Workshop on EyeboticsNews »
Workshop on ‘EYEBOTICS: An Image Processing Based Robotics’ :
Two Days Hands – on Workshop on “Eyebotics” : An Image Processing Based Robotics’ will be organised on 18th – 19th October, 2012 by Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Faculty of Engineering Technology & Research and Think Ware Pvt. Ltd, Delhi at Seminar Hall, Faculty of Engineering Technology & Research, Bardoli – Navsari Road, Bardoli- Surat.
Eyebotics Workshop Dates :
Workshop will be conducted on 18th October, 2012 & 19th October, 2012 during 9 : 00 AM to 5 : 00 PM.
“Knowledge advances by steps and not by leaps” was said by Lord Macaulay and to foster the same idea Faculty of Engineering Technology and Research is established. FETR is established in 2010 and catering undergraduate engineering programs viz.
Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sci. & Engineering. This institute is affiliated by Gujarat Technological University, Ahmadabad & approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
FETR also provides opportunity to young, dynamic and just – out – of – the – college individuals to have their hands on experience in teaching field . The department of Computer Science & Engineering at FETR, Bardoli offers highly competitive B.E. program. The four year program leading to a B.E. degree builds strong foundations in all traditional areas of Computer Science & Engineering.
Eyebotics Workshop Mentors :
- Dr. L. B. Chaudhari, Principal FETR
- Prof. B. R. Bhatt, H.O.D. CS & E Dept.
Workshop Objective :
EyeBOTICS course presents the theory and practice of digital image processing with Matlab. Numerous examples and practical hands – on exercises are included in the course. One major topic of image processing is covered in every lecture, typically consists of a discussion of the basic theoretical concepts and examples illustrating practical imaging problems
Eyebotics Workshop Contents :
- Introduction to Computer vision
- Digital Image Processing in Matlab
- Image Acquisition and Processing
- Image Manipulation in MATLAB
- Integrating image processing code real – time as Embedded System ( Robots ) including Following :
- Introduction to AVR Microcontrollers
- Concepts of DDRx, PINx & PORTx RegistersM
- Different types of Motors.
- Intelligence in robots with Micro – controller.
- Use of macros to make programming easier for complex interfacings
- Use of USB/Serial port programmer.
- Using AVR Dude Burner Software.
- Working with compilers ( WinAVR and Ponyprog ).
- Ball Fall Robots
Eyebotics Workshop Features :
- Takeaway EyeBOTICS Robotic kit worth [rupee] 4900/- to each team
- Certificate of participation will be given to each participant from ThinnkWare Company.
- Discount voucher of [rupee] 500 to each student for online purchase of microcontroller learning kits.
Eyebotics Workshop Fees :
- [rupee] 6500 per Team. Team should contain Maximum 4 persons.
- The fees to be paid in by DD/ banker’s cheque in favor of “Faculty of Engineering Technology & Research”, payable at Bardoli.
Eyebotics Workshop Registration :
The completely filled registration form and DD / cheque should reach on or before 15th October, 2012 to :
Prof. V. C. Joshi,
Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Faculty Of Engineering Technology & Research,
Bardoli – Navsari Road, At. Isroli, PO. Afwa,
Tal. Bardoli, District Surat, Pincode – 394 620,
Email : email@example.com.
Soft copy may please be also sent to : firstname.lastname@example.org The registration will be confirmed through email. Course material, Refreshments and lunch will be provided during programme.