|Home Page||UG & PG Programs||Eligibility||Exam Details||Seats|
|Application Form||Exam Centres||Study Centres||Results||Question Papers|
NIFT 2018 Counselling
The details of counselling viz. the mode, dates and procedure will be available on the website in the month of May / June, 2018. Candidates are advised to regularly check the NIFT website for further information.
The following documents along with the photocopies shall be required for Admission after qualifying the entrance examination. The original certificates, except the medical certificate, will be returned to the candidate after verification.
The original certificates, except the medical certificate, will be returned to the candidate after verification.
- Original certificates of qualifying examination i.e. 12th class / degree ( marks Sheet and Certificate ). In case of admission to PG courses, the candidates will also be required to bring the original certificate ( Mark Sheet and Certificate ) of the qualifying degree examination. In case the candidate has appeared in final semester/ final year ( as applicable ) then he / she will have to bring the original mark sheet of all the previous semester / years.
- In case the candidate has appeared for qualifying exam / compartment ( of final year / semester ) and the result is due, the date sheet / admit card for examination has to be brought.
- Bank Draft(s) of requisite fee in favour of “NIFT HO” has to be bought. The name of the candidate, date of counselling, phone / mobile no., name of the programme, Category, Rank and Roll Number are to be mentioned at the back of Bank Draft(s).
- Proof of date of birth ( Secondary School Mark Sheet & Certificate ) ( Original and Photocopy ).
- SC / ST / OBC – Non-Creamy / PWD ( supported with requisite Certificate ). For State Domicile seats the status of domicile will be decided by the address of school / college (qualifying degree) last attended, whichever applicable.
- Basis of funding of the tuition fee / certificate of the parents income e.g Income Tax Return of 2017 – 18, Salary Certificate of March’2018 etc.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness to be signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format in original.
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/- for seeking provisional admission only in case, the result of qualifying examination is yet to be declared.
- An undertaking regarding Anti-Ragging.
- An undertaking regarding refund of fee.
In case any of the above document(s) is / are in any language other than Hindi/ English, then as the authentic translation in English / Hindi should be produced duly verified by the issuing institution / gazetted officer / Self attested ( original and photocopy ) by the candidate at the time of Counselling / Admission. Failure on the part of candidate to produce the requisite authentic translation may result in refusal of admission.
Cancellation of Admission
- Only qualifying the entrance examination shall not, ipso facto, entitle a candidate for admission to a programme.
- If NIFT is not satisfied with character, past behavior or antecedents of a candidate, it can refuse to admit him / her to any course of study at any Campus or cancel the admission at a later stage.
- If at any stage it is found that a candidate has got admission in any Campus / Programme on the basis of false information, or by hiding relevant facts or if it is found that admission was given due to any mistake or oversight, the admission granted to such candidate shall be liable to be cancelled forthwith without any notice at any time during the course of his / her studies by the DG-NIFT and fee deposited by the candidate will be forfeited.
- If a candidate does not report to the allotted / re-allotted NIFT campus within 7 days of commencement of the session, the admission of the candidate will stand cancelled without any intimation and the tuition fee paid shall be forfeited.
- The Director General may cancel the admission of any student for specific reason or debar him / her for a certain period.
- It will be the sole responsibility of the candidate to make sure that they are eligible and fulfill all the conditions prescribed for admission. Before issue of admission receipt at the time of allotment of seats, candidates should ensure that he / she fulfills all eligibility criteria as laid down in Admission brochure. If it is found at any stage during the entire period of the programme that the candidate does not fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions, his/her admission will be cancelled and entire fee will be forfeited.
- The merit will be valid only for the programme/ category for which the candidate has appeared and cannot be utilized for admission to any other program / category. Further, the merit of the candidate shall be valid only for the academic session 2018-19.
Note : All admissions shall be completed on or before the last date decided by the Director General.