DR. K.S.Krishnan Research Associateship ( KSKRA )
With an objective of encouraging talented science and engineering doctorates to pursue a career in scientific research in the field of atomic energy, BRNS instituted a scheme named after the renowned physicist, Dr K. S. Krishnan on the occasion of his Birth Centenary. Under this scheme Research Associates are inducted for a period of two one year ( can be extended one more year ).
Associateship is offered with the possibility of getting absorbed in one of the four R&D organizations of the DAE ( BARC, CAT, VECC or IGCAR ) against regular vacancies. The appointment is based on their performance and evaluation by the concerned DAE unit. The associates are selected from one of the following broad disciplines :
Science : Physical and Chemical sciences; Radiation and Environmental Sciences; Life, Medical and Agricultural Sciences.
Engineering : Chemical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Computer Science and Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Metallurgical Engineering. The age limit is 32 years for general category, 35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC / ST and physically challenged persons ( as on 1st January of the current year ). The scheme is open to only Indian Nationals.
Minimum Educational Qualification and Experience :
- For Engineers Master’s degree in Engineering ( M.Tech. / M.E. / M.S. ) with a minimum of 2-year R & D experience after obtaining M.Tech. / M.E. / M.S. degree.
- For Scientists : Ph.D. degree in Science ( Those who have submitted Ph.D. thesis may also apply ).
KSKRA Application Form
How to Apply
Applicants are required to fill KSKRA application form online at the website http://brns.res.in. Hard copy of duly filled KSKRA form, as downloaded after online submission, should be sent by speed post to the following address :
Deputy Establishment Officer ( DEO ),
Recruitment – IV,
HBNI Building Training School Complex,
Mumbai 400 094.
Another hard copy should be preserved as the candidate may be asked to reproduce it at the time of interview.
Before initiating the process of online filling the online application form, soft copy of the following documents need to be kept handy for uploading to the website :
- All degree certificates and mark sheets starting with the eligibility qualification ( for example Ph.D, MTech & BTech or PhD, MSc, BSc ) certificates.
- GATE / NET : Score, Subject and Year ( optional ).
- Proof of date of birth e.g. CBSE / HSC / SSC / Matriculation certificate.
- SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped / DODPKIA certificate, if applicable, as per the prescribed format.
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of the challan marked as ‘Institute’s copy’ indicating payment of Rs. 500/- ( Rupees five hundred ) as application processing fee in any branch of the State Bank of India. Candidates belonging to SC / ST, dependents of defense service personnel killed in action, persons with physical disability and women candidates are exempted from payment of this fee. Persons with physical disability should produce necessary certificate from Government Hospital / Medical Board in support of their claim.
- Person working under the Central / State Government / Public Sector Undertakings should submit their application through proper channel.
KSKRA Selection Procedure
Applications will be screened and candidates found suitable will be called to appear for an interview in Mumbai. Preference will be given to those candidates whose research interest and work experience has relevance to the mandate of DAE ( see the list of Thrust Areas ).
Outstation candidates will be paid 3rd AC train fare or actual fare, whichever is less. In case of candidates coming from abroad, 3rd AC train fare will be paid to and fro from the address ( Indian ) mentioned in application. Candidates are advised to come prepared to stay in Mumbai for 2 to 3 days as a requirement of interview.
Accommodation will be provided in BARC’s guest house. Call letters will be sent to the successful candidates and will be absorbed as KSK Research Associate, if found medically fit.