Australian Rotary Health Scholarships 2018
Australian Rotary Health offers Ian Park bipolar research fund Scholarship at Australian University or Research Institute, Australia 2018
Study Subject ( s ) : Rotary Health
Course Level : PhD
Scholarship Provider : Australian Rotary Health
Scholarship can be taken at : Canada
Eligibility for Australian Rotary Health PhD Scholarships
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status and not be under bond to any foreign government. Applicants are to provide evidence of citizenship or residential status
Applications will be evaluated on the following
- Academic Record.
- Scientific excellence of the application.
- Feasibility of the proposed research.
- Quality of the intended supervisor/s
- Relevance to Community-Based Interventions.
Australian Rotary Health Scholarship Description
- Australian Rotary Health is a multi-district project for Rotary in Australia, with over 1,150 Rotary Clubs and 38,000 Rotarians supporting it.
- Australian Rotary Health has channelled more than $28 million in Australian research projects over its 31-year history
- Australian Rotary Health’s emphasis has been on community health and has previously invested in research projects looking at Cot Death, Adolescent Health, Family Health as well as the Ross River Virus, Malaria, Bowel Cancer screening, First Aid and Emergency Care Research.
- Australian Rotary Health’s Funding Partners Program has invested in over $1 million in the best and brightest minds in fields as diverse as Heart Disease, Child Wellbeing, Suicide, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neuron Disease, Alzheimer’s and most of the Cancers.
Objectives of Australian Rotary Health
- To provide financial support for research projects conducted in Australia which have the potential to enhance the health of the community.
- To stimulate research activities within Australia by facilitating communication between participants in specified fields.
- To support specific research fields for a minimum of three years.
Applicants must be FULL-TIME students and not be receiving an additional scholarship. Additional salaried work must not exceed NHMRC guidelines. Applicants enrolled in a combined degree are not eligible
Australian Rotary Health Application Form
- The application should be complete in itself. Do not assume that the person reading it will have access to any of your previous applications.
- It is in your interest to be precise and concise in your application. Do not add annexes or other documents to this application except those requested.
- The minimum size typeface to be used is 12pt.
- Do not change page divisions.
- Important references to other publications in the field should be quoted so the assessors can relate the importance of the application to the field in general.
- Applicants and supervisors should list their own publications over the past five years. Quote only those references that have been accepted or have been published in refereed journals.
- The original plus one copy of (i) the typed application, (ii) academic transcript and (iii) curriculum vitae should be sent by mail to Australian Rotary Health, through the Administrative Officer of your Institution.
- Attach official academic transcripts and an institutional key to grading system used at the end of the application.
The scholarship applicant must arrange for THREE referees reports to be sent directly to Australian Rotary Health by the closing date of the application. These may be submitted electronically to email@example.com
All applicants, whether they are successful or unsuccessful, will be notified by mail in January 2018. All applicants who are successful with another scholarship application must advise Australian Rotary Health immediately.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.