NIFT Entrance Exam 2018
NIFT or National Institute for Fashion Technology is a very famous college in India for Fashion designing and various courses related to apparel manufacturing and other technologies and techniques. Aspiring candidates interested in pursuing a career in the field of Fashion can apply for the various courses offered by the National Institute of Fashion Technology.
National Institute of Fashion Technology invites application form for NIFT Entrance Exam 2018 for admission to the Bachelor & Master Degree Program in Design Management & Technology at NIFT Institutes.
NIFT 2018 UG & PG Programs in Design ( NIFT Courses )
The National Institute of Fashion Technology offers the following program for the academic year 2018.
- Bachelor Programs ( B.Des ) – Design – 4 years
- Bachelor Programs ( B.FTech ) Technology – 4 years
- Master Programs ( M.Des ) – Design Space – 2 years
- Master Programs ( M.F.M ) – Management – 2 years
- Master Programs ( M.FTech ) Technology – 2 years
To know more about NIFT UG & PG Programs Click Here
NIFT 2018 Eligibility
For Bachelor Programmes
Maximum Age : 23 years as on 1st October, 2017. The upper age limit will be relaxed by a period of 5 ( five ) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe / Differently Abled Person ( PHP ) subject to following qualifications :
NIFT 2018 Eligibility for Bachelor Programs – Design – B.Des.
( Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication )
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central / State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. or
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) Examination ( London / Cambridge / Sri – Lanka ) at the Advanced (A) level / International Baccalaureate ( IB ). or
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system. or
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects. or
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
NIFT 2018 Eligibility for Bachelor Program – Technology
Bachelor of Fashion Technology ( Apparel Production ) ( B.F Tech. )
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. or
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) Examination ( London / Cambridge / Sri – Lanka ) at the advanced ( A ) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate ( IB ). or
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. or
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. or
- 3 or 4 years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
For Master Programs : Age – No age limit
NIFT 2018 Eligibility for Master Program – Design
M.Des ( Master of Design )
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institute / University recognized by law in India or
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Note : Master of Design ( M.Des. ) is an advanced course that demands an understanding of fundamentals in design and presupposes that candidates would be familiar with the basic skills and theories for successful completion of the programme. The course would not provide any basic knowledge and skill development in design as a part of its Master programme.
NIFT 2018 Eligibility for Master Program – Management
M.F.M ( Master of Fashion Management )
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India. or
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
NIFT 2018 Eligibility for Master Program – Technology
M.F.Tech. ( Master of Fashion Technology )
- B.F.Tech. from NIFT or
- B.E. / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
Important Note :
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply provided :
That they produce a proof of having acquired minimum prescribed qualifications at the time of counselling / admission. or
If the 12th class / final year / final semester ( as the case may be ) result of qualifying degree / certificate examination is not declared by the concerned Board / University till the date of counselling / admission, his / her admission in that case will be strictly provisional subject to the following conditions :
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of 10/- in the prescribed Proforma is submitted. In case the candidate is minor i.e. below 18 years of age, the affidavit shall be signed by his / her parent / guardian. Candidates / parent / guardians may note that submission of false affidavit is a punishable offence;
- The candidate will submit the final result of qualifying degree / certificate providing his / her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2018 to their Campus Director / Jt. Director where the admission has been granted.
- In case the candidate fails to submit his / her final result of qualifying degree in the manner as prescribed at ( ii ) above to prove his / her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2018, whatsoever the reason may be his / her admission will be treated as null and void ( cancelled ) and entire fee will be forfeited. Any exception will be as per the decision of DG-NIFT, on a case to case basis.
- The Campus Director / Jt. Director will be responsible to ensure that the eligibility of all students meet prescribed qualification for admission specially in case of provisional students. The provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled if the candidate fails to submit result in time i.e. 30th September, 2018.
- Those candidates who are seeking provisional admission due to non-declaration of their final year / final semester / 12th class will provide proof of having passed all papers in all the previous years / semesters of qualifying degree examination ( whichever relevant ).
- The candidates will also bring the date sheet / admit card / Principal’s certificate as proof of having appeared in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates who have appeared for compartment / Supplementary examination( s ) in the 12th standard or final semester / final year of graduation and the result of the same is not declared by the time of counseling / admission, such candidates will be considered for admission as per para 1 ( b ) ( ii ) above, for the academic session 2018-19.
Any candidate who has not appeared for the qualifying exam before the date of counselling / admission to NIFT, will not be eligible.
It is further clarified that provisional admission will be considered only in such cases where the result of Final year / semester of the qualifying degree has not been declared by the concerned Board / University in its totality. In case the result has been declared by the concerned Board / University but it has not been declared in a specific case, for any reason, such cases will NOT be considered under provisional admission category.
To know more about NIFT Eligibility Click Here
NIFT Exam Pattern 2018
General Ability Test ( GAT ) For Bachelor of Design ( B.Des. ) and Master of Design ( M.Des. ) :
This test will comprise of various sections as given below :
- Quantitative Ability
- Communication Ability
- English Comprehension
- Analytical Ability
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
The number of questions may vary in each section year to year.
NIFT Test Structure 2018
|Language of Written Test||English||English|
|Test Duration ( MIN )||120||120|
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||15||15|
Quantitative Ability : This sub – test is designed to test the quantitative ability of the candidates. The sub – test may include questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
Communication Ability :This sub-test is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates in day to day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings etc.
English Comprehension : This sub-test aims to test the candidate’s ability to comprehend a situation from a given passage, and test of basic English language.
Analytical Ability : This sub – test is designed to test the candidate’s capacity for ability of inference and logic from the given information.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs : This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
Creative Ability Test ( CAT )
This test is administered to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills.
General Ability Test ( GAT )
For Bachelor of Technology ( B.F.Tech. ), Master of Fashion Management ( M.F.M ), Master of Design ( M.Des. ) and Master of Fashion Technology ( M.F.Tech. ).
This test will comprise of various sections as given below :
- Quantitative Ability
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension
- Analytical and Logical Ability
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Case Study
|Language of Written Test||English||English||English|
|Test Duration ( MIN )||180||180||180|
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||45||45||50|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25||25||25|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25||25||25|
To know more about NIFT Exam Pattern Click Here
NIFT 2018 Reservation of Seats
The seats reserved for SC / ST / Differently Abled Candidates ( PHP ) / Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI, in each program are as under
|OBC ( Non - Creamy )||27%|
|Person With Disability ( PWD )||5% Horizontal reservation for Person With Disability ( PWD )
( with 40% or more disability ) cutting across all sections
i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs Non-Creamy and General category.
Campus and programme will be allotted on rotation,
at NIFT’s discretion
|Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI||15% ( Supernumerary )|
|State Domiciles||20% ( Supernumerary )|
The qualifying candidates need to meet the eligibility and admission requirements of NIFT.
Requirements of Each Category are as Follows :
NIFT 2018 SC / ST Candidates Seats
Candidates applying under this reserved quota will have to produce a Caste / Tribe certificate from the Competent Authorities of the respective States / Union Territories / National Commission of Tribes.
NIFT 2018 OBC ( Non – Creamy ) Candidates Seats
Candidates applying under this quota would have to substantiate the caste and creamy layer requirement. Candidates applying under this quota shall produce a caste certificate from the Competent Authority certifying that they belong to the non – creamy layer. The certificate should be in favour of the candidate, issued not earlier than 1st September, 2017. Failure to produce an appropriate certificate from a competent authority shall make the candidate ineligible for counselling, and the applicants will not be offered admission. Requests for provisional admisssion will not be entertained.
To summarize :
- The candidate should possess an OBC certificate issued in the name of the candidate and not in favour of respective parents / guardian.
- The caste mentioned in the OBC certificate should find mention in the Central list of OBCs available at http://ncbc.nic.in/backward-classes/index.html
- The OBC certificate should not be more than a year old and should clearly mention that the candidate belongs to the non – creamy layer.
- The certificate must be issued by the Competent Authority.
- In case of married women applying to any course under reserved category, she has to produce the caste certificate in her own name. Certificate in the name of husband / mother/ father is not acceptable.
NIFT 2018 Person with Disability ( PWD )
Candidates applying under this category should have Certificate of Disability issued as per sub-section (2)(a) of section 58 of The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016(49 of 2016) in Form V, Form VI or Form VII as per rule 18(1) of the notification vide number G.S.R. 591(E)dated 15th June, 2017.
The certificate should be issued by a medical authority designated under sub-section (1) of section 57 of the act and rules 17 (a) and
(b) of G.S.R. 591(E).
Such candidates are required to produce the original Certificate of Disability both at the time of Counselling and at the time for Admission to the Institute.
It is mandatory for the Person with Disability to attend the Counselling for evaluation. The course will be allotted to the candidates after assessing the capabilities of the candidates. NIFT may consider applications from PWD students for providing external assistance during assessments, with the condition that the expenses for the same will be borne fully by the student / applicant.
It is however recommended that the student / applicant arrange his / her own external assistant for this purpose as this will ensure a better fit for individual needs. NIFT will assess the actual physical / psychological capability of a candidate selected for counselling of a particular programme / course as per the specific requirements of that particular Programme / course by a Board constituted at each campus by the Campus Director.
The three members Board will consist of a Medical Officer/Psychologist, a Faculty from the concerned department ( Design / Technology / Management ) and an Administrative Officer.Candidates are advised to come prepared for such assessments at the time of counseling.
NIFT may utilize its laboratories / equipment / test materials for making such assessment of the physical / psychological capability of a candidate for undertaking that Programme / course and may tailor such test for each individual separately as decided by the Board.
The assessment is compulsory for all candidates seeking reservation under this category.
The Board in its proceedings will recommend whether the candidate is capable or incapable for undertaking the particular programme / course applied for.
A copy of such order will also be communicated to the candidate in writing under acknowledgement informing him that he can make an appeal against the order, in which case the appeal will be referred to the Standing Board at Head Office ( HO ) whose recommendation will be final and no further representation will be accepted.
NIFT reserves the right to disqualify the candidature in case of inability of the candidate for a particular programme.
icates the type of assessment that may be conducted by a Board of NIFT for various categories of disability and programmes to find if the Student is able to access mainstream curriculum :
|Program||Criteria / Method||Suitability / Capability|
|Design||Drawing / Sketching / making models / Colour sense / Operating Machines / Computer Keyboard manually / mobility||Visual Clarity||Minor Speech Disability||Minor Hearing Disabilit||No major locomotor disability in hand, legs, face & neck||Able to select, organize and integrate visual and verbal information into a drawing or model with aesthetics|
|Technology||Operating Machines manually / Computer Keyboard manually / mobility||Minor |
|Minor Hearing Disability||No major locomotor disability in hands, legs, face & neck|
|Fashion Management||Operating Computer Keyboard manually||Minor |
|Minor Hearing disability||No major locomotor disability in hands, legs, face & neck|
Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI
Fifteen percent ( 15% ) of total seats i.e. 5 seats in each programme at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Raebareli and Srinagar are reserved for admission of Foreign Nationals ( whether residing in India or abroad ) and Non Resident Indian, who are citizens of India holding an Indian passport and have temporarily immigrated to another country for six months or more for work, residence
or any other purpose.
The admission to NIFT programmes for foreign nationals / NRI candidates will be based on the following examinations :
|Bachelor Program ( B.Des & B.F.Tech )||SAT Score|
|Master Program ( MFM )||GMAT Score|
|Master Program ( M.Des & M.F Tech )||GRE Score|
Campus / Programme will be allotted on the basis of merit list drawn as per the scores obtained by the candidates. Candidate may appear in as many as SAT / GMAT / GRE examination prior to 30th April, 2018. The highest score among the test will be taken into consideration for allotment of seat.
Procedure for Applying Under Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI Category
Those seeking admission under this category have to apply online at website www.nift.ac.in or https://applyadmission.net/ NIFTNRI2018 . The last date for applying under this category is 30th April, 2018.
Candidates applying for Bachelor Programmes of NIFT should arrange to send SAT scores directly from College Board, USA, to NIFT H.O. New Delhi. SAT scores have to be submitted through College Board to NIFT before 30th April, 2018. The Designated Institution (DI) Code is 7258.
The Campus and Programme will be allotted to the candidates based on SAT / GMAT / GRE score as well as the preference of the candidate.
Candidates at the time of registration for SAT should indicate DI code : 7258 for sending their scores to NIFT Head Office, New Delhi.
Candidates applying for Master Programmes i.e. Master of Fashion Management ( MFM ), should arrange to send GMAT test scores while those applying for Master of Design ( M.Des. ) and Master of Fashion Technology ( M.FTech. ) should arrange to send GRE test scores directly to NIFT H.O. Delhi. The GRE / GMAT / SAT scores should not have been declared before 1st January, 2016 and should be received by the Institute latest by 30th April, 2018. The candidates must designate NIFT Programmes as choice in the GRE / GMAT / SAT.
Candidates seeking admission under this category should apply in the prescribed Application Form online.
All candidates must satisfy the required academic qualifications. In case Degree / certificate has been obtained from some University / Board of any other country then an equivalence certificate must be obtained from Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ) New Delhi ( website : www.aiuweb.org ) prior to admission.
The medium of instruction in NIFT is English and all aspirants applying to NIFT must possess working knowledge of English language.
NIFT 2018 Fee Payment
The candidates who fulfill the admission criteria specified above may apply online with requisite application fee of US$100 through the Online NIFT Payment gateway.
Once selected under this category, candidates shall pay the fee at the time of admission for the first academic year consisting of two semesters. They would also need to obtain a valid residential permit or student visa for the prescribed duration of the programme.
NIFT 2018 State Domicile Preferential Seats
Twenty percent ( 20% ), i.e 06 supernumerary seats in addition to 30 seats will be offered for admission as State Domicile Preferential Seats to candidate who belong to the States where the following NIFT campuses are located.
|8||Srinagar*||Jammu & Kashmir*|
*Thirty Five percent ( 35% ), seats within 30 seats will be offered for admission as State Domicile Preferential Seats to the domicile candidates of Jammu and Kashmir ( J & K ).
The state in which the candidate has completed his / her class 12th examination / graduation / qualifying degree is the domicile of the student. A certificate from the school / college may be obtained. In case the candidate obtained the qualifying certificate / degree through Distance Learning mode, the address of the school attended by the candidate regularly will determine his / her domicile status.
Candidates who are domicile of the states where the NIFT Campuses exist will be allowed to opt for this preference while filling online application form. However, they will have a choice to take admission under General / ST / SC / OBC category ( as applicable ) as per merit to any course / campus of their choice. The domicile of the candidate in a particular state shall not be applicable in any other Campuses of NIFT in any other State.
Reservation of SCs / STs / OBCs ( non creamy layer ) / Physically Handicapped candidates, shall be applicable for the domicile seats also.
To know more about NIFT Reservation of Seats Click Here
NIFT 2018 Application Form
Submission of NIFT 2018 Application Form
Candidates can apply online at www.nift.ac.in.
Guidelines for applying online may be referred for the purpose. The Prospectus is available at NIFT website www.nift.ac.in free of cost. The Application Fee has to be paid through online payment gateway or through Bank Demand Draft issued in favour of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi.
- Non-Refundable Fee for General / OBC ( Non – Creamy ) Category : Rs. 1500/- through payment gateway or Demand Draft.
- Non-Refundable Fee for SC / ST / PWD Category : Rs. 750/- through payment gateway or Demand Draft.
NIFT 2018 Mode of Payment
Credit Cards / Debit Cards & Demand Draft.
Credit Cards / Debit Cards :
Payments of application fee ( 1500/- or 750/- ) can be made through credit cards / debit cards as explained above. The Bank and transaction charges on the application fee will be borne by the applicant. Candidates are advised to apply on time.
Payment of application fee ( 1500/- in case of GEN / OBC ( Non – Creamy ) candidates and 750/- in case of SC / ST / PHP candidates ) can be made through Bank Demand Draft as explained above.
The Demand Draft should be issued in favour of “NIFT HO”, payable at New Delhi. The details of the Demand Draft are to be filled in the online application form.
Candidates are advised to check the following details carefully before sending the Demand Draft.
- DD made in favour of “NIFT HO” ,
- Amount of Demand Draft as applicable i.e. 1500/- in case of GEN / OBC ( Non – Creamy ) candidates and 750/- in case of SC / ST / PHP candidates.
- Name, Date, Amount & Signature of the issuing authority on the Demand Draft.
Candidates applying through Demand Draft are required to send the printout of the Application Form, duly completed in all respect, along with Demand Draft on the following address :
Project Manager – CMS,
All India Management Association,
14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003.
The duly filled form should reach the above address on time. Incomplete forms or forms received late will not be accepted. The Institute does not take any responsibility for delay or loss of forms or correspondence in postal transit or by courier. Candidates are advised to keep the copy of printout and Demand Draft for future reference.
Applicants are advised to keep a print out / photocopy of Application Form for further reference along with proof of payment.
To know more about NIFT Application Form Click Here
NIFT 2018 Admit Cards
NIFT Entrance Exam 2018 Admit Card Download this website www.nift.ac.in.
n the basis of information given in the NIFT Application Forms, Admit Cards of provisionally eligible candidates will be available for download from www.nift.ac.in from 9th January, 2018 onwards. Admit cards will not be sent by post. Candidates are advised to regularly check NIFT website for updates.
NIFT 2018 Exam Centres
List of Test Centres for NIFT 2018 Paper Based Test
A Paper Based Test ( PBT ) for all UG and PG Programs will be conducted on 21st January, 2018 at 32 cities.
The candidate may select only ONE city for the examination on 21st January, 2018. No request for change in examination center will be entertained at any stage.
|1||Ahmedabad||17||Kannur ( Kerala )|
|16||Kangra||32||Srinagar ( J & K )|
Please note that NIFT reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres mentioned above. In such a case, an alternate centre, which is locationally and administratively convenient, will be allotted.
Candidates may e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for related queries.
To know more about NIFT Exam Centres Click Here
NIFT Entrance Exam 2018 Study Centres
|S.No.||Addresses of NIFT Campuses|
|1||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
No. 21st, 16th Cross Street
27th Main Road, Sector I
HSR ( Hosur Sarjapura Road ) Layout,
Bengaluru – 560 102 ( Karnataka )
Telephone No. : ( 080 ) 22552550 to 55
Fax : ( 080 ) 22552566
|2||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Near Gulmohar Park
New Delhi - 110016
Telephone No. : ( 011 ) 26867704, 26542148 / 49 / 59
Fax : ( 011 ) 26542151
|3||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Chheb, Kangra-176001 (HP)
Telephone No. : ( 01892 ) 263872
Fax : ( 01892 ) 260872
|4||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Patna - 800001 ( Bihar )
Telephone No. : ( 0612 ) 2340032, 2366833 / 4
Fax : ( 0612 ) 2366835
|5||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
M P Bhoj ( Open ) University Campus,
Bhopal- 462016 ( MP )
Telephone No. : ( 0755 ) 2493636/736
Fax : ( 0755 ) 2493635
|6||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
GH - O Road, Behind Info City,
Telephone No. : ( 079 ) 23265000, 23240832, 23240834
Fax : ( 079 ) 23240772
|7||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Kannur - 670 562 ( Kerala )
Telephone No. : ( 0497 ) 2784780-84 & 2784786
Fax : ( 0497 ) 2784785
|8||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Sector - II,
Raebareli - 229 010 ( UP )
Telephone No. : ( 0535 ) 2702422 / 31
Fax : ( 0535 ) 2702423 / 24 / 29
|9||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
IDCO Plot No-24
Opp. KIIT School of Mgmt.
Chandaka Industrial Estate,
Bhubaneswar – 751024, Odisha
Telephone No. : ( 0674 ) 2305700, 2305701
Fax : 0674 - 2305710
|10||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Opposite Hi-tech City,
Madhapur, Hyderabad-500 081
Telephone No. : ( 040 ) 23110841 / 42 / 43, 23110630.
Fax : ( 040 ) 23114536
|11||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Plot No. 3B, Block - LA,
SEC-III, SALT LAKE CITY,
Telephone No. : ( 033 ) 23358351, 23358872, 23357332
Fax : ( 033 ) 23358351, 23355734
|12||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Old NEIGRIHMS Campus
‘C’ Block, Pasteur Hills,
Shillong - 793 001, Meghalaya
Telephone No. : ( 0364 ) 2590240, 2591492
Fax : ( 0364 ) 2590676
|13||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Taramani,
Chennai – 600 113, Tamil Nadu
Telephone No. : ( 044 ) 22542759
Fax : ( 044 ) 22542769
|14||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Jodhpur - 342 037, Rajasthan, India
Telephone No. : ( 0291 ) - 2659558, 2659556
Fax : ( 0291 ) 2659556
|15||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
Plot no 15, Sector 4,Kharghar,
Navi Mumbai - 410210 (Maharashtra)
Telephone No. : ( 022 ) 27745549, 27747000, 27747100
Fax : ( 022 ) 27745386
|16||National Institute of Fashion Technology,
SIDCO, Electronic Complex,
Rangreth, Srinagar- 191132 ( J & K )
Telephone No. : 0914 2300116
To know more about NIFT Study Centres Click Here
NIFT 2018 Results
NIFT Exam Date
NIFT Entrance Examination will be conducted on 21st January, 2018.
NIFT Result Date
NIFT Results likely to be delcared in the month of February / March, 2018.
Please keep watching this page, to check your NIFT Results 2018…
To know more about NIFT Results Click Here
NIFT 2018 Counselling
The details of counselling viz. the mode, dates and procedure will be available on the website in the month of May / June, 2018. Candidates are advised to regularly check the NIFT website for further information.
The following documents along with the photocopies shall be required for Admission after qualifying the entrance examination. The original certificates, except the medical certificate, will be returned to the candidate after verification.
The original certificates, except the medical certificate, will be returned to the candidate after verification.
- Original certificates of qualifying examination i.e. 12th class / degree ( marks Sheet and Certificate ). In case of admission to PG courses, the candidates will also be required to bring the original certificate ( Mark Sheet and Certificate ) of the qualifying degree examination. In case the candidate has appeared in final semester/ final year ( as applicable ) then he / she will have to bring the original mark sheet of all the previous semester / years.
- In case the candidate has appeared for qualifying exam / compartment ( of final year / semester ) and the result is due, the date sheet / admit card for examination has to be brought.
- Bank Draft(s) of requisite fee in favour of “NIFT HO” has to be bought. The name of the candidate, date of counselling, phone / mobile no., name of the programme, Category, Rank and Roll Number are to be mentioned at the back of Bank Draft(s).
- Proof of date of birth ( Secondary School Mark Sheet & Certificate ) ( Original and Photocopy ).
- SC / ST / OBC – Non-Creamy / PWD ( supported with requisite Certificate ). For State Domicile seats the status of domicile will be decided by the address of school / college (qualifying degree) last attended, whichever applicable.
- Basis of funding of the tuition fee / certificate of the parents income e.g Income Tax Return of 2017 – 18, Salary Certificate of March’2018 etc.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness to be signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format in original.
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/- for seeking provisional admission only in case, the result of qualifying examination is yet to be declared.
- An undertaking regarding Anti-Ragging.
- An undertaking regarding refund of fee.
In case any of the above document(s) is / are in any language other than Hindi/ English, then as the authentic translation in English / Hindi should be produced duly verified by the issuing institution / gazetted officer / Self attested ( original and photocopy ) by the candidate at the time of Counselling / Admission. Failure on the part of candidate to produce the requisite authentic translation may result in refusal of admission.
Cancellation of Admission
- Only qualifying the entrance examination shall not, ipso facto, entitle a candidate for admission to a programme.
- If NIFT is not satisfied with character, past behavior or antecedents of a candidate, it can refuse to admit him / her to any course of study at any Campus or cancel the admission at a later stage.
- If at any stage it is found that a candidate has got admission in any Campus / Programme on the basis of false information, or by hiding relevant facts or if it is found that admission was given due to any mistake or oversight, the admission granted to such candidate shall be liable to be cancelled forthwith without any notice at any time during the course of his / her studies by the DG-NIFT and fee deposited by the candidate will be forfeited.
- If a candidate does not report to the allotted / re-allotted NIFT campus within 7 days of commencement of the session, the admission of the candidate will stand cancelled without any intimation and the tuition fee paid shall be forfeited.
- The Director General may cancel the admission of any student for specific reason or debar him / her for a certain period.
- It will be the sole responsibility of the candidate to make sure that they are eligible and fulfill all the conditions prescribed for admission. Before issue of admission receipt at the time of allotment of seats, candidates should ensure that he / she fulfills all eligibility criteria as laid down in Admission brochure. If it is found at any stage during the entire period of the programme that the candidate does not fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions, his/her admission will be cancelled and entire fee will be forfeited.
- The merit will be valid only for the programme/ category for which the candidate has appeared and cannot be utilized for admission to any other program / category. Further, the merit of the candidate shall be valid only for the academic session 2018-19.
Note : All admissions shall be completed on or before the last date decided by the Director General.
To know more about NIFT Counselling Details Click Here
NIFT Important Dates 2018
|1||Online Application||20th October, 2017|
|2||Last Date for submission||29th December, 2017|
|3||Last date for online registration with late fee of 5000/- |
( in addition to the applicable application fee ) through Credit /
Debit Card only. In case of Demand Draft, the print out of
application along with Demand Draft should reach the given
address before 2nd January, 2018
|2nd January, 2018|
|4||Window to edit / update the Application Form||From 30th December, 2017
Saturday ( 12:00 hrs) till
2nd January, 2018
Tuesday ( 16:00 hrs )
|5||Admit Card ( Online only )||9th January, 2018|
|6||Written Entrance Examination for all UG & PG Programmes||21st January, 2018|
|7||Result of Written Entrance Examination||February / March, 2018|
|8||Situation Test / Group Discussion / Interview||April - May, 2018|
|9||Declaration of Final Result ( Online )||End of May / June, 2018|
|10||Counselling||End of May / June, 2018
NIFT Exam Schedule 2018
NIFT Written Test 2018 ( All UG and PG Programs ) :
|Bachelor of Design||CAT||10:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|GAT||2:30 PM to 4:30 PM|
|Master of Design||CAT||10:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|GAT||2:30 PM to 4:30 PM|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||GAT||10:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Master of Fashion Technology||GAT||10:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Master of Fashion Management||GAT||10:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
To know more about NIFT Question Papers Click Here
NIFT Head Office,
Hauz Khas, Near Gulmohar Park,
New Delhi – 110 016.
Telephone No. : +91-11-26542000,
Fax : +91-11-26535890,
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nift.ac.in.