Australian Coral Reef Society – ACRS Scholarships 2017
Australian Coral Reef Society offers Masters and PhD Research Awards for Australian students who are enrolled at an Australian University, Australia 2017
Study Subject ( s ) : Australian coral reefs
Course Level : Masters and PhD
Scholarship Provider : Australian Coral Reef Society
Scholarship can be taken at : Australia
Eligibility for ACRS Masters and PhD Courses
- Any student who is currently enrolled at an Australian university or New Zealand university .
- Working towards a PhD or MSc on a topic involving research on Australian coral reefs is eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be a financial member of the society for 2017 before applying for these awards.
- Memberships for 2017 may be paid after the 1st November 2016.
- A copy of your membership payment receipt provided electronically by PayPal needs to be included in the application.
- Given Terry Walker’s commitment to field studies on Australian coral reefs and cays, this award is to be spent primarily on field studies on Australian coral reefs.
- Given Danielle Simmons’ commitment to field work at Heron Island, successful applicants for this award will need to spend some time at Heron Island working the field.
- The other research grants (up to three) of $2500 are to be used for laboratory and / or field studies relevant to Australian coral reefs.
- Scientific merit of proposed research.
- Relevance of topic to current Australian coral reef research.
- Design of project and progress to date against project aims.
- Project scope, given the degree to be awarded, and applicable resources.
- Proposal presentation.
- Track record of the student relative to opportunity and career stage ( e.g. publications, talks, prizes )
ACRS Scholarship Description
In 2017 the ACRS will support the research of up to five students by the provision of Student Awards. The most outstanding proposals (which meet the eligibility criteria) will be awarded the Terry Walker Prize of $4000 or the Danielle Simmons Prize of $4000. Up to three ACRS research awards of $2500 will also be awarded. Awards may not be used to fund conference attendance or travel not related to field studies.
ACRS Scholarship Application Form
Successful applicants are required to prepare a one-page report for publication in the Society’s newsletter at the end of the one-year grant period, and to provide a summary of how the research grant was spent; this is to be emailed to Rebecca Fox (firstname.lastname@example.org) no more than two months after the end of the grant period.
To apply, please email your completed application as a single file (.pdf or .doc), named: lastname_firstname) to Rebecca Fox ( email@example.com ).
The closing date for research grant applications for 2017 will be 5pm AEDT on Friday 2nd December, 2016. The successful applicants will be notified by late January 2017
Incomplete applications, applications not submitted in the format requested, or received after the closing date will not be considered.
ACRS Scholarship Application Deadline : 2nd December, 2016 at 5pm ( Friday )
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.