Sainik School KapurthalaSainik Schools in India »
Sainik School in Kapurthala
Sainik School is located in the Palace of the Erstwhile Maharaja of Kapurthala. The Palace was built in 1908 on the pattern of Versailles built by Louis – the xiv of France.
The Jagatjit palace at present houses Sainik School, Kapurthala ( total area measuring 1961 kanals and 18 marlas ). Sainik School Kapurthala was inaugurated on 8th July, 1961 by the then Defence Minister V. K. Krishna Menon, with the objective of preparing Boys Academically, Physically and mentally to join NDA.
It is a fully Residential School for boys only, providing Public School Education. Sainik School offers a vast array of opportunities to channelise the energies of cadets for constructive purposes.
A Wide Spectrum of Co and Extra Curricular Activities ensures their multitudinous personality development. Sainik School has been rendering yeoman services to the nation for more than four decades by imparting balanced and Quality Education to the Cadets hailing from all strata of Society.
It has been fulfilling its basic objective by producing more than 700 officers for the Indian armed forces through National Defence Academy. A sizeable number of its alumni has made their mark in other respectable professions too.
Sainik School has earned for itself the enviable distinction of being a torch bearer for quality Education in the state. It is the only school among the twenty Sainik Schools which holds the record of holding the Defence Minister’s trophy continuously for seven years.
Sainik School product is not a mere book worm but a real life wizard who applies his knowledge in practical situations. Sainik School not only maintain high Educational standards but also provides the cadets a well rounded education that prepares them to face the challenges of life.
** Co – Curricular Activities :
- Sainik School caters for harmonious all round development and growth of the students personality. The students are encouraged to take part in Debates, Declamations, Quiz Competitions, Dramatics, Lectures etc.
- Sainik School provides ample Opportunities and Scope for the growth of Creative faculties by offering Photography, Music, Art, Painting, Electronics and Computers as hobbies.
- Sainik School has a well equipped Brass Band which has participated in the Republic Day parade a number of times.
**NCC Training :
- NCC is compulsory for all students in Sainik School from class VII onwards. Sainik School has the Junior and the Senior Division NCC Wings leading up to Certificate ‘B’ competence.
- Drill, Annual Training Camps and Rifle firing are taught as a part of NCC training.
- The cadets also get a chance to participate in Para – Sailing, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Trekking and Adve nture camps.
**Physical Training :
- Health and Physical Education forms an integral part of the training schedule of Sainik School. For imparting Physical Education effectively, Sainik School has qualified Army PT Instructors.
- Gymnastics, Callisthenics and Yoga are taught systematically and regularly. Special stress is laid on outdoor Games, Mass PT and Athletics.
**Swimming Pool, Gymnasium and Obstacle Course :
- A Modern and Well – equipped Swimming Pool and Gymnasium are available. Swimming is compulsory.
- Training on Obstacle Course is imparted to test and improve the cadets courage Physical Endurance and Mental Robustness.
**Games and Sports :
- The Army Personnel deputed by the Army Physical Training Corps conduct Games and Sports.
- Games are Compulsory for all the Cadets. Facilities are available for games and sports including Cricket, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Volleyball, Billiards, Lawn – Tennis, Squash, Athletics and Gymnastics.
**Educational Tours, Hikes, Excursion :
- Sainik School organises educational tours along with staff members to places of Historical and Educational Interest. There is also ample opportunity for senior boys to go on hikes and out – door excursions during their stay at the school.
- Educational tours to NDA and IMA are also organised for the senior classes.
**Auditorium and Ante Room :
- Sainik School has an Auditorium – Cum – Cinema hall where films are screened. The Cultural Programs and Functions are held in auditorium.
- Sainik School has a cadets Ante Room with television and Stereo – System.
**Sainik School Library :
- Sainik School has a Well – stocked Library to provide an Environment for the students and the staff to develop their Reading Skills and to brush up their Knowledge.
**Sainik School Infirmary :
- A Well qualified Doctor, assisted by a Nursing Assistant looks after the general health of the students. Sainik School has a Fifteen – Bed hospital for the care of ailing students.
- Cases of serious ailments , are referred to Local Civil Hospital and intimation is sent to parents. Cases of minor ailments are, however, not reported to save parents from avoidable worry.
**Bank, Post Office, CSD :
- A Branch of State Bank Patiala and a Sub Post Office is located in the school. A well – stocked CSD ( Canteen Stores Department ) caters for the needs of the students’ toiletries and other essential items.
For further details, Contact Sainik Address :
Sainik School Kapurthala,
Telephone No. : 01822 – 232532 ( O ), 233771 ( Res ),
Website : www.sskapurthala.com/.