Fogarty Foundation Scholarships for Australian Students, Edith Cowan University
The UWA Fogarty Scholarship Program is enriching our community by investing in exceptional young people who use their skills, abilities and commitment to lead positive change in our community, State and nation.
Established in 2004, the Program is a joint initiative of the Fogarty Foundation and The University of Western Australia and is one of Australia’s premier scholarship programs, awarding 10 new scholarships to students each year.
Each scholarship is valued at $10,000.
About the program
If selected for the UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarship program, you’ll be provided with holistic support through opportunities to learn, acquire skills, build assets and create social networks.
Comprehensive education scholarships : As a UWA Fogarty scholar, you’ll receive $10,000 per year to assist in tuition, accommodation and general living expenses while completing your undergraduate studies at UWA.
Leadership program : Expand your horizons through opportunities to learn from, and have access to, a network of leaders, gain insight into how our community works and how you can positively make a contribution.
Leadership opportunities : As a Scholar, you will be able to lead projects, initiate ventures and act as an ambassador for the University.
Scholars and Alumni Network : You will be connected to a network of exceptional young people who support, mentor and inspire each other.
Academic Mentoring : Receive tailored academic mentoring from a UWA academic faculty member in your chosen field of study who will guide you through your university journey.
Fogarty Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible to apply, applicants are required to :
- be enrolled as a domestic student in Year 12 at a Western Australian secondary school at the time of application
- demonstrate outstanding achievements during Years 11 and 12 in the following categories:
- community service
- have a predicted minimum ATAR of 95 ( or above ) if you attend Tier A Broadway UWA-identified school or a predicted minimum ATAR of 99 ( or above ) if you do not attend one of these schools
- nominate UWA as their first preference in the main round of TISC offers and
- have their school principal provide UWA with their predicted ATAR based on Year 11 results
Fogarty Foundation Scholarship Application Process
Step 1: Applications open on 1st February and close on 30th April.
Step 2 : Before starting your application, prepare your supporting documents detailing your achievements. Refer to the Scholarshipswebpage for further information.
Step 3 : Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview during the July school holidays.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.