56-57, Institutional Area,
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University) set up by the Government of India for propagation and promotion of Sanskrit invites applications in the prescribed form for award of merit Scholarship to:
Regular students studying Sanskrit including Pali and Prakrit in any recognized traditional Pathshalas / modern institutions / Secondary / Senior Secondary Schools from 9th to 12th standard.
Regular students pursuing higher course of studies in Sanskrit in recognized educational Institutions at the levels of Shastri / Graduation / Acharya / Post Graduation, Vtdyavandhi / Ph.D Scholarship details, eligibility criteria and conditions for the Scholarships are given below.
Courses of Study for which Scholarship is given
Scholarship amount Rs P.M
9th and 10th classes / Purva-Madhyama or equivalent courses with Sanskrit / Pali / Prakrit as a paper of at least 100 marks.
Must have passed the previous examination of the respective class with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the aggregate and also in the concerned subject i.e. in Sanskrit / Pali / Prakrit
11th & 12th Classes / Prak-Shastri / Uttar-Madhyama and equivalent courses with Sanskrit / Pali / Prakrit as a paper of at least 100 marks.
Shastri / Graduation / B.A / B.A (Hons.) and equivalent course of three years duration with Sanskrit / Pali / Prakrit as a subject of at least 100 marks.
Must have passed plus 2 level examinations with a minimum 60% marks or equivalent in the aggregate and also in the concerned subject i.e. in Sanskrit / Pali / Prakrit.
Acharya degree in Sanskrit / Pali / Prakrit and its equivalent Post-Graduation Degree
Must have passed Graduation with at least 60% marks in the aggregate in Sanskrit / Pali / Prakrit
Vidyavaridhi / Ph.D and equivalent in Sanskrit / Pali / Prakrit
Must have passed Acharya or M.A in Sanskrit / Pali / Prakrit with at least 60% marks in the aggregate.
The student of Vidyavaridhi / Ph.D, and equivalent courses shall be also entitled for a contingency Grant of Rs. 2000/-per annum for two years.
Number of Scholarship: Number of Scholarships to be awarded each year class depends on the Availability of funds.
Reservation: 15% of the total Scholarship will be reserved for S.C, 7.5% for ST. Students
Terms and Conditions:
1. Students must have opted for the subject i.e. Sanskrit / Pali / Prakrit in the current class of study for which he or she has applied for the Scholarship. However, the grant of Scholarship will depend on the marks secured in the previous class of study in the concerned subject and also in the aggregate as stipulated in this advertisement.
2. The Scholarship up to Post-Graduate and equivalent courses will be tenable for one academic year i.e (10 months) starting from the 1st July and ending with 30th April. As Scholarship is awarded only for one academic year on the basis of marks obtained in the previous examination, students have to apply every year a fresh. It will not be renewed automatically.
3. The Scholarship for the Ph.D will be tenable for two full years i.e. 24 months. Subject to satisfactory progress report.
4. The condition of minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination may be relaxed to 50% in respect of students belonging to reserved categories in case, adequate numbers of candidates with the required qualifications are not available.
5. The Scholarship amount will be payable from the 1st July of the academic year and will be released in the name of the concerned students by account payee cheque through the head of the concerned institutions. In case any student wishes to receive the Scholarship directly in his / her State Bank account, he / she must furnish State Bank Account number in the application form legibly.
6. In the case of Ph.D and equivalent students, the Institution concerned shall send Utilization Certificate, and progress report the work done by the scholar through the Guide and Head of the Department, to enable the Sansthan to release Scholarship for the second year.
7. A Candidate who receives any Scholarship from any other Institution will not be considered for Scholarship of the Sansthan under this Scheme. A candidate who accepts any remunerative job during the tenure of the Scholarship or undertakes to any other course of study which does not have component of Sanskrit will be disqualified from receiving this Scholarship.
8. The Sansthan reserves the right to make such changes in these terms and conditions as it may consider necessary. The Sansthan also reserves the right to reject any application after due scrutiny. The decision of the Sansthan in this regard will be final and binding.
9. Every student will be required to submit application form through the Competent Authority in the prescribed pro-forma indicating interalia.
That he / she is pursuing a course of study for which he / she has applied for the Scholarship with Sanskrit as a regular student.
That / he she is not receipt of any other Scholarship from any other scource.
That he / she is not employed anywhere
That during the currency of Scholarship if he / she is awarded Scholarship from any other source.
Application Procedure: The application on the prescribed proforma (along with attested copies of the mark-sheet of the latest qualifying examination / certificate including caste certificate incase of SC / ST candidates must be sent Latest by 15th November, 2007 through the respective Head of the Institution / Registrar of the University.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sasthan (Deemed University) 56-57,
New delhi ? 110 058
The application received after this date i.e. 15.11.07 will not be entertained. The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sasthan will not be responsible for any postal delay incomplete and ambiguous applications will not be entertained.