Oshwal Aid / HELB Scholarship 2010, for Kenyans
Oshwal Aid Vision :
Oshwal Aid envisages healthy communities, prospering in harmony with the natural environment in which people are inspired to improve the quality of their own and others lives.
Oshwal Aid Mission :
Oshwal Aid assists communities around East Africa through a wide range of programmes in education, health, disaster relief and sustainable development, where such aid is delivered efficiently and effectively by Oshwal Community members throughout East Africa.
HELB Vision :
To be the preferred financier of Kenyans pursuing higher education.
HELB Mission :
To provide affordable loans, bursaries and scholarships to Kenyans pursuing higher education.
Oshwal Aid, a welfare arm of the Oshwal Education and Relief Board (OE & RB) in association with the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) invites eligible university students to apply for Scholarships.
The HELB Scholarship is to fund 10 (ten) students for the total tenure of study for an undergraduate degree program for both tuition and upkeep. The fund seeks to support needy first year Kenyan entrants in local universities to a maximum of Kshs. 200,000.00 per annum.
The courses of study for which the Oshwal Aid / HELB Scholarship will finance are :
- Business Studies and Management.
- Fine Arts.
- Political Science.
- Information Systems and Technology.
- Environmental Studies.
Oshwal Aid emphasizes on the societal development of an individual. Therefore the establishment of this Scholarship scheme in collaboration with Higher Education Loans Board is to assist bright but financially needy students to pursue their higher education in a Kenyan Universities.
This is in line with the Aims and Objectives of Oshwal Aid – “Sensitivity and Responsiveness to Societal needs and the right of every person to attain knowledge through education”.
HELB Scholarship Eligibility Criteria :
- The applicant must be a Kenyan Citizen with a Residential Status in Kenya.
- Applicant must have sat for the KCSE or GCE or equivalent level not more than one year prior to the application.
- Have obtained a mean grade of B+ or above, with at least B plain in English and Mathematics.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, community service / spirit, concern for others, talent, concern about the environment and a solid character
- Provide reference letter from two referees one of whom must be the secondary school head teacher.
Conditions of the Oshwal Aid / HELB Scholarship :
- The applicant must show proof of placement at a university before the scholarship is awarded
- The applicant is expected to provide academic progress reports and reference letters from the university on a yearly basis to maintain funding for the ongoing period of study. Oshwal Aid and Higher Education Loans Board reserve the right to discontinue the scholarship for students who fail to obtain the required grades for promotion in the course of study or are not able to obtain satisfactory reference letters from the university.
Closing Date for the receipt of Applications is 20th of August 2010.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.