NIFT Entrance Exam 2017
NIFT or National Institute for Fashion Technology is a very famous college in India for Fashion designing and various courses related to apparel manufacturing and other technologies and techniques. Aspiring candidates interested in pursuing a career in the field of Fashion can apply for the various courses offered by the National Institute of Fashion Technology.
National Institute of Fashion Technology invites application form for NIFT Entrance Exam 2017 for admission to the Bachelor & Master Degree Program in Design Management & Technology at NIFT Institutes.
NIFT 2017 Eligibility
For Bachelor Programmes
Maximum Age : 23 years as on 1st October, 2017. The upper age limit will be relaxed by a period of 5 ( five ) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe / Differently Abled Person ( PHP ) subject to following qualifications :
NIFT 2017 Eligibility for Bachelor Programs – Design – B.Des.
( Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication )
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central / State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. or
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) Examination ( London / Cambridge / Sri – Lanka ) at the Advanced (A) level / International Baccalaureate ( IB ). or
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system. or
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects. or
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
NIFT 2017 Eligibility for Bachelor Program – Technology :
Bachelor of Fashion Technology ( Apparel Production ) ( B.F Tech. )
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. or
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) Examination ( London / Cambridge / Sri – Lanka ) at the advanced ( A ) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate ( IB ). or
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. or
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. or
- 3 or 4 years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
For Master Programs : Age – No age limit
NIFT 2017 Eligibility for Master Program – Design
M.Des ( Master of Design )
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India or
- Diploma in UG Design from NIFT / NID only.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Note : Design Space is an advanced course that demands an understanding of fundamentals in design and presupposes that candidates would be familiar with the basic skills and theories for successful completion of the program. M.Des. would not provide any basic knowledge and skill development in design as a part of Master program. The program provides an option to students to earn final semester credits through ‘Course Work’ or a ‘Dissertation’
NIFT 2017 Eligibility for Master Program – Management
M.F.M ( Master of Fashion Management )
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India. or
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
NIFT 2017 Eligibility for Master Program – Technology
M.F.Tech. ( Master of Fashion Technology )
- B.F.Tech. from NIFT or
- B.E. / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply provided :
That they produce a proof of having acquired minimum prescribed qualifications at the time of counselling / admission. or
If the 12th class / final year / final semester ( as the case may be ) result of qualifying degree / certificate examination is not declared by the concerned Board / University till the date of counselling / admission, his / her admission in that case will be strictly provisional subject to the following conditions :
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of 10/- in the prescribed Proforma ( Annexure-I ) is submitted. In case the candidate is minor i.e. below 18 years of age, the affidavit shall be signed by his / her parent / guardian. Candidates / parent / guardians may note that submission of false affidavit is a punishable offence;
- The candidate will submit the final result of qualifying degree / certificate providing his / her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2017 to their Campus Director / Jt. Director where the admission has been granted.
- In case the candidate fails to submit his / her final result of qualifying degree in the manner as prescribed at ( ii ) above to prove his / her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2017, whatsoever the reason may be his / her admission will be treated as null and void ( cancelled ) and entire fee will be forfeited. Any exception will be as per the decision of DG-NIFT, on a case to case basis.
- The Campus Director / Jt. Director will be responsible to ensure that the eligibility of all students meet prescribed qualification for admission specially in case of provisional students. The provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled if the candidate fails to submit result in time i.e. 30th September, 2017.
- Those candidates who are seeking provisional admission due to non-declaration of their final year / final semester / 12th class ( refer Annexure -I ) will provide proof of having passed all papers in all the previous years / semesters of qualifying degree examination ( whichever relevant ).
- The candidates will also bring the date sheet / admit card / Principal’s certificate as proof of having appeared in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates who have appeared for compartment / Supplementary examination( s ) in the 12th standard or final semester / final year of graduation and the result of the same is not declared by the time of counseling / admission, such candidates will be considered for admission as per para 1 ( b ) ( ii ) above, for the academic session 2017-18.
Any candidate who has not appeared for the qualifying exam before the date of counselling / admission to NIFT, will not be eligible.
It is further clarified that provisional admission will be considered only in such cases where the result of Final year / semester of the qualifying degree has not been declared by the concerned Board / University in its totality. In case the result has been declared by the concerned Board / University but it has not been declared in a specific case, for any reason, such cases will NOT be considered under provisional admission category.
To know more about NIFT Eligibility Click Here
NIFT Exam Schedule 2017
NIFT Written Test 2017 ( All UG and PG Programs ) :
|Bachelor of Design||CAT||10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.|
|GAT||02.00 P.M. to 04.00 P.M.|
|Master of Design||CAT||10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.|
|GAT||02.00 P.M. to 04.00 P.M.|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||GAT||10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.|
|Master of Fashion Technology||GAT||10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.|
|Master of Fashion Management||GAT||10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.|
NIFT Exam Pattern 2017
General Ability Test ( GAT ) For Bachelor of Design ( B.Des. ) and Master of Design ( M.Des. ) :
This test will comprise of various sections as given below :
- Quantitative Ability
- Communication Ability
- English Comprehension
- Analytical Ability
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
The number of questions may vary in each section year to year.
NIFT Test Structure 2017
|Language of Written Test||English||English|
|Test Duration ( MIN )||120||120|
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||30||30|
Quantitative Ability : This sub – test is designed to test the quantitative ability of the candidates. The sub – test may include questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
Communication Ability :This sub-test is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates in day to day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings etc.
English Comprehension : This sub-test aims to test the candidate’s ability to comprehend a situation from a given passage, and test of basic English language.
Analytical Ability : This sub – test is designed to test the candidate’s capacity for ability of inference and logic from the given information.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs : This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs. Creative Ability Test ( CAT ) : This test is administered to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills. General Ability Test ( GAT ) For Bachelor of Technology ( B.F.Tech. ), Master of Fashion Management ( M.F.M ), Master of Design ( M.Des. ) and Master of Fashion Technology ( M.F.Tech. ).
This test will comprise of various sections as given below
|Language of Written Test||English||English||English|
|Test Duration ( MIN )||180||180||180|
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||45||45||50|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25||25||25|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25||25||25|
To know more about NIFT Exam Details Click Here
NIFT 2017 Application Form
Submission of NIFT 2017 Application Form
Candidates can apply online at www.nift.ac.in or https://applyadmission.net/nift2017
Guidelines for applying online may be referred for the purpose. The Prospectus is available at NIFT website www.nift.ac.in free of cost. The Application Fee has to be paid through online payment gateway or through Bank Demand Draft issued in favour of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi.
- Fee for General / OBC ( Non – Creamy ) Category : 1500/- through payment gateway or Demand Draft.
- Fee for SC / ST / PHP Category : 750/- through payment gateway or Demand Draft.
NIFT 2017 Mode of Payment : Credit Cards / Debit Cards & Demand Draft.
Credit Cards / Debit Cards :
Payments of application fee ( 1500/- or 750/- ) can be made through credit cards / debit cards as explained above. The Bank and transaction charges on the application fee will be borne by the applicant. Candidates are advised to apply on time.
Payment of application fee ( 1500/- in case of GEN / OBC ( Non – Creamy ) candidates and 750/- in case of SC / ST / PHP candidates ) can be made through Bank Demand Draft as explained above.
The Demand Draft should be issued in favour of “NIFT HO”, payable at New Delhi. The details of the Demand Draft are to be filled in the online application form.
Candidates are advised to check the following details carefully before sending the Demand Draft.
- DD made in favour of “NIFT HO” ,
- Amount of Demand Draft as applicable i.e. 1500/- in case of GEN / OBC ( Non – Creamy ) candidates and 750/- in case of SC / ST / PHP candidates.
- Name, Date, Amount & Signature of the issuing authority on the Demand Draft.
Candidates applying through Demand Draft are required to send the printout of the Application Form, duly completed in all respect, along with Demand Draft on the following address :
Project Manager – CMS,
All India Management Association,
14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003.
The duly filled form should reach the above address on time. Incomplete forms or forms received late will not be accepted. The Institute does not take any responsibility for delay or loss of forms or correspondence in postal transit or by courier. Candidates are advised to keep the copy of printout and Demand Draft for future reference.
Applicants are advised to keep a print out / photocopy of Application Form for further reference along with proof of payment.
NIFT 2017 Admit Cards
NIFT Entrance Exam 2017 Admit Card Download this website : www.nift.ac.in
On the basis of information given in the NIFT Application Forms, Admit Cards of provisionally eligible candidates will be available for download from www.nift.ac.in or https://applyadmission.net/NIFT2017 from 21st January, 2017 onwards. Admit cards will not be sent by post.
To know more about NIFT Application Form Click Here
NIFT 2017 Exam Centres
List of Test Centres for NIFT 2017 Paper Based Test
A Paper Based Test ( PBT ) for all UG and PG Programs will be conducted on 12th February, 2017 at 32 cities.
The candidate may select only ONE city for the examination on 12th February, 2017. No request for change in examination center will be entertained at any stage.
|1||Ahmedabad||17||Kannur ( Kerala )|
|16||Kangra||32||Srinagar ( J & K )|
To know more about NIFT Exam Centres Click Here
NIFT Entrance Exam Study Centres 2017
|S. No.||Addresses of NIFT Campuses|
|1||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Hauz Khas, Near Gulmohar Park,
New Delhi – 110016.
Contact Person : Prof. Dr. Vandana Narang,
Cont No : 011 – 26542149 & 26542159,
Fax : 011 – 26542151.
E-mail : email@example.com
|2||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
No. 21st, 16th Cross Street,
27th Main Road, Sector 1,
HSR ( Hosur Sarjapura Road ) Layout,
Bengaluru – 560 102 ( Karnataka ).
Contact Person : Prof. V. Sivalingam,
Contact No : 080 – 22552550 / 51 / 52,
Fax : 080 – 22552566.
E- mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|3||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
NIFT Campus, MP Bhoj ( Open ) University Campus,
Kolar Road, Bhopal – 462 016 ( Madhya Pradesh ).
Contact Person : Mr.U.S.Tolia,
Contact No : 0755 2493736 / 636,
Fax : 0755 2493635.
E- mail : email@example.com
|4||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
NIFT Campus, IDCO Plot No. 24,
Opposite KIIT School Of Management,
Chandaka Industrial Estate,
Bhubaneswar – 751024 ( Odisha ).
Contact Person : Prof. Monika Aggarwal,
Contact No : 0674 – 2305700, 230570,
Fax : 0674 – 2305710.
E- mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|5||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
NIFT Campus, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Taramani, Chennai-600 113 ( Tamil Nadu ).
Contact Person: Prof. Dr. Anitha Manohar,
Contact No : 044 – 22542759,
Fax : 044 – 22542769.
E- mail : email@example.com
|6||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
NIFT Campus,GH – O Road,
Near Info City Gandhinagar -382 007 ( Gujarat ).
Contact Person : Mr. Arindam Das,
Contact No : 079 – 23265000, 23240832, 23240834,
Fax : 079 – 23240772.
E- mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|7||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
NIFT Campus, Opp. Hi – Tech City,
Cyberabad Post, Madhapur,
Hyderabad – 500 081 ( Telangana ).
Contact Person : Dr.N. J.Rajaram,
Contact No : 040 – 23110841 / 42 / 43 / 23110630,
Fax : 040 – 23114536.
E- mail : email@example.com
|8||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
NIFT Campus, Karwar,
Jodhpur – 342 037 ( Rajasthan ).
Contact Person: Dr.Vijaya Deshmukh,
Contact No : 0291 – 2659558, 2659556,
Fax : 0291 – 2659556.
E- mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|9||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
NIFT Campus, Plot No.3 B,
Block – LA, Sector – III, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata – 700 098 ( West Bengal ).
Contact Person : Prof. Binwant Kaur,
Contact No : 033 – 23357332,
Fax : 033 – 23355734,
E- mail : email@example.com
|10||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
NIFT Campus, Dharmsala,
Mangattuparamba Kannur – 670 562 ( Kerala ).
Contact Person : Mr.R.S.Jaideep,
Contact No : 0497 – 2784780 / 84, 2784786,
Fax : 0497 – 2784785,
E- mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|11||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
NIFT Campus, Chheb,
Kangra – 176 001 ( Himachal Pradesh ).
Contact Person: Prof. S. K. Bala Siddhartha,
Contact No : 01892 – 263872, 260874,
Fax : 01892 – 260872.
E- mail : email@example.com
|12||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
NIFT Campus, Plot No. 15,
Sector – 4, Kharghar,
Navi Mumbai- 410 210 ( Maharashtra ).
Contact Person : Ms. Nilima Rani Singh,
Contact No : 022 -27745549, 27747000, 27747100,
Fax : 022- 27745386.
E- mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|13||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
NIFT Campus, Mithapur Farms,
Patna – 800001 ( Bihar ).
Contact Person : Prof. Sanjay Shrivastava,
Contact No : 0612 – 2340032, 2366833 / 4,
Fax : 0612 – 2366835.
E- mail : email@example.com
|14||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Sector – II, Raebareli – 229 010 ( Uttar Pradesh ).
Contact Person : Dr.Bharat Sah,
Contact No : 0535 – 2702422 / 31,
Fax : 0535 – 2702423.
E- mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|15||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Science,
Old Neigrighms Campus ‘C’ Block,
Pasteur Hills Lawmali,
Polo Shillong-793 001 ( Meghalaya ).
Contact Person : Ms.R.R. Marak,
Contact No : 0364 – 2590240 / 2591492,
Fax : 0364 – 2590676.
E- mail : email@example.com
|16||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
NIFT Campus, SIDCO,
Electronic Complex, Rangreth,
Srinagar-191132 ( Jammu & Kashmir ).
Contact Person : Prof. Dr. Vandana Narang,
Campus Director ( I / c ),
Cont No : 011 – 26542149 & 26542159,
Fax : 011 – 26542151.
E- mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about NIFT Study Centres Click Here
NIFT 2017 Reservation of Seats
The seats reserved for SC / ST / Differently Abled Candidates ( PHP ) / Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI, in each program are as under
|OBC ( Non – Creamy )||27%|
|Differently Abled Person ( PHP )||3% Horizontal reservation for Differently Abled Person ( with 40% or more disability ) cutting across all sections i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs Non-Creamy and General category. Campus and programme will be allotted on rotation, at NIFT’s discretion.|
|Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI||15% ( Supernumerary )|
|State Domiciles||20% ( Supernumerary )|
Category once filled up in the application form will not be changed at any stage.
The qualifying candidates need to meet the eligibility and admission requirements of NIFT.
Requirements of Each Category are as Follows :
NIFT 2017 SC / ST Candidates Seats
Candidates applying under this reserved quota will have to produce a Caste / Tribe certificate from the Competent Authorities of the respective States / Union Territories / National Commission of Tribes.
NIFT 2017 OBC ( Non – Creamy ) Candidates Seats
Candidates applying under this quota would have to substantiate the caste and creamy layer requirement. Candidates applying under this quota shall produce a caste certificate from the Competent Authority certifying that they belong to the non – creamy layer. The certificate should be in favour of the candidate, issued not earlier than 01st September, 2016. Failure to produce an appropriate certificate from a competent authority shall make the candidate ineligible for counselling, and the applicants will not be offered admission. Requests for provisional admisssion will not be entertained.
To summarize :
- The candidate should possess an OBC certificate issued in the name of the candidate and not in favour of respective parents / guardian.
- The caste mentioned in the OBC certificate should find mention in the Central list of OBCs available at http://ncbc.nic.in/backward-classes/index.html
- The OBC certificate should not be more than a year old and should clearly mention that the candidate belongs to the non – creamy layer.
- The certificate must be issued by the Competent Authority.
- In case of married women applying to any course under reserved category, she has to produce the caste certificate in her own name. Certificate in the name of husband / mother/ father is not acceptable.
NIFT 2017 Differently Abled PHP Candidates Seats
Medical Certificate issuing Authority for Physically Handicapped Candidates ( PHP )
At the time of submission of application, Physically Handicapped candidates shall be required to necessarily attach a copy of Disability Certificate issued in Form II, Form III or Form IV as defined in sub – clause ( t ) of section 2 by a Medical Authority as defined under section – 4 of Rules framed by Central / State Government in exercise of the powers conferred by sub – sections ( 1 ) and ( 2 ) of section 73 of the Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995 ( 1 of 1996 ). Such candidates are required to produce the original Medical Certificate both at the time of Counselling and at the time for Admission to the Institute.
It is mandatory for the Differently Abled candidates to attend the Counselling for evaluation. The course will be allotted to the candidates after assessing the capabilities of the candidates. NIFT may consider applications from PHP students for providing external assistance during assessments, with the condition that the expenses for the same will be borne fully by the student / applicant. It is however recommended that the student / applicant arrange his / her own external assistant for this purpose as this will ensure a better fit for individual needs.
NIFT will assess the actual physical / psychological capability of a candidate selected for counselling of a particular program / course as per the specific requirements of that particular Program / course by a Board constituted at each campus by the Campus Director. The three members Board will consist of a Medical Officer / Psychologist, a Faculty from the concerned department ( Design / Technology / Management ) and an Administrative Officer. Candidates are advised to come prepared for such assessments at the time of counseling. NIFT may utilize its laboratories / equipment / test materials for making such assessment of the physical / psychological capability of a candidate for undertaking that Program / course and may tailor such test for each individual separately as decided by the Board. The assessment is compulsory for all candidates seeking
reservation under this category.
The Board in its proceedings will recommend whether the candidate is capable or incapable for undertaking the particular program / course applied
for. A copy of such order will also be communicated to the candidate in writing under acknowledgement informing him that he can make an appeal against the order, in which case the appeal will be referred to another Standing Board at Head Office ( HO ) whose recommendation will be final and no further representation will be accepted. NIFT reserves the right to disqualify the candidature in case of inability of the candidate for a particular programme.
The table below indicates the type 50 of assessment that may be conducted by a Board of NIFT for various categories of disability and programs :
|Program||Criteria / Method||Suitability / Capability|
|Design||Drawing / Sketching / making models / colour sense / operating machines / computer keyboard manually / mobility||Visual Clarity||Minor Speech Disability||Minor Hearing Disabilit||No major locomotor disability in hand, legs, face & neck||Sound Mental Health|
|Technology||Operating Computer keyboard / operation of machines manually / mobility||Minor Visual Disabilit||Minor Speech Disability||Minor Hearing Disability||No major locomotor disability in hand, legs, face & neck||Sound Mental Health|
|Fashion Management||Operating computer keyboard manually / mobility||Minor Visual Disability||Minor Speech Disability||Minor Hearing Disability||No major locomotor disability in hand, legs, face & neck||Sound Mental Health|
Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI
Fifteen percent ( 15% ) of total seats i.e.5 seats in each program at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar and Raebareli are reserved for admission of Foreign Nationals ( whether residing in India or abroad ) and Non Resident Indian, who are citizens of India holding an Indian passport and have temporarily immigrated to another country for six months or more for work, residence or any other purpose.
The admission to NIFT programs for foreign nationals / NRI candidates will be based on the following examinations
|Bachelor Program ( B.Des & B.F.Tech )||SAT – 1 Score|
|Master Program ( MFM )||GMAT Score|
|Master Program ( M.Des & M.F Tech )||GRE Score|
Campus / Program will be allotted on the basis of merit list drawn as per the scores obtained by the candidates. Candidate may appear in as many as SAT-1 / GMAT / GRE examination prior to 30th April, 2017. The highest score among the test will be taken into consideration for allotment of seat.
Procedure for Applying Under Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI Category
Those seeking admission under this category have to apply online at website www.nift.ac.in or https://applyadmission.net/NIFTNRI2017. The last date for applying under this category is 30th April, 2017.
Candidates applying for Bachelor Programs of NIFT should arrange to send SAT-1 scores directly from College Board, USA, to NIFT H.O. New Delhi.
SAT-I scores have to be submitted through College Board to NIFT. The Designated Institution ( DI ) Code is 7258.
The Campus and Program will be allotted to the candidates based on SAT-I / GMAT / GRE score as well as the preference of the candidate.
Candidates at the time of registration for SAT-1 should indicate DI code : 7258 for sending their scores to NIFT Head Office, New Delhi.
Candidates applying for Master Programs i.e. Master of Fashion Management ( MFM ), should arrange to send GMAT test scores while those applying for Master of Design ( M.Des. ) and Master of Fashion Technology ( M.FTech. ) should arrange to send GRE test scores directly to NIFT H.O. Delhi. The GRE / GMAT / SAT-I scores should not have been declared before 1st January, 2014 and should be received by the Institute latest by 30th April, 2017. The applicants must designate NIFT Programs as choice in the GRE / GMAT / SAT-I.
Candidates seeking admission under this category should apply in the prescribed Application Form online.
Academic Eligibility : All candidates must satisfy the required academic qualifications. In case Degree / certificate has been obtained from some University / Board of any other country then an equivalence certificate must be obtained from Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ) New Delhi ( website: www.aiuweb.org ) prior to admission.
The medium of instruction in NIFT is English and all aspirants applying to NIFT must possess working knowledge of English language.
Any NRI seat remaining vacant will lapse and not be converted to any other category. However, the remaining seats will be offered to the children / wards of NRI as per merit during counselling. NIFT may re – allot seats among the programs to meet the demand of the candidates, within the overall limit as prescribed for this category.
Special NRI Test All the candidates having Common Merit Rank ( CMR ) and falling under the category “Children / Wards of NRI” will be given an opportunity to opt for NRI seat subject to fulfilling the criteria, submission of necessary documents and fee during regular counselling. If however, NRI seats remain vacant, these seats will be offered again for admission through a special NRI test. Candidates having CMR and the candidate who could not be shortlisted for Situation Test / GD & PI, as well as, fresh/new aspirants would be eligible for admission as per their choice subject to fulfilling necessary academic and documentary requirements. The test / interview will be conducted at New Delhi.
Registration for all the applicants would be mandatory. However, the candidates having CMR shall be exempted from the test. Also, the candidates who could not be shortlisted for Situation Test and GD & PI will have to appear only for the Interview. New candidates have to appear for both Written Entrance Examination and Interview. While drawing up the merit list the candidates with CMR will be assigned top position as per CMR. Candidates who appeared only in interview will be placed next in line and the new candidates would be placed thereafter. Based on these parameters, a final consolidated merit list would be declared. Seats shall be allotted strictly as per merit.
NIFT 2017 Fee Payment
The candidates who fulfill the admission criteria specified above may apply online with requisite application fee of US$100 through the Online NIFT Payment gateway.
The candidates selected under this category shall pay the fee at the time of admission for the first academic year consisting of two semesters. They would also need to obtain a valid residential permit or student visa for the prescribed duration of the program.
NIFT 2017 Hostel Accommodation and Other Expenses
Hostel fee and other expenses, indicated in Admission Prospectus may vary from one NIFT Campus to another. The hostel fee is required to be paid by the candidate directly to the Campus at the time of admission / joining. Candidates are advised to visit the website or contact the concerned authorities of the NIFT Campuses for detailed information regarding hostel accommodation and related expenses.
NIFT 2017 State Domicile Preferential Seats
Twenty percent ( 20% ), i.e 06 supernumerary seats in addition to 30 seats will be offered for admission as State Domicile Preferential Seats to candidate who belong to the States where the following NIFT campuses are located.
|8||Srinagar*||Jammu & Kashmir*|
The state in which the candidate has completed his / her class 12th examination / graduation / qualifying degree is the domicile of the student. A certificate from the school / college may be obtained. In case the candidate obtained the qualifying certificate / degree through Distance Learning mode, the address of the school attended by the candidate regularly will determine his / her domicile status.
Candidates who are domicile of the states where the NIFT Campuses exist will be allowed to opt for this preference while filling online application form. However, they will have a choice to take admission under General / ST / SC / OBC category ( as applicable ) as per merit to any course / campus of their choice. The domicile of the candidate in a particular state shall not be applicable in any other Campuses of NIFT in any other State.
Reservation of SCs / STs / OBCs ( non creamy layer ) / Physically Handicapped candidates, shall be applicable for the domicile seats also.
The Domicile seats remaining vacant will be offered to the children / wards of NRI as per merit during counseling, subject to non – availability of candidates under that category.
To know more about NIFT Reservation of Seats Click Here
NIFT 2017 Results
NIFT 2017 Exam Date
NIFT Entrance Examination will be conducted on 12th February, 2017.
NIFT 2017 Result Date
NIFT Result 2017 : NIFT Results will be declared on End of May / June, 2017.
Please keep watching this page, to check your NIFT Results 2017…
To know more about NIFT Results Click Here
NIFT 2017 Counselling
- The details of counselling viz. the mode, dates and procedure will be available on the website in the month of April / May, 2017. Candidates are advised to regularly check the NIFT website for further information.
- The following documents along with the photocopies shall be required for Admission after qualifying the entrance examination. The original certificates, except the medical certificate, will be returned to the candidate after verification.
- Original certificates of qualifying examination i.e. 12th class / degree ( marks Sheet and Certificate ).In case of admission to PG courses, the candidates will also be required to bring the original certificate ( Mark Sheet and Certificate ) of the qualifying degree examination. In case the candidate has appeared in final semester / final year ( as applicable ) then he / she will have to bring the original mark sheet of all the previous semester / years. Along with photocopies, candidates are also advised to bring scanned copies of the original certificates on a CD or pen drive for uploading on NIFT server during counselling.
- In case the candidate has appeared for qualifying exam / compartment ( of final year / semester ) and the result is due, the date sheet / admit card for examination has to be brought.
- Bank Draft(s) of requisite fee in favour of “NIFT HO” has to be bought. The name of the candidate, date of counselling, phone / mobile no., name of the program, Category, Rank and Roll Number are to be mentioned at the back of Bank Draft(s).
- Proof of date of birth ( Secondary School Mark Sheet & Certificate ) ( Original and Photocopy ).
- SC / ST / OBC – Non – Creamy / Physically Handicapped ( supported with requisite Certificate ). For State Domicile seats the status of domicile will be decided by the address of school / college ( qualifying degree ) last attended, whichever applicable.
- Basis of funding of the tuition fee / certificate of the parents income e.g Income Tax Return of 2016 – 17, Salary Certificate of March, 2017 etc.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness to be signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format in original.
- Affidavit on non – judicial stamp paper of 10/- for seeking provisional admission only in case, the result of qualifying examination is yet to be declared.
- An undertaking regarding Anti Ragging.
- An undertaking regarding refund of fee.
In case any of the above document(s) is / are in any language other than Hindi / English, then as the authentic translation in English / Hindi should be produced duly verified by the issuing institution / gazetted officer / Self attested ( original and photocopy ) by the candidate at the time of Counselling / Admission. Failure on the part of candidate to produce the requisite authentic translation may result in refusal of admission.
To know more about NIFT Counselling Details Click Here
NIFT 2017 UG & PG Programs in Design ( NIFT Courses )
The National Institute of Fashion Technology offers the following program for the academic year 2017.
- Bachelor Programs ( B.Des ) – Design
- Bachelor Programs ( B.FTech ) Technology
- Master Programs ( M.Des ) – Design Space
- Master Programs ( M.F.M ) – Management
- Master Programs ( M.FTech ) Technology
NIFT Important Dates 2017
|1||Online Application||02nd November, 2016 to 10th January, 2017|
|2||Last Date for submission||10th January, 2017|
|3||Last date for online registration with late fee of 5000/- ( in addition to the applicable application fee ) through Credit / Debit Card only. In case of Demand Draft, the print out of application alongwith Demand Draft should reach the given address before 16th January, 2017||16th January, 2017|
|4||Written Entrance Examination for all UG & PG Programmes||12th February, 2017|
|5||Situation Test / Group Discussion / Interview||April – May, 2017|
|6||Admit Card ( Online only )||21st January, 2017 ( 1300 Hrs )|
|7||Declaration of Final Result ( Online )||End of May / June, 2017|
|8||Counselling||June, 2017 onwards|
To know more about NIFT Question Papers Click Here
NIFT Head Office,
Hauz Khas, Near Gulmohar Park,
New Delhi – 110 016.
Telephone No. : +91-11-26542000,
Fax : +91-11-26535890,
E-mail : email@example.com,
Website : www.nift.ac.in.