2014 Doctoral Fellowship in Witwatersrand University
The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg is a research intensive university ranked in the top 250 global universities (http://www.wits.ac.za/). It is the home of 15 NRF A – rated researchers and six Centres of Excellence.
Situated in the financial heartland of South Africa and indeed Africa, the University is both cosmopolitan and vibrant. It offers excellent opportunities for Postdoctoral Research Fellows under take cutting edge research. The AW Mellon Foundation has kindly agreed support up seven Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in the Faculty of Humanities at Wits during 2013 / 2014 / 2015.
Doctoral Fellowship in Sociology, History, Philosophy, Anthropology, Literary Studies, Cultural Studies, Art, Drama, Law, Public Health and Human Geography at University of the Witwatersrand South Africa ( 2014 ).
Study Subject ( s ) : Arts; Education; Human and Community Development; Literature, Language and Media; Social Sciences and the Law.
Course Level : Postdoctoral Research Fellows
Scholarship Provider : AW Mellon Foundation.
Scholarship can be taken at : South Africa.
Eligibility for Witwatersrand University Doctoral Fellowship 2014
- Certified copy of your PhD certificate
- Certified copy of identity document ( for South Africans ) or passport
Research proposal of nmore than five A4 pages under the following headings
- Research question
- Brief literature review
- Proposed methodologies
- Expected outputs
- Please supply a publication list.
Full references ( i.e. authors, title, year, and name of journal / publisher, volume and page numbers ) must be given. Conference proceedings, technical reports, patents, etc, should alsbe reported.
University of Witwatersrand Doctoral Scholarship Open for International Students :
- No, University of the Witwatersrand Doctoral Scholarship is not available for International Students.
Witwatersrand University Doctoral Scholarship Description :
- WISER has over the last ten years established itself as the leading South African interdisciplinary research University of the Witwatersrand Institute in the Humanities and Social Sciences, promoting Local and International debate on the complexities of change in South Africa and Africa, understood from comparative and global perspectives.
- A strong commitment to Doctoral training and supervision is a critical part of WISERs mission.
- University of the Witwatersrand Funding from the Ford Foundation has enabled us to continue our longstanding Doctoral Fellowship program and we are able to fund several students for full time Doctoral study.
Value of Fellowships : The value of the Fellowship is ₹ 1800000 per annum tax free which is sufficient to cover living expenses including accommodation costs. Also included in the Fellowship are contributions towards.
- Research costs – ₹ 20000,
- Medical insurance – ₹ 15720,
- Once – off relocation costs – ₹ 10000.
Period of Fellowship : The period of the Postdoctoral Fellowship is two years renewable annually depending on the candidate’s research performance.
University of Witwatersrand Doctoral Scholarship Application Form 2014
- University of the Witwatersrand Doctoral Scholarships should be applied by an Email.
Witwatersrand University Doctoral Scholarship Application Deadline 2014 : 12th July, 2013.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.