Indigenous Access Scholarships, Australian National University
Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships assist full-time Indigenous Australian students from rural and regional and low income backgrounds with financial support associated with their study in an undergraduate degree program for up to four years.
Eligibility for Indigenous Access Indigenous Access Scholarships
- Applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria : Be an Australian Indigenous Student
- Be a commencing full-time student
- Accepted the offer of a place or
- Been enrolled or
- Is undertaking a course; in an undergraduate course of study
- Meet the low socio-economic status requirements by either being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment ( such as Abstudy, Austudy, Youth Allowance, etc ) or on the basis of assessment conducted by the University. Assessment is based on a range of disadvantage factors which may limit a student’s ability to access higher education. Such factors may include: geographical isolation, stability of financial status as well as family circumstances, such as illness or bereavement, which may affect the level of family financial support
- Not have already completed the requirements of any equivalent course of study; and
- Not have previously received a Commonwealth Scholarship.
You are not eligible for consideration if you :
- Already hold a bachelor’s degree or higher level award.
Indigenous Access Indigenous Access Scholarship Selection Process
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander status
For the purposes of the assessment of Indigenous commonwealth scholarship, a person will be considered to be an Indigenous person where:
- Is of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and
- Identifies as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and
- Is accepted as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which he / she lives or has lived.
Indigenous Access Indigenous Access Scholarship Application Process
|Session||Application Open Date||Application Close Date|
|Session 3||3rd August, 2016||17th October, 2017|
|Session 1||2nd August, 2017||28th February, 2018|
|Session 2||2nd August, 2017||19th June, 2018|
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.