Sainik School Punglwa Entrance Exam 2018
Sainik School Punglwa, invites application from eligible boy candidates for admission to Class VI and IX Standards, through All India Sainik School Entrance Examination 2018, for the academic year 2018 – 19.
Sainik School Punglwa Entrance Exam 2018 Eligibility
- For Class VI – Born between 02 July, 2006 and 01 July, 2007
- For Class IX – Born between 02 July, 2003 and 01 July, 2004
Sainik School Punglwa Reservations Seats 2018
1. 67% of the total seats are reserved for home state of Nagaland and 33% for the domiciles of other states. Out of the total seats 15% are reserved for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates.
2. 25% seats are reserved for sons of Defence Service Personnel including Ex-Servicemen [An ex – serviceman is a person who has served in any rank ( whether combatant or non-combatant ) in Armed Forces of the Indian Union ( excluding the Assam Rifles, Defence Security Corps, Lok Sahayak Seva, Territorial Army, etc. ) for a continuous period of not less than six months after attestation. Personnel discharged at their own request before completion of five years of service are not treated in this category. A certificate from District Sainik Welfare Officer regarding their eligibility as Ex-servicemen is to be enclosed with the application.
3. As regard to reservation for admission of the children of Coast Guard Personnel the following conditions will apply
- Children of Coast Guard Personnel may be admitted in a Sainik School provided the 25% quota reserved for children of service personnel including ex – servicemen is not filled in that School. This means that the unfilled vacancies in the 25% quota may be allotted to the children of Coast Guard Personnel. It is clarified that in a given year, 25% quota reserved for service personnel will not be exceeded including the seats allotted to the children of Coast Guard Personnel.
- The scholarships for the wards of Coast Guard personnel will be provided by the Coast Guard out of its own funds.
Sainik School Punglwa Exam Scheme 2018
|Time||Subject||No. of Questions & Marks||Max Marks|
|Class VI||Paper - I|
|1000 – 1200 hrs||Mathematics||50 x 3||150|
(Sc & SSt)
|25 x 2||50|
|Language||25 x 2||50|
|Class VI||Paper - II|
|1200 – 1230hrs||Intelligence Test||25 x 2||50|
|Class IX||Paper - I|
|1000 – 1230 hrs||Mathematics||50 x 4||200|
|English||25 x 2||50|
|General Science||25 x 2||50|
|Social Studies||25 x 2||50|
|1230 – 1300hrs||Paper - II|
|Intelligence Test||25 x 2||50|
Medium for answering the questions in Sainik School Entrance Exam is English and Hindi.
Sainik School Punglwa 2018 Application Form
1. The duly filled in Sainik School Application Form along with all required documents may be submitted to the School office by hand or by post. The School shall not be responsible for any postal delay. Demand Draft for appropriate amount should be drawn in favour of “Principal, Sainik School Punglwa”, payable at “SBI, Medziphema [code : 6759]”.
2. Duly filled Sainik School Punglwa Application in the prescribed form along with the Identification certificate and Hall Ticket, should reach the following address, by 05th December, 2017 .
Sainik School Punglwa,
Dist – Peren, Nagaland,
Pin – 797 106.
3. The passport size ( 4 cm x 5 cm ) photograph of the boy should be neatly affixed in the space on the application form and the identification certificate.
4. Candidates, who have appeared earlier in the Sainik Entrance Examination for admission in any Sainik School, are NOT to apply again for the same class. Their candidature will stand cancelled if found to be a repeat application.
- The Application fee for General and Defence Category By Hand is 400/- and By Post is 500/-
- The Application fee for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe Category By Hand is 250/- and By Post is 350/-
Sainik School Punglwa Entrance Exam Centres 2018
The Punglwa Sainik School Entrance Test shall be conducted at the following locations :
- Punglwa ( School Campus )
Note : The Examination centres will be activated depending on the number of applications received for different centres. Candidates applying for other Sainik Schools may opt for the above centres if they are located in close proximity of the concerned centre.
Sainik School Punglwa 2018 Scholarships
- Government of Nagaland and Government of Arunachal Pradesh offer liberal scholarships to the candidates from their states subject to certain conditions as required by them. In addition Central Government also provides some share at varying rates to those cadets receiving State Government scholarships.
- Children of serving defence personnel and ex-servicemen admitted on defence quota are granted annual scholarship of 32,000/- for the wards of PBORs and 16,000/- for the wards of JCOs by the MoD.
Sainik School Ghorakhal 2018 Important Dates
|1||Sale of application cum prospectus &|
|16th October, 2017 to 30th November, 2017|
|2||Last date of submission of Application Form||05th December, 2017|
|3||Date of Entrance Examination||07th January, 2018 ( Sunday )|
District Peren ( Nagaland ),
Pin – 797 106,
E-mail : email@example.com.
Website : www.sainikschoolpunglwa.nic.in.