National Institute of Immunology – NII PhD Admission NewsNews »
NII PhD Admission 2018
National Institute of Immunology invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) Programme for the academic year of 2018 – 2019.
NII PhD Admission Courses 2018
- PhD programme
NII PhD Admission Eligibility 2018
- M.Sc. in any branch of Science ( e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics ) M.Tech,, M.B.B.S., M.V.Sc., M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification as per the norms of Jawaharlat Nehru University ( JNU ), New Delhi.
- At least 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior Secondary Certificate ( 10+2 ), Bachelor’s & Master’s degree is required. Due relaxation in aggregate score will be applicable to candidates from reserved categories. Rounding off of percentage score to next integral value is not permitted.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this academic year are eligible to apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfilment of the above requirements at the time of joining.
Reservations of seats
15% forSC, 7.5% forST, 27% for OBC ( non-creamy layer ) and 3% for Physically Handicapped as per statutory norms.
NII PhD Admission 2018 Application Form
- NII PhD Admission 2018 Application Form is available in the official website www.nii.res.in.
- Online application fee is ₹ 1000 / – for ( GEN / OBC / PH candidate*) and ₹ 500 / – for SC / ST. Candidates should submit their applications online for admission through either of the two CHANNELS using NII admission portal. The details of the application process are available at www.nii.res.in.
- Applications should be submitted online only ( visit website www.nii.res.in ). Online application facility will be available at the NII website from 27th November, 2017 to 10th January, 2018 by 5.00 PM. Applicants having difficulty in accessing NII Ph.D. admission portal may contact the
( Academic & Training )
National Institute of Immunology,
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi – 110 067,
- Name of the candidate and his / her date of birth should match the corresponding entries in the Secondary School Certificate orequivalent.
- Candidates must ensure that the information furnished in the online application is true and correct. If any discrepancy is observed at any stage, NII reserves the right to cancel the admission.
NII PhD Admission 2018 Exam Centers
|1||Ahmedabad||St Xavier's College Near Gujarat University, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad 380009. Directions: The college is located off-Gujarat University Road ( facing the entrance of L.D. Engineering College ).|
|2||Bangalore||Examination Hall, University of Agricultural Sciences GKVK, Bellary Road, Bangalore 560065. Directions: Mekhri Circle > Proceed 9 km North > After L&T on left turn into UAS-GKVK > After 2.5 km > College of Agricultural building.|
|3||Bhubaneshwar 01||Kendriya Vidyalaya No : 2 CRPF Campus Bhubaneswar -751011|
|4||Bhubaneshwar 02||Kendriya Vidyalaya No: 3 Mancheswar Railway Colony, Pragati Vihar, Bhubaneswar -751017|
|5||Chandigarh||Department of Physics, Centre for Advanced Study in Physics Near P.U. Sports Ground, Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh 160014.|
|6||Chennai||Indian Institute of Technology Class Room Complex ( CRC ) Chennai 600036.|
|7||Cochin||School of Engineering Cochin University of Science & Technology ( CUSAT ) Trikkakkara Campus, Cochin 682036. Directions: CUSAT is in the Ernakulam-Aluva bus route, 10 km from Ernakulam and 10 km from Aluva. There are number of private and transport buses through this route, almost one bus for every 10 - 15 minutes. Autorickshaw will charge about ₹ 140/- from Ernakulam and Aluva.|
|8||Delhi 01||Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College University of Delhi Delhi 110 007.|
|9||Delhi 02||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Pragati Vihar Delhi 110007.|
|10||Delhi 03||Kendriya Vidyalaya, NMR, J.N.U. Old Campus, Baba Gang Nath Marg, Near Ber Sarai, New Delhi 110067|
|11||Guwahati||Lecture Hall Complex ( in front of Academic Complex ) Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati 781039.|
|12||Haldwani||Motiram Baburam Govt. P.G. College Kumaon University, Haldwani, Uttaranchal 263141.|
|13||Hyderabad||University of Hyderabad Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Lecture Hall Complex, PO: Central University, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500046.|
|14||Indore||Educational Multimedia Research Center ( EMRC ) Taxshila Campus, Khandwa Road, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore ( MP ) 452001|
|15||Jaipur||India International School Kshipra Path, Opp. V.T. Road, Mansarovar, Jaipur 302020|
|16||Jammu & Kashmir||Department of Physics, Jammu University New University Campus, Jammu 180004.|
|17||Kanpur||Lecture Hall Complex, Indian Institute of Technology PO: IIT, Kanpur, Kanpur 208016.|
|18||Kolkata 01||Jadavpur University|
|19||Kolkata 02||Department of Mathematics, Basanti Devi College 147 B, Rash Behari Avenue, Kolkata 700029 ( W.B. ).|
|20||Kolkata 03||Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Salt Lake, Sector 1, Labony, Kolkata 700 064.|
|21||Madurai||The Madura College Vidyanagar, T.P.K. Road, Madurai 625011. Directions: The college is located just 1 km from Periyar Bus Stand / 1.5 km from Madurai Railway Junction.|
|22||Mangalore||University College, Hampanakatta, Mangalore 575001, Dakshina Kannada, Karanataka.|
|23||Mumbai||Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005. Directions: From CST, bus route nos. 3, 6, 11, 125 comes to Colaba which terminate at Navy Nagar Bus Depot. From Churchgate, bus route no. 137 comes to Navy Nagar Bus depot.|
|24||Nagpur||Shri Ramdeo Baba Kamla Nehru Engineering College G-Block ( First Year Block ), Gittikhadan, Katol Road, Nagpur 440013.|
|25||Patna||D.Y. Patil Pushapalata Patil International School|
|26||Pune||Loyola High School & Junior College Pashan Road Pune 411 008|
|27||Varanasi||New Lecture Theatre, Institute of Science, Banaras Hindu University Varanasi 221005.|
|28||Visakhapatnam||GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam 530 045.|
NII PhD Admission Selection Procedure 2018
- NII will select candidates for the Ph.D. programme through the following Channels : Entrance Exam to be conducted by NII at five different centres – New Delhi, Kolkata, Pune, Hyderabad, and Guwahati on 18th February, 2018 ( Sunday ).
- Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences ( JGEEBILS-2018 ) to be held on 10th December, 2017. Candidates applying through this channel must submit a separate application to NII, New Delhi, along with application fee, indicating their JGEEBiLS hall ticket number. Candidates must appear in at least one of the two examinations mentioned above Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on their scores in the NII Entrance Examination or JGEEBILS-2018.
- The list of candidates short-listed for interviews shad be available on the website of the institute as well as on the Notice Board of the institute by 30th March, 2018.
- Interviews will beheld at the National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi from 13th June, 2018 to 15th June, 2018.
- Candidates selected after the interviews will be enrolled for the Ph.D. programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi.
- Candidates joining the programme will be paid second class train fare on providing the proof of journey. Ph.D. Programme :
- The programme will start on 9th July, 2018 and the allotment of laboratories will be made within two weeks based on the performance of the candidate in the written test and the interviews, and his / her choices of research area.
- The institute currently provides a Fellowship of ₹ 25000/- per month. Selected candidates who are already fellowship awardees from CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBTor DST will have to avail those fellowship only, as per rules governed by the respective agency,
- Shared hostel accommodation will be available on request.
NII PhD 2018 Interview Schedule
|1||First round will be held from||12th June, 2018 and 13th June, 2018 ( From 9.00 AM onwards )|
|2||Candidates who qualify for the second interview will be displayed on||13th June, 2018 ( By 9.00 PM )|
|3||Second interview will be held on||14th June, 2018 ( From 9.00 AM onwards )|
|4||The names of the candidates selected for admission to the NII Ph.D Program 2018 will be displayed both on the NII website and NII notice board on or before||21st June, 2018|
|5||The academic session will begin on||9th July, 2018|
|6||Last date for accepting the offer and depositing fee||27th June, 2018|
|7||Thesis Supervisors will be allotted by||13th July, 2018|
NII PhD Admission 2018 Important Dates
|1||Application form will be available from||27th November, 2017|
|2||Last Date for submission of application form||10th January, 2018|
|3||Entrance Examination||18th February, 2018|
|4||JGEEBILS Exam||10th Decembar, 2017|
|5||Shortlisted Candidates for Interview||23rd March, 2018|
|6||Date of Interview||13th June, 2018 - 15th June, 2018|
|7||PhD program starts on||9th July, 2018|
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi – 110 067,
Telephone No : 26717121 to 26717145
Fax : 91-11-26742125 / 91-11-26742626
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.nii.res.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.