2013 University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship
The University of Pretoria is a research intensive university. Hence, it is seeking candidates for doctoral studies who will make significant contributions to its research endeavour.
As part of South Africa’s contribution to the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan, the University of Pretoria has made funds available for two doctoral scholarships for students coming from Commonwealth Countries ( excluding South African students ).
This scholarship will be known as the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship and will be awarded on a competitive basis.
Study Subject ( s ) : International Doctoral Scholarship.
Course Level : UP Common Wealth Doctoral Scholarship.
Scholarship Provider : University of Pretoria.
Scholarship can be taken at : South Africa.
Eligibility for Pretoria University Doctoral Scholarship 2013 :
- The UP Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship will be awarded to applicants who are citizens of Commonwealth countries.
- Applicants must conduct their studies at the University of Pretoria.
- Applicants must have completed the degree that will give them admission to a doctoral programme a maximum of three years prior to their application for the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship.
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age at time of application.
- Masters students currently registered at the University of Pretoria are not eligible for the Doctoral Scholarship.
University of Pretoria Scholarship Open for International Students :
- Yes, University of Pretoria Masters and PhD Scholarship is available for International Students.
Pretoria University Scholarship Open for following Countries :
- University of Pretoria Masters and PhD Scholarship Open for Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
University of Pretoria Doctoral Scholarship Description :
- University of Pretoria Scholarships of up to ₹ 50,000 per academic year for Scholars at Masters and PhD level.
- We support both full time and part time study and will consider University of Pretoria Masters and PhD Scholarship applications for those who wish to study by distance learning.
Value of University of Pretoria Doctoral Scholarship :
- The value of this Doctoral Scholarship will be R120 000 in 2014.
- This amount must be used to cover the following student costs :
- Accommodation and living costs, Medical Aid, Books / Stationery.
Note : Fees will be covered by the award of a UP Postgraduate Scholarship, Research costs will be covered by the Supervisor.
Additional costs covered by the University :
- Return flight ticket from home country
- Shuttle service on arrival in South Africa from OR Tambo International Airport to Pretoria and return from Pretoria to OR Tambo on completion.
- Application fee and Visa costs which will be refunded on proof of receipts on arrival.
Costs not covered by the Institution :
- Family expenses
- Additional baggage expenses.
University of Pretoria Doctoral Scholarship Application Form :
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, candidates must submit the following documentation to the University of Pretoria.
- An agreement and motivation, from a suitable academic supervisor at the University, that the candidate can work under their supervision.
- An outline (one A4 page), of the research work that they wish to undertake. A completed and signed UP Application Form Download from the Official Website : http://web.up.ac.za website Link : http://web.up.ac.za/Application2014.asp?ipkCategoryID=16904&language=0
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) – no more than 4 pages, Two certified passport copies, Full academic transcripts of all qualifications obtained.
- 2 Letters of reference from academics / supervisors who have current knowledge of the applicant’s academic performance. Referees should be asked to comment on the following aspects of the candidate’s qualities.
1. Past academic performance
2. Research ability as evidenced by their Masters studies
3. Suitability for the study that is proposed
4. Potential in the chosen field of doctoral studies.
Note : Referees to send directly to Leanne.email@example.com
Required documentation should be submitted together with the UP Application Form to the Consultant at the Client Service Centre and to the proposed supervisor.
University of Pretoria Doctoral Scholarship Selection Procedure 2013 :
Award of this scholarship will be based on:
- Academic performance of the candidate.
- Potential to undertake advanced research activities.
- Leadership qualities.
- Evidence of research accomplishment at the masters’ level by means of publications or other appropriate products of the work undertaken.
- Prizes and honours received.
- Selection of the candidates for these scholarships will be conducted by the University’s Institutional Selection Committee.
The successful applicant will be informed by e – mail and official letter of acceptance. Candidates, who have not received written notification within eight weeks of the closing date, must please contact the Client Service Centre : Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Pretoria Scholarship Application Deadline 2013 :
- The closing date for the 2014 Academic year is 30th August, 2013
- Please quote “UP Commonwealth Scholarship” on your application when applying for this scholarship.
- No late and incomplete applications will be considered.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.