Belgaum and Nippani children ace the The Hindu Young World painting contest
Rohin S. Lingade from Belgaum and Shradha Sudhir Patil from Nippani won the first prize in the third edition of the The Hindu Young World Painting Competition in Hubli on 10th February, 2013 in the junior and senior categories respectively.
Artists Shaik Mohiddin and Mounesh Y. Badiger, the judges, took nearly an hour to pick the winners from 350 plus students who gave expression to their thoughts using colours on as many as 16 different topics given to them on the spot.
Rohin S. Lingade, Class VII student from St. Paul’s English Medium School, Belgaum, got the first prize for his painting on the topic ‘beach’.
Seema V. Shet, Class VII student from NLE S.R. Bommai Public School, Hubli, got the second prize for her painting on ‘joint family’.
Class IV student from M.V. Herwadkar English Medium School Keyuri S. Shanbhag won the third prize for her painting on ‘beach’.
In the senior category, Shradha Sudhir Patil, Class IX student from KLES’ English Medium CBSE School, Nippani, won the first prize for her painting on ‘space holiday’.
Preksha D. Parmar, Class IX student from Dr. G.V. Joshi Rotary English Medium School, Hubli; and M. Sankeerthan Reddy, Class X student from Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Hubli, won the second and third prizes respectively.
Artist Mehboob Ali J. Banglewale, the chief guest, gave away the cash prizes to winners while the judges Shaik Mohiddin and Mounish Badiger gave away consolation prizes. While the first three winners in senior category got cash prizes of 5,000, 3,000 and 2,000 respectively, and the first three winners in the junior category got cash prizes of 3,000, 2,000 and 1,000 respectively. The consolation prize winners got 500 each.
Junior category : Urvi Sandeep Shanbhag; Nitya N. Navelkar; Lingaraj A. Ankalgi and Bhakti S. Jayannache, M.V. Herwadkar English Medium School, Belgaum; Ambika V. Koulgi, Basaveshwar International Public School, Bagalkot; Saakshi S. Kolekar, Divine Providence Convent High School; and Praveen H. Bhusraddi, Bapuji International School.
Senior Category : Siddharth P. Revankar, St. Antony’s Public School, Hubli; Vallbhi Pai and Apoorva V. Mahale, Smt. Nirmala Thakkar English Medium High School, Hubli; Mitalee A. Oswal, Chetan Public School, Hubli; Nikhita H. Hooli, Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Hubli; Kritika N. Irkal, Dr. G.V. Joshi Rotary English Medium School, Hubli; Sanjana S. Hurkadli, KLES’ English Medium School, Hubli.
MIOT Hospitals is the Presenting Sponsor while Amrutanjan, Dabur is the Associate Sponsor, and Fruitnik is the beverage partner for the event. Kabir Agencies, Dharwad; Agra Sweets and Milk Bar, Hubli; Institute of Excellence in Management Studies ( IEMS ), Hubli; Dhammanagi Comforts, Hubli are the regional sponsors for the event.
Riot of Colors at The Hindu Young World Painting Contest 2013
Colours ran riot as hundreds of students, armed with paint brushes and pallets, unleashed their creativity at the finals of this year’s The Hindu Young World Painting Competition at the Army Public School here on 10th February, 2013.
A multi – coloured circus, an animated magic show and the more obscure images from space – all these came alive on mini – canvases as around 450 students, shortlisted from over 2,000 from the city and its surroundings, vied for the top prizes.
Once their masterpieces were ready, the students were all anxious. Abhishek Chatterjee, a Class 6 student of Delhi Public School, East, who chose to paint a beach with several coconut trees and a lone man surfing, said : “I love drawing. Colours excite me.”
Topping Sunday’s contest in the junior category were Apeksha Pai of Vidyaniketan Public School, Hrithik Sridhar of St. Paul’s English School and A. Nikhil Nahar of Prasiddhi School.
In the senior category, the top prizes were won by Shalini Bandyopadhyay of Presidency School, Himashi Singh of Grace Art Creation and Sangeetha V. of Miranda English School.
Seven consolation prizes were given away in each category.
Sharing a quick tip on what helped her win, young artist Shalini said : “When I paint, I always make it colourful to attract people.”
Chief guest of the event and art historian at Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath H.A. Anil Kumar told students that the growth of the animation industry would lead to immense job opportunities for artists.
Meanwhile, Manjula Raman, Principal, Army Public School, said : “Your art is an expression that is individualistic. Your creation is a master piece of your feelings and emotions.”
The contest was judged by Babu Jattakar and V.R.C. Shekar, senior faculty members of Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath.
The presenting sponsor of the event was MIOT Hospitals, while Amrutanjan and Dabur were associate sponsors.
Max Life Insurance and Just Books were regional sponsors.
The Hindu Young World Painting Competition 2013
Class IV to VII
- My family and my house
- My Pet(s)
- Save our environment
- My street on a rainy day
Class VIII to IX
- India in 2025
- Bird Watching
- Train Journey
How to Participate
- Choose any one topic and draw the painting on a white drawing sheet ( size 26 cm X 27 cm )
- Write your name, age, class,school and residential address on the backside.
- Get your painting certified by your Principal or Art Teacher as you own original work.
- Send it to any of the 15 centres where you would like to attend the final competition, if your entry got selected.
Last Date for entries: 28 January 2013
Finals to held on : 10 February 2013
- Regional General Manager ( Circulation ), The Hindu, 19 & 21, Bhagwan Mahaveer Road, ( Infantry Road ), Bangalore – 560 001.
- Regional General Manager ( Circulation ), The Hindu, Kalburgi Katwe Identity, Bannigida Stop, Green Garden, Gokul Road, Hubli – 580 030.
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, Door No.23-9-655/1, Jeppu, Mangalore – 575 001
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, T.C. No.36/1946 (1), Airport Road, Vallakadavu, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 008.
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, Chennai Bypass Road (NH 45), Senthanneerpuram, Trichy – 620 004
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, 19 & 20, A.T.T.Colony, L.I.C Road, Coimbatore – 641 018.
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, 147/2-A, Eighty Feet Road, K.K.Nagar, Madurai – 625 020
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, P.O.Box No.1971, N.H. By Pass Road, Vyttila Junction, Kochi – 682 019
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, P. O. Box No. 1816, 1st Floor, ‘Shaaz’, Near Saradha Hospital, Kannur Road, Kozhikode – 673 006.
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, 6-3-879 & 879-B, Begumpet Public Road, Hyderabad – 500 016.
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, 55-1-4, 100 Feet Road, Industrial Estate, Auto Nagar, Vijayawada – 520 007
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, Kasturi Buildings, 859 & 860, Anna Salai, Chennai – 600 002
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, 14-15-16, printing Press Complex, Wazirpur, New Delhi – 110 035
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, 50-19-9, T.P.T Colony, Sreethammadahara, Visakahapatnam – 530 013
- Regional General Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, No. 1024/2, 1028/3, New No. CH 19/1, Ground Floor, PDR Atrium, Jayalakshmi Vilas Road, Mysore – 570 005