for Mains will be available in November 2019.
- Applicants need to follow the steps listed here to download their Admit Cards
- Visit the official website of IBPS.
- Click on the link to download IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card.
- Enter the login credentials ( Provisional ID and Password received during the IBPS PO Application Process ).
- Verify the details on the Admit card and obtain multiple prints.
- Note that no candidates will be allowed to appear for either the Prelims or the Main Exams without the following documents
- Valid Admit Card for the respective date and session of Examination.
- Photo-identity proof ( as specified ) in original as well as photocopy.
IBPS 2019 Exam Centres
- IBPS PO 2019 candidates need to specify their preferred center for both Prelims and Main Examinations in the online application form.
- Allotment of IBPS PO 2019 Exam Center will be on the “first-apply-first-allot” manner based on availability.
- The Admit Card will carry the details of the Exam Center and time. Once the centers are allotted, no request for change will be entertained by the Board.
IBPS 2019 Syllabus
The exam pattern of IBPS PO covers a vast range of subjects, wherein English and Quantitative Aptitude are at the elementary level and Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and General Awareness are at the Competitive Examination level.
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Number Series
- Ratio & Proportion
- Percentage & Averages
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Work & Time Time & Distance
- Sequence & Series
- Quadratic Equation
- Permutation & Combination
- Reasoning Ability
- Seating Arrangement
- Input Output
- Coding Decoding
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking / Direction / Alphabet test
- Data sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning
- English Language
- Reading Comprehension,
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Correction
- Para Jumbles
- General Awareness
- Banking & Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs. Static GK
- Computer knowledge
- Fundamentals of Computer
- History of Computer
- Internet MS Office
- Input Output devices
- Computer Shortcuts
IBPS 2019 Results
- IBPS PO Result 2019 for each stage will be announced on the official website as per the schedule published by IBPS in its official notification.
- Successful candidates of Prelims exam will appear for Mains Exam wherein each candidate needs to secure a minimum cut-off score in order qualify for the Interview round.
- IBPS Result for Prelims exam will be announced in October 2019 while that for the Mains exam will be announced in December 2019.
- The corrected scores obtained by each of candidates in different sessions of the main exam will be normalized using the equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to two decimal points will be taken for the purpose of calculations.
- There is a combined IBPS PO Result for qualification to the provisional allotment process.
- It comprises the marks obtained in main and interview taken together in the ratio of 80:20 ( Main: Interview ).
- The following steps are to be followed to download the score card
- Visit the official website of IBPS
- Click on ‘CWE VII PO / MT’ tab
- Follow the link ‘IBPS PO 2017 Result’
- Enter the Registration ID, Password, and Date of Birth
- Verify and Click on Submit
- The scorecard is displayed which includes the maximum marks in each section, minimum cut off marks, and scores obtained by candidate.
- Download and Print IBPS PO Scorecard for further process.
IBPS 2019 Important Dates
|1||Online Registration including Edit/Modification of Application||July - August, 2019|
|2||Online Payment of Application Fees / Intimation Charges||July - August, 2019|
|3||IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card for Prelims||September, 2019|
|4||IBPS PO 2019 Prelims Exam Date||October, 2019|
|5||Publication of Results of IBPS PO 2019 Prelims||October, 2019|
|6||Availability of Hall Ticket for IBPS PO 2019 Mains||November, 2019|
|7||IBPS PO 2019 Mains Exam Date||November, 2019|
|8||Publication of Results for IBPS PO 2019 Mains||December, 2019|
|9||Issuance of Call Letters for IBPS PO 2019 Interview||January, 2020|
|10||Common Interview Schedule||January / February, 2020|
|11||Provisional Allotment||April, 2020|
IBPS House, 90 feet, D.P. Road,
Near Thakur Polytechnic,
Off. Western Express Highway,
P.B. No : 8587,
Mumbai – 400 101.
Website : www.ibps.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.