JNTUK to introduce revised Syllabus from this year
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada ( JNTUK ) will the first university in the State to introduce outcome – based learning from the academic year 2013 – 14. The revised syllabus will be implemented in 220 engineering colleges and 33 pharmacy colleges affiliated to the JNTUK from the academic year starting from June, 2013.
In all, new textbooks will be prepared for 17 branches for the first and second years of pharmacy and the books will be sent to all the affiliated colleges by the time of reopening of colleges. With the Standing Council of Academic Senate approving the proposal tabled by the university officials to switch over to the outcome – based learning, the officials are gearing up to replace the existing syllabus with the new one. “The syllabus will remain the same, but the teaching methodology will be changed drastically. To make the teachers and students accustom to the new syllabus, we are preparing teacher content and student content books, which will become handy for them to switch over to the new system,” G. Tulasi Ram Das, Vice – Chancellor of the JNTUK, said.
Prof. Das said the JNTU Hyderabad and Anantapur were keen on emulating the outcome – based learning and teams from those universities would be visiting the JNTUK to get the details. “In the existing system, the education is examination – oriented and the students are keener on getting good marks rather than understanding the subject better. The new system prompts them understand the subject with special focus on the basics,” the Vice – Chancellor said.
Plans are afoot to make better use of the technology to make students of the affiliated colleges fluent in English language, communication skills and under special training in short – term courses related to engineering and pharmacy. “The teaching in most of the foreign universities is in outcome-based mode. Not many Indian universities evinced interest in this method so far,” says G.V.R. Prasada Raju, Registrar of the JNTUK.
JNTU Kakinada Admission 2013 for MBA ( Under Sponsored Category )
JNTU Kakinada invites applications for admission to regular MBA program ( Under Sponsored Category ) offered by School of Management Studies, JNTUK Kakinada for the commencing session 2013.
- Candidate should have passed recognized Bachelor Degree Examination of Minimum three years duration with at least 50% marks ( 45% marks in case of reserved categories ) in the qualifying examination.
How to Apply
- The application form can be down loaded from JNTU Kakinada web site www.jntuk.edu.in.
- The filled in application form with a D.D. of 1000/- in favor of “The Registrar, JNTU Kakinada, Kakinada” should be submitted to The Director, Admissions JNTUK Kakinada on or before 5th November, 2012.
- Reservation of SC / ST / BC categories will be as per rules. 33 1/3% of seats are reserved for women.
- Last date for submitting completed application form : 5th November, 2012.
JNTU Hyderabad opens M.Sc in Aviation Admission 2012
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University ( JNTU ), Hyderabad invites application form for admission into 5 Year Integrated Master of Science ( M.Sc ) in Aviation course commencing in the session 2012.
JNTU Eligibility :
The Candidate should have passed 10+2 / Intermediate / CBSE / ICSE qualified candidates ( With M.P.C 50% marks ).
JNTU Entrance Exam :
Separate Entrance Examination is conducted by JNTUH with EAMCET – 2012 Entrance Examination Syllabus and 160 multiple choice questions with 3 hrs duration.
JNTU Selection Procedure :
Candidates will be selected in the basis of entrance exam score conducted by the University an personal interview.
JNTU How to Apply :
- The Applicaton form and Prospectus can be downloaded for official website of http://www.jntuh.ac.in/new/
- The filled application form with demand draft for 1000 /- in favour of “The Register, JNT Universiy, Hyderabad” should be submitted to the admission office.
- The application form can also be obtained from the office of APAA by paying 200 / – in cash.
JNTU Important Dates :
- Last Date for the submission of the application form is 13th October, 2012.
- Entrance exam will be held on 19th October, 2012 at 10 AM to 01 PM.
JNTU Hyderabad Contact Details :
JNT University Hyderabad ,
Hyderabad – 500085 .
Phone : 044 – 27753072.
Awareness Programme on e – Learning
Narsaraopet Engineering College has been chosen by JNTU – K to conduct a District – Level Awareness Programme on “E – Learning and Assessment Solutions” for the training and placement officers of all the engineering colleges of Guntur district.
At a programme held on NEC premises on Thursday, Director of Academic Planning , JNTUK, G.V.R. Prasada Raju emphasised the importance of soft skills learning and said that there was a vital connection between the life skills and technology.
Director of Industry – Institute Interaction Placement & Traininig, JNTUK, N.Apparao said that NEC has been making rapid strides in training and placement.
Director, NEC, M. Chakravarthi, explained the importance of developing linguistic proficiency and communicative competence in the present job scenario.
JNTUH Postpones 20th September, 2012 Examinations
JNTU Hyderabad has postponed the B.Tech, MBA and the Pharm – D university examinations scheduled on 20th September, 2012.
The postponed B.Tech exams will be held on 22nd September, 2012, Pharm – D on 25th September, 2012 and MBA on 26th September, 2012. There is no change in timings and the detailed time table has been posted on the website.
SMS JNTU Hyderabad opens MBA in IB Admission
School of Management Studies ( SMS ), Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University ( JNTU ), Hyderabad invites application form for admission into Master of Business Administration ( MBA ) in International Business ( IB ) commencing in the session 2012.
The Candidate shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with 555 of marks from a recognized university.
How to Apply :
- The Application form and Prospectus can be downloaded for official website of http://www.jntuh.ac.in/new/
- The filled application form with demand draft for 1000 / – in favour of “The Register, JNT University, Hyderabad” should be submitted to the admission office.
Important Dates :
- Last Date for the submission of the application form is Aug 25, 2012.
- Entrance exam will be held on Aug 31, 2012 at 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM.
Contact Details :
JNT University Hyderabad,
Hyderabad – 500 085 .
Phone : 044 – 27753072 .