sainik school kazhakootam, sainik school kazhakootam entrance exam, sainik school kazhakootam admission 2018-19, sainik school kazhakootam admission, sainik school kazhakootam application form, sainik school kazhakootam vacancies, sainik school kazhakootam result, sainik school kazhakootam address, sainik school kazhakootam admission results, sainik school kazhakootam contact number, sainik school kazhakootam entrance exam, sainik school kazhakootam hall ticket, sainik school kazhakootam official website, sainik school kazhakootam entrance result 2018, sainik school kazhakootam syllabus, Sainik School Admission Form Last Date, Sainik School Entrance Exam Eligibility, Sainik School Selection Procedure, Sainik School Entrance Exam Age Limit, Sainik School Entrance Exam Center
All India Sainik School Entrance Exam 2018
The Sainik Schools were established from 1961, with the primary aim of preparing boys academically, physically and mentally for entry into the Officer cadre of the Armed Forces.
The other objectives of these schools are :
- To remove regional imbalance in the officer cadre of the defence services.
- To develop qualities of body, mind and character which will enable the young boys of today to become good and useful citizens of tomorrow.
- To bring public school education within the reach of the common man.
Total Number of Vacancies ( Approximate )
The number of vacancies for class VI and IX will generally be within the availability of seats.
- Class VI : 60
- Class IX : 10
Sainik School Kazhakootam 2018 Age Limit
- For Admission to class VI : Born between 2nd July, 2007 and 1st July, 2008 ( both days inclusive )
- For admission to class IX : Born between 2nd July, 2004 and 1st July, 2005 ( both days inclusive ) and should be studying in class VIII in a recognised school.
Sainik School Kazhakootam is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
- This school follows an academic curriculum as per CBSE (upto Class XII) directives issued from time to time.
- This school also prepares boys for the Union Public Service Commission Examination for admission to the National Defence Academy, Khadakvasla, Pune and Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala.
- The school follows the following combination of languages for classes VI to VIII
- English – 1st Language
- Hindi – 2nd Language
- Malayalam – 3rd Language
- For Classes XI & XII only science stream ( with Biology / Computer Science ) is available.
Sainik School Kazhakootam 2018 Seats
- 15% of the total seats are reserved for scheduled caste and 7.5% seats for scheduled tribe boys.
- Out of the remaining, 67% seats are reserved for domicile boys of Kerala state. Remaining 33% is open to boys from other states and union territories as per new reservation policy.
- 25% of seats from each category mentioned in para above are reserved for children of service personnel including ex-servicemen.
Sainik School Entrance Exam 2018 Exam Pattern
|S.No||Subject||No. of Questions |
|(i)||Mathematics||50 x 3||150|
|(ii)||GK ( Sc & Sst )||25 x 2||50|
|(iii)||Language||25 x 2||50|
|(iv)||Intelligence||25 x 2||50|
|S.No||Subject||No. of Questions & |
|(i)||Mathematics||50 x 4||200|
|(ii)||English||25 x 2||50|
|(iii)||Intelligence||25 x 2||50|
|(iv)||General Science||25 x 2||50|
|(v)||Social Studies||25 x 2||50|
Sainik School Kazhakootam 2018 Application Form
How to Apply
The Application form will be available from the official website of www.sainikschooltvm.nic.in.
This year onwards the format of exam is being changed to OMR based exam. Online application form can be filled up on the link provided in the school website. The application form can also be purchased directly from the school office on cash payments.
The Application forms duly completed in all respect should reach the following address on or before 5th December, 2017.
Sainik School Kazhakootam,
Sainik School PO,
Dist Thiruvananthapuram 695 585.
Candidates who are applying for Entrance Exam by obtaining it from school, have to submit duly filled application form along with following documents.
- A pass port size ( 3.5 cm x 4.5 m ) photograph should be neatly affixed and duly attested by the Headmaster of the school last attended / Gazetted Officer, in the space on the application form and the identification certificate.
- Scheduled Caste / Tribe candidates should forward caste certificate obtained from Tahsildar along with the application form. Parents / guardians must also submit a copy of the certificate from the Registrar of births and death duly attested by the Principal / Headmaster of the school to prove the date of birth. Class IX candidates should get a certificate from the school stating the class in which he is studying at present along with the certificate of Date of Birth without fail.
Details of registration fee including cost of Prospectus cum Application form and model question papers are as given below.
For General / Defence Candidates
- By Registered Post – Rs. 450/- ( Demand Draft only )
- By Hand ( from school office ) – Rs. 400/- ( Cash or Demand Draft )
For SC / STcandidates
- By Registered Post – Rs. 300/- ( Demand Draft only )
- By Hand ( from school office ) – Rs. 250/- ( Cash or Demand Draft )
Sainik School Kazhakootam Entrance Exam Centres 2018
The following Centres subject to a minimum number of 20 candidates applying per centre.
- Kavarathi ( Lakshadweep )
Sainik School Entrance Exam 2018 Syllabus
Mathematics ( Arithmetics )
Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division of numbers, fractions and decimals, BODMAS Rule, LCM and HCF, Unitary method, Average, Percentage, Profit and loss, Simple Interest, Square root, Area and Perimeter, Ratio and Proportion, Geometry, Triangle, Circle, Algebraic expressions.
Tenses, Sentences- Negative, Affirmative and Interrogative, Prepositions, Articles, Framing Questions, One Word answers/fill in the blanks, Singular & Plural forms, Homonyms, Synonyms & Antonyms, Spelling.
GK ( Sc & SSt ) – Science
Living things, Characteristics of living things, Plants & Animals, Interdependence of living things and non living things, Human body, Food, Diseases, Rocks and Minerals, Air water and weather, Natural satellite, simple machines, Environment, Natural calamities etc.
GK ( Sc & SSt ) – Social Studies
Maps Planets, Satellites, Solar System, Continents, Oceans, Motion of the earth, Latitudes and Longitudes, Climate. Freedom Fighters and great reformers, Our Freedom struggle. Structure of Government, Fundamental Rights and duties, United Nation and its functions
Interview & Medical Test
The boys who quality in the written test will be required to appear at a later date before a Selection Board for an Interview & Medical Test. The interview and medical test will be held at selected places after announcement of the results of the Written Test.
Squares and Square Roots, Cubes and Cube Roots, Rational Exponents and Radicals, Profit, Loss and Discount, Compound Interest, Algebraic Identities, Polynomials, Equation in one variable, Parallel lines, Quadrilaterals and special types of Quadrilaterals., Areas of plane figures-Triangle,
Quadrilaterals, Circle, Circumference of Circle, Surface Areas and Volumes-Cylinder, Cone, Sphere &Solids, Statistics-Mean, frequency table.
Spotting Errors, Active and Passive Voice, Reported Speech, Clauses, Prepositions, Tenses, Articles, Antonyms and Synonyms, Rearrange jumbled words into meaningful sentences. Adjective Forms, Adverb Forms, Comparative and Superlative Degrees, Question Tags and Framing sentences with word.
The Universe, Soil, Air, Transformation of substances, Structure of Atom, Metals and non- metals, Carbon, Cell structure of function, Micro organisms, Refraction of light, Electricity and Magnetism, Friction, Sources of Energy, Common diseases, Food production and managementbasic practices.
The syllabus is as perthe NCERTtext book forscience in class VIII.
India and the Modem world, India in the 18 century, The rise and growth of British Rule in India, Administrative structure, Policies and impact of British rule, Revolt against British rule, British policies and administration in India after 1857, Changes in Economic life, Religion and Social
reform movement, Cultural awakening, Stmggle for Swaraj, National Movement from 1923 – 1939, Achievements of Independence.
Indian constitution, Secularism, Parliament, Criminal Justice System, law and Social justice, Development issues, Globalization, United Nations- International agencies, Human rights, India and the United Nations, Foreign Policy of India, India and its neighbours.
Natural Disasters – Earth quake, Volcanoes, Cyclone, Floods, Environmental degradation Resoruces, Types and Developments, Natural resources – Land, Soil, Water, Minerals, Energy, Plants and Wild life, Agriculture, Manufacturing Industries, Human Resources.
NCERT – Social Science Text Book class VIII Part I and Part II.
Sainik School Kazhakootam 2018 Important Dates
|1||Sale of Prospectus / Admission form||16th October, 2017 to
30th November, 2017
|2||Last date for receipt of application and exam fee||5th December, 2017
( Saturday )
|3||Date of Entrance Exam||7th January, 2018
( First Sunday of January )
( Except Sainik School
Nagrota, for which the exam
will be conducted in April
|4||Publication of Merit List of written exam ( School wise )||8th February, 2018
( Thursday )
|5||Interview and Medical Exam||19th February, 2018 to
10th March, 2018
|6||Publication of Final Merit List including Waiting list.||19th March, 2018
( Monday )
Sainik School, Kazhakootam,
Sainik School P.O.,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 585.
Telephone No : 0471 – 2418247.
Website : www.sainikschooltvm.nic.in