Human Rights Scholarship
The Human Rights Scholarship is awarded to applicants wishing to undertake graduate research studies at the University in the human rights field and who are able to demonstrate their commitment to the peaceful advancement of respect for human rights.
The duration of this scholarship is up to two years for students undertaking a Master by research degree and up to three years, with a possible six month extension, for students undertaking a Doctorate by research degree.
The following benefits apply :
- Fortnightly living allowance, including limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave
- Relocation grant for students moving to Melbourne from interstate or from outside Australia
Note that the Human Rights Scholarship does not cover tuition fees for international students.
Eligibility for HR Scholarships
To be considered for this scholarship, you must :
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a Master or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Melbourne, or
- be currently enrolled in a research degree at the University of Melbourne and have at least 12 months ( full-time equivalent ) of candidature remaining,
- intend to undertake graduate research in the human rights field and be committed to the peaceful advancement of respect for human rights that extends beyond academic studies ( such as voluntary work and / or work experience );
- have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought, and
- intend to study as a full-time student unless there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevent you from undertaking full-time study
- not have previously received a Human Rights Scholarship
Human Rights Scholarship Application Form
Before applying you need to know the following:
- What you are going to study
- What the entry requirements are
- Information about your qualifications (Copies of Transcripts, Certificates etc.)
What happens after you have submitted your application?
- You will receive a confirmation email
- You can monitor the progress of your application
- You can continue to upload supporting documentation to your application
- We will assess the application and notify you of the outcome
Selection for Human Rights Scholarship
Eligible applicants are selected on the basis of the area of study in and level of commitment to human rights, academic merit and strength of supporting documentation.
Human Rights Scholarship Important dates
- Application Open on : 1st July, 2017
- Last date for submission of application form : 31st October, 2017
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.