VTU reschedules MBA, MCA & M.Tech Exams Time Table 2013
In view of the nation wide two – day strike called by various organizations, evoked a mixed response in the state. Schools and Colleges along with business establishments remained closed in some places.
The Visvesvaraya Technological University ( VTU ), Belguam has postponed the MBA, MCA & M.Tech semester exams, scheduled on 20th February, 2013 and 21st February, 2013. The decision to put off the examinations was taken at an emergency meeting of the university held by Vice – chencellor H Maheshappa and Registrar ( Evaluation ) H G Shekharappa on 20th February, 2013.
VTU MBA MCA Mtech Exams Rescheduled Time Table 2013 :
|Course||Subject Code||Scheduled date||Rescheduled date|
|M.Tech 2012||12 to 15Subjects of all disciplines||Feb 20, 2013||Feb 27, 2013|
|M.Tech 2011||11 to 15Subjects of all disciplines||Feb 20, 2013||Feb 27, 2013|
|Feb 20, 2013||Feb 27, 2013|
IT for Managers
|Feb 20, 2013||Feb 27, 2013|
Mkt. of Infra. Ser. & Utilities
|Feb 20, 2013||Feb 27, 2013|
|Feb 20, 2013||March 01, 2013|
|Feb 21, 2013||March 01, 2013|
VTU Special Supplementary Examinations Registration process started
VTU ( Visveswaraya Technological University ) has openly announced an important update for students that the candidate waiting for special supplementary examinations. This time University authorities have updated that the VTU special supplementary examinations has been scheduled on 1st September, 2012 and 2nd September, 2012.
VTU special supplementary examinations registration process.
Candidates need to follow an online registration process and get them registered. As per the updates, the registration process has been started and last date for online registration process is 24th August, 2012.
For more information regarding VTU special supplementary examinations candidate may visit the official website https://examform.vtu.ac.in/ or https://examform.vtu.ac.in/
VTU to launch Marine Engineering Course this Academic Year
It is a very first time in Karnataka where VTU – Vishveshwaraya Technology University will be introducing a new four – year Undergraduate Course in ‘Marine Engineering’. It is said to take its shape right from this session, 2012 – 13.
What is Marine Engineering :
It refers to research conducted in oceans and coastal or inland waters. It deals with construction and maintenance of ships and other sailing boats and vessels. After the session completes the four year Marine Engineering course and a four-modular course successfully, the student will be eligible to be appointed as a Junior Engineer on Merchant Ships.
Well, Job opportunities are also available as, after the completion of the stipulated period on ships and after passing the required competency Examination Examination conducted by the Directorate General of Shipping, Govt of India or Marine Administration of other Governments, the Engineering becomes a Chief Engineer of a ship.
The course will be offered at Mangalore Marine College and 60 students will be admitted. The programme has been approved by the Directorate General of Shipping ( DGS ), Mumbai and is expected to get a stamp of approval from the AICET – All India Council For Technical Education.
It is the first new engineering course which has been planned to introduce this year, later Railway Engineering and Aerospace Engineering may be introduced in the upcoming academic year. Of the total intake mentioned above, 27 seats will be offered through KEA and the rest will be made available under the management quota, according to abdul Razal, Public Relations Officer ( PRO ), MMC.
The college will follow the syllabus adopted by the Indian Maritime University, Visakhapatnam. VTU has just made some small changes. Half of the syllabus will be the Mechanical Engineering component, the rest will be knowledge of Ships.
Students will have to attend eight examinations from the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping during the course. In addition to this VTU shall be conducting Semester wise examinations.
Counselling in VTU Center to begin on 25th June, 2012
Counselling for selection of seats in professional colleges will start at the Visvesvaraya Technological University regional centre Gulbarga on 25th June, 2012.
The counselling will go on till 10th July, 2012. “The last date for seeking admissions into colleges is 31st July, 2012,” Karnataka Examination Authority Nodal Officer Anand Raj told presspersons Gulbarga on 24th June, 2012.
“The KEA has introduced the online seat selection process for the first time. This means that the students can choose the seat, college or city on the KEA website, sitting at home. They need to come to the helpline centres only for verification of documents and payment of fees to get admitted in colleges,” he said.
Officials at the Gulbarga centre will verify the original documents of candidates. Candidates need to bring one set of photocopies of SSLC and PUC marks cards and certificates of caste and income if applicable, and three passport size photographs.
For details, contact 9481 – 066793 or 08472 – 233020.
VTU Belgaum opens Ph.D & M.Sc ( Engg ) Admission 2014
Visvesvaraya Technological University ( VTU ), Belgaum invites application form for Full Time and Part Time Ph.D and M.Sc ( Engineering ) research programmes commencing in the session 2014.
The Research Programmes are offered in :
- Ph.D / M.Sc. ( Engg ) by Research in the Faculty of Engineering
- Ph.D in the Faculty of Science
- Ph.D in the Faculty of Architecture
- Ph.D in the Faculty of Computer Application
- Ph.D in the Faculty of Business Administration
- The minimum qualification to be satisfied by the candidates seeking admission to PhD Programmes shall be as per Section PHD 5.2 of Regulations ( Amended ) Governing the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy ( Ph.D. ) – 2014.
- The candidates shall qualify in the ULRAT ( University Level Research Aptitude Test ) Conducted by the University. However, mere clearance of ULRAT is not a guarantee for registration.
- The candidates who have acquired M.Tech. / M.Sc. degree through Distance mode shall not be eligible for admission. For more details http://www.vtu.ac.in/index.php/phd-mscengg.html.
Note : Those who are studying in final Semester of M.Tech, M.Arch, MCA, MBA and M.Sc ( Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Geology ) may also apply.
How to Apply :
- Candidates may apply for registration through a recognized Research Centre in any VTU affiliated college / R&D laboratory or VTU Research Resource Centre.
- Application form can be downloaded from the official website of http://www.vtu.ac.in/pdf/phd2014/application2014.pdf.
- Candidate have to submit the print out of the examination application form along with DD of in favor of ‘Finance Officer. VTU, Belgaum’, should be sent to below address by mentioning “Application for Ph.D / M.Sc ( Engg ) by Research”.
Important Dates :
- Last date for the submission of application form is 25th June, 2014.
- ULRAT ( University Level Research Aptitude Test ) will be held on 13th July, 2014.
Contact Details :
Visvesvaraya Technological University,
Belgaum – 590018, Karnataka.
Phone : 0831 – 2498127.