University Grants Commission – UGC Scholarship 2013
Postgraduate Merit Scholarship for Non – professional Courses at any recognized University or College, India 2013.
Study Subject ( s ) : Non – professional Courses
Course Level : Postgraduate
Scholarship Provider : University Grants Commission
Scholarship can be taken at : India
Eligibility for UGC Scholarship :
- First & Second Rank holders at under – graduate level in the above mentioned specified streams only admitted in any non – professional Post – Graduate course would be awarded this scholarship.
- These awardees will have to submit the proofs of their merit position at undergraduate level in University / Institute / Autonomous College as well as their admission in first year of Post – Graduate course during academic year.
- The scholarship would however, be subject to securing a minimum of sixty percent marks at undergraduate level.
- The rank holders would be considered only from affiliated universities wherein at least 100 students and in deemed / private Universities ( * ) / Autonomous / Nonaffiliated colleges, at least 25 students have appeared in the examination at undergraduate level in the aforesaid programs.
UGC Scholarship Open for International Students :
- No, UGC Scholarship is not available for International Students.
UGC Scholarship Description :
- Candidates admitted in post – graduate first year regular non – professional degree course in any recognized university or a post – graduate college during the current year i.e. 2012 – 13 are eligible.
- The University Grants Commission, on the basis of a initiative of M / HRD, had introduced the scheme of Post – Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University rank holders with the objective of attracting talents for pursuing post – graduate studies.
- The scheme is for non – professional courses only.
- The selection will be purely on merit basis.
- The awardees under this scheme can pursue their Post – Graduate programme in any area of specialization and also in any institution of higher learning in the country recognized by UGC under Section 2 ( f ) and 12 ( B ) of UGC Act.
- Duration of Scholarship : 2 years.
Number of scholarships : 3000.
Rate of Scholarships : 2000/ – pm ( 10 months in a year ) ( Total 20 months ).
UGC Scholarship Application Form :
- UGC Scholarship Application should be applied By Post.
UGC Scholarship Application Deadline : 3rd October, 2012.