Bharathiar University conducts SET on 7th October,News »
Bharathiar University conducts SET 2012 on 7th October, 2012
Bharathiar University, Coimbatore invites application for State Eligibility Test ( SET 2012 ) for Lectureship in Universities and colleges in Tamil Nadu & Union Territory of Puducherry.
State Eligibility Test ( SET ) to determine eligibility for lectureship for Indian Nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession. The Test is conducted in Arts, Social Sciences, Science, Education and Commerce subjects.
SET Syllabus :
To view the SET Syllabus please visit this page : http://www.b-u.ac.in/setsyllabus/index.html
SET Exam Eligibility :
- Only those Candidates who have completed / are pursuing PG degree are eligible to appear in SET. Others need not apply.
- Candidates who have secured atleast 55% marks ( without grace or rounding off ) in Master’s Degree ( or ) equivalent examination are eligible for this test. The Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribes ( ST ) / Physically Challenged ( PC ) / Visually Challenged ( VC ) category candidates who have secured atleast 50% marks ( without grace or rounding off ) in Master’s Degree Examination are eligible for this Examination.
- Candidates who have appeared ( or ) will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree Examination and whose results are still awaited ( or ) candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination ( or ) equivalent with atleast 55% marks ( 50% in case of SC / ST / PC / VC category candidates ). Such candidates must obtain their P.G. Degree Marksheet within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 ( irrespective of date of declaration of result ) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in SET Examination.
- Candidates have to appear for SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.
SET Test Pattern :
The test will consist of 3 papers. All the 3 papers will be held on 7th October, 2012 in two separate sessions.
Test Centres :
Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Salem, Tirunelveli, Chidambaram, Karaikudi, Vellore and Puducherry.
How to Apply :
- The candidates are required to download / print the Bank Challan Proforma from the Bharathiar University http://www.b-u.ac.in/set2012/index.php and then deposit the requisite test fee in any branch of the banks Bank of India, Indian Bank and Indian Overseas Bank along with the bank charges ( commission ) of [rupee] 25 / -.
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online. After successful submission, the candidate should take printout of online Application Form ( two copies ), Attendance Slip ( one copy ) and Admission Card ( one copy ) on separate A – 4 size papers.
- The Application ( consisting of one copy of printout of online application form, one copy of Attendance Slip and one copy of Admission Card ) along with required documents must reach The SECRETARY, SET 2012, BHARATHIAR UNIVERSITY, COIMBATORE – 641046.
Examination fee is [rupee] 1,000 / – for General candidates, [rupee] 750 / – for OBC Candidates, [rupee] 250 / – for SC / ST / Physically challenged / visually challenged.
Time Table :
|Activity / Events||Dates|
|Notification for Advertisement of University of Calcutta||14th July, 2015|
|Opening of website for Online submission of application & Fee Deposit||14th July, 2015 to 22nd July, 2015
Up to 4 P.M.
|Online Fee Deposition through SBI Collect||14th July, 2015 to 23rd July, 2015
Up to 4 P.M.
|Hall Ticket Download for Entrance Test from website||To be announced later|
|Entrance Test||To be announced later|
|Publication of Draft merit list of C.U. current year students Gr. 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, 20, 22, 24, 25, 26||27th July, 2015|
|i) Claim for submission of correction ( if any ) using Format - I|
ii) Submission of Printed copy along with relevant testimonials by the shortlisted candidates as notified
iii) Verification of Documents
|28th July, 2015 to 03rd August, 2015|
|Publication of provisional 1st list of candidates selected for admission||To be notified later|
|Date of admission||To be notified later|
|Commencement of Classes||To be notified later|
|Detailed schedule of Entrance Test||To be notified later|
Important Dates :
- Last date for the submission of online application form : 31st August, 2012.
- Last date for receiving filled in application : 7th September, 2012.
- SET 2012 exam date : 7th October, 2012.
Contact Details :
Coimbatore – 641046.
Phone : 0422 – 2428195.