Fay Marles Scholarship – FMS
Fay Marles Scholarship
The Fay Marles Scholarship is awarded to applicants wishing to undertake graduate research studies at the University who are of Indigenous Australian descent and /or who have had their tertiary studies adversely affected by personal circumstances.
The Graduate Research Access Scholarships provide the following benefits :
- Living allowance for up to 2 years ( full time equivalent ) for students undertaking a Master by research degree and 3.5 years ( full-time equivalent ) for students undertaking a Doctorate by research degree.
- Limited paid sick, maternity and parental leave
- Relocation allowance for students who are living outside Victoria
Eligibility for FMS Scholarships
To be considered for a Melbourne Research Access Scholarships, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen
- be of Indigenous Australia descent and / or experience compassionate or compelling circumstances ( e.g. illness, a disability, exceptional family responsibilities or involvement in a traumatic event that was beyond your control );
- either :
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a Master by research or Doctoral degree at the University of Melbourne, or
- be currently enrolled in a research degree at the University of Melbourne and have at least 12 months ( full-time equivalent ) of candidature remaining, and
- not have already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought,
- intend to study as a full-time student unless there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevent you from undertaking full-time study, and
- not have previously received a graduate research scholarship with similar benefits
FMSs Scholarship Application
Before applying you need to know the following :
- What you are going to study
- What the entry requirements are
- Information about your qualifications ( Copies of Transcripts, Certificates etc. )
What happens after you have submitted your application?
- You will receive a confirmation email
- You can monitor the progress of your application
- You can continue to upload supporting documentation to your application
- We will assess the application and notify you of the outcome
Selection for Fay Marles Scholarship
Eligible candidates are selected on the basis of the level of disadvantage experienced by the applicant, academic merit, the strength of the supporting documentation and the specific purpose of the scholarships.
Fay Marles Scholarship Important Dates
- Application Opens on : 1st July, 2017
- Application Deadline : 31 October, 2017