University of Cape Town International Travel Scholarship, South Africa
Scholarship for International Travel are available to assist Master’s and Doctoral students registered at the University of Cape Town to proceed to an approved international institution for purposes of a visiting scholars program, for research, or for attendance at specific and approved courses.
University of Cape Town International Travel Scholarship Eligibility
- Master’s students in the FIRST year of study, who intend to submit early in the 2nd year, can apply in the 2nd semester of the 1st year if they can provide strong motivation and on receipt of evidence that they will submit before the first semester of the next year.
- Master’s students in the 1st year of study can apply in their 1st year to travel to a conference in the SECOND year of study.
- Master’s students in the SECOND year of study.
- Doctoral students who will attend a conference in the SECOND, THIRD OR FOURTH (but who are registered for the 3rd year) YEARS of study. Doctoral students who successfully apply in the 3rd year of study may use their grants in the 4th year of study on condition that they are registered at the time of the conference.
- Doctoral students who are registered for the 4th year of study at the time of application are ineligible.
- Successful applicants must be registered students of the University of Cape Town for the full duration of their conference stay.
- Students who have UPGRADED from master’s to doctoral study are eligible in the FIRST AND SECOND years of registration as a doctoral student only. Evidence of the upgrade must be provided.
Scholarships for International Travel
Scholarship for International Travel Application – will be available from January, 2018
There are two rounds of application / award per annum:
- Students applying to travel abroad in April, May, June, July, and August, September must submit their applications by no later than 28 February.
- Students applying to travel abroad in October, November, December and January, February and March of the following year must submit their applications by no later than31 August. The Selection Committee meets in March and September.
The above scholarships are available to assist master’s and doctoral students registered at the University of Cape Town to proceed to an approved international institution for purposes of a visiting scholars programme, for research, or for attendance at specific and approved courses. The awards are intended for individual senior students and have been established to enhance the research activities being conducted for the completion of the degree.
University of Cape Town International Travel Scholarship Application
Closing dates for application : There are two rounds of application.
- he first closing date is the 9 March. This closing date may suit students applying to travel between April and September.
- The 2nd and final closing date and 31 August which may suit students wishing to travel between October and March of the following year. The Selection Committee meets in March and September.
The intention of these awards is to provide opportunities for young researchers who will contribute to future research.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.