Curtin University Completion Scholarship for PhD 2013Scholarships » Australia »
Curtin University Completion Scholarship for PhD in Australia, 2013
Curtin University is offering scholarships for doctoral candidates during the final four months of their full-time thesis enrollment. Six scholarships are tenable for a period of 4 months. The Completion Scholarships are valued at $6,000 over 4 months, during which time the student must complete and submit their thesis.
Study Subject (s) : Scholarships are provided in the faculty of Curtin Business School, Humanities, Health Sciences, Science & Engineering and Centre for Aboriginal Studies offered by the Curtin University in Australia at Postgraduate Research level.
Course Level : The scholarships are available for pursuing Postgraduate Research level at Curtin University in Australia.
Scholarship Provider : Curtin University, Australia
Scholarship can be taken at : Australia
Curtin University Completion Scholarship 2013 Eligibility :
To be eligible to be considered for a Curtin Completion Scholarship, at time of application, students must :
- Be enrolled in a research Doctoral degree at Curtin University of Technology;
- Students who initially enrolled prior to September 2000 must have been enrolled for not less than 3 and not more than 5 Equivalent Full-time ( EFT ) years; or
- Students who enrolled from 1st September 2000 must have been enrolled for not less than 2 and not more than 4 equivalent Full-time ( EFT ) years.
- Be enrolled full-time during the award;
- Not be Curtin staff members in receipt of assistance ( e.g. paid leave or teaching relief ) from the University;
- Not already hold a Doctoral degree deemed equivalent to the educational level of an Australian Doctoral degree;
- Not hold a Completion Scholarship in conjunction with another scholarship with an annual stipend exceeding $10,000.
Scholarship Open for International Students : International, Australian and New Zealand students can apply for these scholarships.
Completion Scholarship 2013 Description :
Curtin University Completion Scholarship Scheme is designed to provide financial assistance to Doctoral candidates during the final four months of their full-time thesis enrollment. Scholarships are tenable for a period of 4 months, during which time the student must complete and submit their thesis.
What does Curtin University Completion Scholarship cover?
The Completion Scholarships are valued at $6,000 over 4 months, during which time the student must complete and submit their thesis. Students must be able to demonstrate that their thesis can be submitted within four (4) months of the commencement of the award and prior to consumption of 4 EFTSL. The Stipend will be paid in three equal installments :
- $2,000 at the beginning of the award;
- $2,000 at the completion of 2 months provided an agreed milestone is met to the satisfaction of the supervisor; and
- $2,000 for submission of thesis for examination, providing this is within 4 months of commencement of the award.
- A further thesis allowance of up to $200 for costs associated with the production of the thesis is claimable upon submission of receipts.
Completion Scholarship 2013 Selection Criteria : The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
How to Apply for Curtin University Completion Scholarship : The mode of applying is by post or email.
Curtin University Scholarship Application Deadline : The application deadline is 31st July, 2013.