Mehran University of Engineering & Technology – MUET NewsNews »
Mehran University of Engineering & Technology – MUET News
2012 Admission in MUET Jamshoro
Jamshoro, 76062, Sindh, Pakistan,
Telephone No. : 022 – 2771704,
Fax : 022 – 2772196,
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.muet.edu.pk
Mehran University of Engineering & Technology invites admission application for eligible candidates to the following academic programs 2012 :
- BE – Bachelor of Engineering
- BArch – Bachelor of Architecture
MUET Admission Eligibility Criteria 2012 :
|Sale of Bulletin of Information||1st week of September, 2013|
|Last date for receipt of request for supply of Bulletin of Information by post||3rd week of September, 2013|
|Last date of sale of Bulletin of Information by hand||Last week of September, 2013|
|Last date for receipt of applications in the Faculty office||Last week of September, 2013|
|Issue of duplicate Admission Ticket||1st week of October, 2013|
|DU PG Entrance Test||1st week of October, 2013|
|Declaration of DU PG result||Tentative within 10 days after entrance test.|
|Date for Submission of application||Within one week after rechecking Declaration of Result|
|Counselling ( All Categories )||Last week of October, 2013|
|Close of admissions||Last week of October, 2013|
|Commencement of Session ||01st week of November, 2013|
MUET Common Eligibility for Admission 2012 :
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination as mentioned above in Annual Examination 2012 or prior upto Annual 2010 are only eligible to apply for MUET Jamshoro admission.
- Candidates who have appeared in the HSC Annual Examination 2012 and are awaiting for the results are also eligible to apply for admission under above schemes. They will have to attach appearance Certificate from the Principal of the concerned College showing the seat number of HSC Part – II Examination.
- Also they will have to send by Registered Post copy of the Marks Certificate of HSC Examination ( Part – I & II ) within 10 days from the date of the announcement of the result by the concerned Board.
- The candidates shall have to mention on the back of the Certificate the application form number, Category under which he / she has applied for admission and the district of the domicile with Urban / Rural.
- Only those candidates will be issued admit cards to appear in the Pre – admission test who have secured minimum B – Grade 60% aggregate marks.
MUET Pre – Admission Test 2012 :
- All eligible candidates shall be required to appear in the Pre – Admission Test at Public School, Latifabad No.3 Hyderabad on Sunday the 14th October, 2012 at 10.00 am.
- The Test will be conducted in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English from the candidates of HSC Pre – Engineering Group and Diploma Holders and in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics, Computer and English from the candidates of General Science Group.
- The candidates failing to appear in the Test will automatically stand disqualified for admission.
- Admit Slip for Pre – Admission Test will be sent under Courier service. The admit Slip ( original ) issued by the University should be produced by the candidate at the time of the test.
- If any candidate do not receive his / her Admit Slip he / she may contact for the same to the undersigned from 10th October, 2012 to 13th October, 2012 during office hours.
- The candidates will be required to report at the Examination Centre for Test atleast one hour before the start of the pre – admission test.
MUET Admission Application Form 2012 :
- MUET Jamshoro admission application Form and a copy of Prospectus can be obtained from 27th August, 2012 to 7th September, 2012 from designated branches of Habib Bank Limited on payment of [rupee] 2000/- each and be deposited in the same branch of Bank or send by mail under Registered post to the undersigned duly completed in all respects accompanied by Photostat copies of the required documents from 27th August, 2012 to 14th September, 2012.
Designated Bank Branch of Habib Bank Limited :
- (1) Sindh University Old Campus, Hyderabad (2) Unit No.7 Branch, Latifabad, Hyderabad (3) Jail Road Branch, Hyderabad (4) Saddar Branch, Hyderabad (5) Station Road, Dadu (6) Bunder Road, Larkana, (7) Frere Road, Sukkur (8) The Mall Road Branch, Khairpur Mirs (9) Masjid Road, Nawabshah (10) Main Bazzar Sanghar (11) Jinnah Road, Mirpurkhas (12) Station Road, Badin (13) National Highway, Thatta (14) Hassan Square Branch, Karachi and (15) Mehran University Sub Branch, Jamshoro.
Important Dates for MUET Admission 2012 :
|i)||Islamic Theology||Quran, Hadith, Tafseer, Fiqah and Islamic Studies related to Theology.||3|
|ii)||Arabic||Modern Arabic Prose, Modern Arabic Poetry, Islamic Culture and Society, Quranic Studies, Arabic Linguistics, Literary Criticism, Indo - Arabic Literature.||5|
|iii)||Bengali||Folklore, Katha Sahitya, Modern Bengali Literature, Linguistics, Cultural Studies.||2|
|iv)||English||Post - 1950s British Poetry, Gender and Utopian Literature, Colonial and Postcolonial Literature and Cultural Studies, Children’s Literature, South Asian Studies, Australian Literature, Shakespeare, Linguistics and ELT, Women and Literature.||2|
|v)||History||Education and Nationalized Politics, Educational History and Social History.||1|
|vi)||Geography||Urban and Regional Planning, Population Geography and Agriculture Geography.||2|
|vii)||Physics||Astrophysics, General Theory of Relativity, Cosmology, Soft Condensed Matter Physics, Biophysics, Nanotechnology, Electro - optics, Laser Science, Nuclear and Molecular Physics, 3 - body System, Condensed Matter Theory.||2|
|viii)||Chemistry||Specialized in Medicinal, Organic, Inorganic, Physical and Analytical Chemistry.||3|
|ix)||Mathematics||Fuzzy Sets, Graph Theory, Operations Research, Mathematical Biology, Operator Theory, Functional Analysis, Solid Mechanics, Applied Dynamical System.||3|
|x)||Computer Science and Engineering||Image Processing and Pattern Recognition.||0|
|xi)||Electronics and Communication Engineering||1|
|xii)||Mechanical Engineering||Production/ Manufacturing.||2|