BHP Billiton Honours Scholarship, UWA Business School, Australia
BHP Billiton Honours Scholarship in the UWA Business School, Australia for students who have demonstrated academic excellence and an interest in economics, finance, marketing, human resources, business or management.
BHP Billiton donates a sum of money annually to provide up to five scholarships to encourage students who have demonstrated academic excellence and an interest in economics, finance, marketing, human resources, business or management relevant to the resources sector to undertake the honours course leading to a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree or Bachelor of Economics (Honours) degree in the UWA Business School at The University of Western Australia (the University).
Value : The total value of the BHP Billiton Honours Scholarship is $ 20,000.
Duration of Honours Scholarship Award :
The BHP Billiton Honours Scholarship is tenable for two semesters which are normally consecutive.
BHP Billiton Honours Scholarship Eligibility Requirements :
To be eligible to apply for the BHP Billiton Honours Scholarship an applicant must :
- be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- have demonstrated academic excellence in their undergraduate studies
- have been accepted into an honours course leading to the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree or Bachelor of Economics (Honours) degree in the UWA Business School
Selection Criteria for BHP Billiton Honours Scholarship :
The BHP Billiton Honours Scholarship is awarded to the applicant who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrates :
- academic achievement as evidenced by their academic record
- a proposed research project in economic, business or management issues relevant to the resources sector
The selection committee may interview short – listed applicants.
BHP Billiton Honours Scholarship Application Procedure :
Written applications addressing the selection criteria must be accompanied by :
- a covering letter outlining the applicant’s reasons for applying for the scholarship
- an outline of the proposed honours dissertation topic
- a curriculum vitae that includes details of :
- academic achievements
- the following as appropriate :
- sporting activities and achievements
- community service
- participation in community, voluntary or other work
- leadership positions held at school, university or in the community
For applicants who have undertaken study at a tertiary institution other than the University of Western Australia, a copy of the applicant’s academic record from that institution must be included.
Application Opening and Closing Dates :
Applications open in the first week of December 2010 (please check the Business School website for exact date in November 2010)
Applications must be submitted to the Faculty Administration Officer of the UWA Business School by Friday 25 February 2011.
Further Information :
Ms Lisa Gorey,
Faculty Administrative Officer,
UWA Business School (M252),
35 Stirling Highway,
Crawley WA 6009.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 08 6488 2884