Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s Innovation Fellowships 2011, Australia
Candidate will able to demonstrate an effective strategy for the engagement of industry / government / community partners in collaborative research
Study Subject : Arts
Employer : Macquarie University
Level : PhD
Innovation Fellowship Description :
Macquarie University seeks to develop research programs of high quality which are closely linked to Australian / international industry and other end-user organisations and communities.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Innovation Fellowship (MQVCIF) Scheme seeks outstanding researchers who will focus on developing research collaborations with organisations from industry, commerce, government and community groups, which ultimately attracts substantial external research funding.
The research may be undertaken in any discipline area of the University, though it must be aligned to designated areas of research strength.
Up to three Innovation Fellowships will be awarded on a competitive basis for an initial period of two years with provision for renewal for up to five further years, subject to satisfactory performance against agreed objectives, which will include the requirement to secure substantial external funding.
Any extension to the initial two-year term will normally be for the period of substantial external funding up to a maximum of a further 5 years. Candidates may also apply for up to $40,000 to assist with research costs associated with the proposed Fellowship project in the first two years.
Essential Criteria for the Vice-Chancellor’s Innovation Fellowships :
- Hold a PhD, or demonstrable equivalent, at the time of application.
- Have an outstanding research and / or development track record in academic or non-academic (public or private) organizations in an area which is aligned to one of the University’s designated areas of research strength.
- Put forward a high quality proposal for research relevant to industry / government / community for the first two years of appointment.
- Be able to demonstrate an effective strategy for the engagement of industry / government / community partners in collaborative research.
- Nominate a Macquarie University host Centre / Department and demonstrate the benefit of the proposal to that Centre / Department and to the University.
- Be based on the Macquarie University campus for the full term of the appointment.
Fellowship Application Deadline : Wednesday 20th of October 2010.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.