Rajasthan Board of Education Hikes Remuneration for Teachers on Exam DutyNews »
Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education Hikes Remuneration for Teachers on Exam Duty
The Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education on 24th September, 2013 increased the remuneration of teachers deputed for examination duty from 25% to 50%. This increase will be implemented from the next board exam starting in 2014. Teachers were demanding the increase since long.
The finance committee of the board took the decision on this long pending proposal and gave relief to teachers engaged in examination duty. There are about 18 lakh students appearing in all board exams this year in the state. The last increase in the remuneration was made in 2010.
- Now, an examiner who evaluates an answer copy of class XII will get [rupee] 14 per copy which was [rupee] 10 earlier.
- Examiners who evaluate answer sheets of other classes will also get [rupee] 13 per copy which was [rupee] 9 last year.
- “An invigilator at an examination will get [rupee] 80 which was [rupee] 60.
- The examination center superintendent will now get [rupee] 100 from the earlier [rupee] 70 per day during examination,” said P C Verma, chairman of the board.
- The committee has also increased the remuneration of teachers engaged in practical examinations with an examiner set to get [rupee] 15 as against [rupee] 10 earlier and the subject teacher will get [rupee] 100 per batch instead of the [rupee] 70 earlier.
- The principal of the school will get [rupee] 2.50 against [rupee] 1.50 per student for supervision. Member of the flying squad will get [rupee] 120 which was earlier [rupee] 80 per day.
- The coordinator of the exam will get [rupee] 150 in place of [rupee] 100.
- The committee has also increased the remuneration of education officers and district education officer who will now get [rupee] 1500 instead of [rupee] 1200.
- Deputy directors will get a consolidated amount of [rupee] 2000 rupees instead of [rupee] 1500.
The board has also raised the fees of question paper setters, fourth class employees and employees working at collection centers.