Pondicherry Engineering College Opens PG Admission
Pondicherry Engineering College ( PEC ), Puducherry invites application form for admission in to Postgraduate Programmes commencing in the session 2012 – 13.
The Courses are offered in :
- Master of Computer Application ( MCA )
- M.Tech. in Civil Engineering ( Advanced Construction Technology )
- M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering ( Energy Technology )
- M.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering ( Distributed Computing Systems )
- M.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering ( Electrical Drives and Control )
- M.Tech. in Environmental Engineering ( offered jointly by the Departments of Civil Engineering and Chemical Engineering )
- M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering ( Information Security )
- M .Phil. in Physics ( Material Science )
- M.Sc. in Physics ( Materials Science & Technology )
- M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering ( Product Design and Manufacturing )
- M.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering ( Wireless Communication )
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with 50% of marks from a r4cognised university.
Selection Procedure :
Candidates will be selected based on entrance test score conducted by the institute.
How to Apply :
- Application forms and Information Brochure can be obtained from Office of PEC Credit Society, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry – 605014, in person on all working days on or after 29th June, 2012 on payment of 1030 / – [ 530 / – for SC / ST candidates ]. favor of The Registrar, BPS Mahila Vishwavidyalaya, Khanpur Kalan, payable at Punjab National Bank, Khanpur Kalan ( Code 2303 ).
- Application forms can also be obtained by post by sending a request to The Convenor, CENTAC – PG, MCA & MBA Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry – 605014, along with two self – addressed slips ( neatly typed or hand written ) and a crossed demand draft for 1065 / – ( 1000 / – towards the cost of application and 65 / – for postage ) [ 565 / – for SC / ST Candidates ], ( 500 / – towards the cost of application and 65 / – for postage ) ], drawn in favour of The Convenor, CENTAC – PG, MCA & MBA payable at Puducherry. Payment by cheques, postal orders and money orders will not be accepted.
- Application form can also be downloaded from the official website of http://www.pec.edu/centacpg2012/applicationPG.pdf and filled form submitted along with crossed Demand Draft for 1000 / – [ 500 / – for SC / ST candidates ] drawn in favour of the Convenor, CENTAC – PG, MCA & MBA payable at Puducherry.
Important Date :
- Last date for the submission of application form is 16th July, 2012.
- Entrance test for M.Tech, M.Phil and M.Sc will be held on 28th July, 2012 & 29th July, 2012.
- Entrance test for MCA will be held on 29th July, 2012 at 10 AM to 12 PM.
Contact Details :
Centralised Admission Committee ( CENTAC – PG MCA & MBA ),
Pondicherry Engineering College,
Puducherry – 605014.
Examination at Pondicherry Engineering College Postponed
Failure on the part of the Pondicherry University, to despatch question papers to Pondicherry Engineering College (PEC) on 29th April, 2011, resulted in the postponement of university final examinations for a section of the students belonging to the Chemical Engineering Department.
Students of the department at PEC told that when they reached the examination hall on 29th April, 2011 morning to appear for the ‘New Separation Technique’ paper, they were told by the officials that the examination was being postponed as the question papers had not arrived.
Principal of PEC V. Prithviraj said that officers at the examination department of the college had informed the university on 28th April, 2011 evening that the question papers had not been despatched and they were yet to receive it.
As the papers did not arrive even on the morning of the examination, it had to be rescheduled to 6th May, 2011.
When contacted, the Controller of Examination at the Pondicherry University, J. Sampath, said that the failure to send the question papers to PEC, which was located right next to the university, was an “unintentional mistake.” However, disciplinary action would be initiated against those who were responsible for the failure.
He also said that the system developed by the university to prepare and send question papers to thousands of affiliated colleges had been working efficiently and what happened on 29th April, 2011 was a “rare mistake”.