NII 2017 Admission News
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi – 110 067, India,
Telephone No. : 011-26717101, 011-26703662, 011-26703762,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website : www.nii.res.in.
National Institute of Immunology invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) Program 2017 – 2018.
NII PhD Specializations 2017
- Chemical Biology
- Genetics and Cell Signaling
- Immunity and Infection
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Reproduction and Development
- Structural and Computational Biology
NII PhD 2017 Admission Eligibility Criteria
- M.Sc. in any branch of Science ( e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics ) or M.Tech. or M.B.B.S. or M.V.Sc. or M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification as per the norms of Jawaharlal Nehru University ( JNU ), New Delhi.
- At least 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior Secondary Certificate ( 10+2 ) and Bachelor’s and Master’s degree is required. Due relaxations in aggregate score will be applicable for SC / ST candidates. Rounding off of percentage score to next integral value is not permitted.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this academic year may also apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfillment of the above requirements at the time of joining.
NII PhD 2017 Admission Seats
Reservations of Seats : 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC ( non – creamy layer ) and 3% for Physically Handicapped as per statutory norms.
NII PhD 2017 Admission Selection Procedure
- NII will select candidates for Ph.D. Program for the academic year 2017 – 2018 through the following CHANNELS.
- Entrance Examination conducted by NII at New Delhi on 19th February, 2017 ( SUNDAY ). Those who opt for the NII Ph.D. entrance test will get their admit card by email. The written examination for NII Ph.D. entrance test 2017 is designed to assess knowledge of Bachelor’s level biology, basic knowledge ( 12th class level ) of Physics and Chemistry. The written examination will also evaluate basic quantitative skills and the general ability to comprehend, analyze and reason. The examination will consist of 60 multiple choice questions ( +3 for correct answer and -1 for incorrect answer ) to be answered in 90 minutes.
- Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences ( JGEEBILS 2017 ). The candidates applying through JGEEBILS-2017 will also have to submit a separate application to NII, New Delhi indicating their JGEEBILS hall ticket number.
- The candidates must appear in at least one of the two examinations mentioned above. Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on their scores in JGEEBILS ( December 2016 ) or in the NII Entrance examination ( February 2017 ).
- The list of candidates short-listed for interviews shall be available on the website of the Institute as well as on the Notice Board of the Institute by 31st March, 2017.
- Interviews will be held at National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi from 14th to 16th June, 2017.
- Candidates selected after the interviews will be enrolled for the Ph.D. Program of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi.
- The candidates selected for the Ph.D. Program would be paid second class train fare for joining the institute on providing the proof of journey.
NII PhD 2017 Admission Procedure
NII PhD Online Application is available on NII website http://www.nii.res.in. NII PhD Online Application fee 500/- ( For GEN / OBC / PH ) & 250/- for ( SC / ST ). The candidates applying through JGEEBILS-2017 will also have to submit a separate application to NII, New Delhi indicating their JGEEBILS hall ticket number. Candidates applying through both Channel I and II should submit their application online through NII Ph.D. admission portal. The details for application process are available at http://www.nii.res.in.
Important Dates for NII PhD 2017 Admission
- Last date for submission of applications to NII : 10th January, 2017
- NII PhD Entrance Exam date : 19th February, 2017
- Interviews at NII : 14th to 16th June, 2017
- Announcement of final results ( latest by ) : June, 2017
- Commencement of Ph.D. Program : 10th July, 2017