Scholarships in Africa London Nagasaki 2017
Africa London Nagasaki Scholarship Fund offers Scholarship for Sub Saharan African Master Students at Institute of Tropical Medicine, Japan / London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine ( LSHTM ) , Japan / UK 2017
Study Subject ( s ) : Control of infectious disease in Africa
Course Level : Masters
Scholarship Provider : Africa London Nagasaki Scholarship Fund
Scholarship can be taken at : Japan / UK
Eligibility for ALN Masters Scholarships 2017
Candidates applying for an Africa London Nagasaki ( ALN ) MSc scholarship must meet the following criteria.
Candidates applying for a Scholarship at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine must :
- Be of African nationality and normally be resident in sub – Saharan Africa, be fluent in English.
- If the applicant’s first language is not English or if the studies at university have not been conducted wholly in the medium of English candidates must take and pass one of the approved internet – based tests ( IELTS, TOEFL or a Pearson Test of English ) .
- The standard of English needed to pass the tests is high and is in line with the level of English required by the UK Border Authority in order to issue a student visa.
- Have a first or upper second class BSc degree or equivalent from an established university in a relevant area of science ( a medical degree is not essential ).
- Usually have had at least two years’ prior research experience in an area relevant to the study of infectious diseases.
- Have the support of the head of their institution for undertaking their chosen course.
Candidates applying for a Scholarship at the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagaski must :
- Be of African nationality and normally be resident in sub – Saharan Africa.
- Be fluent in English.
- Have obtained an MB ChB or equivalent medical qualification from a recognised university.
- Have had at least two years of clinical experience following graduation, have the support of the head of their institution for undertaking their chosen course.
ALN Masters Scholarship Description 2017
- The ALN scholarship fund supports African scientists wishing to undertake a Master’s degree related to the control of infectious diseases in Africa.
- The scholarship funds a candidate to undertake an MSc in a subject relevant to the control of infectious disease in Africa at either the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan or at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine ( LSHTM ) , London, UK. Both residential and distance learning MSc courses are available at LSHTM.
- Candidates offered a course at the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki will be required to reside in Japan for the duration of the course.
ALN Masters Scholarship Application Form 2017
Log in and click ‘Start application’ in the header. Complete and submit the application form by Friday 30th September 2016. No supporting documentation is required at this stage.
Successful candidates to apply for the MSc course at the specified university by 31st March, 2017.Scholarship awardees that are given a place at university start their MSc course in September 2017 at LSHTM and October 2017 at NEKKEN.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.