Puggy Hunter Memorial Scholarship
The Australian College of Nursing ( RCNA & TCoN ) is calling for applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students for the Puggy Hunter Memorial Scholarship Scheme. The Scheme is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. The aim of the Scheme is to help address the under-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in health professions and assist in increasing the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with professional health qualifications. The scholarship offers payments of up to $15,000 per year for full time students ( $7,500 if studying part-time ).
Eligibility for Puggy Hunter Memorial UG Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship you must :
- be Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander;
- be able to prove your Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander status;
- be intending to undertake study or are undertaking study in an entry level qualification in an eligible health related discipline at an Australian university or TAFE ( Certificate IV and above ); and
- be enroled / planning to enrol in one of the following eligible health areas:
- Aboriginal health worker
- Allied health ( excluding pharmacy )
- Dentistry /oral health ( excluding dental assistants )
Puggy Hunter Memorial Scholarship Selection Procedure
These are competitive scholarships and will be awarded on the recommendation of a selection committee whose assessment will be based on how you address the following questions :
- Discuss your commitment to becoming a health professional.
- Discuss what you hope to accomplish as a health professional in the next 5-10 years.
- Demonstrate how this scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals.
Puggy Hunter Memorial Scholarship Application Form
Candidates will need to be able to prove their Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander status. To prove their status as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person, they must obtain a written Confirmation of Aboriginal / Torres Strait Islander Descent document from an Indigenous Australian organisation within the community in which they live or have previously lived. The document must include the signatures of two office holders. A Confirmation of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Descent from an incorporated body related to an academic institution will not be accepted.
Puggy Hunter Memorial Scholarship Important Dates
- Puggy Hunter Memorial Scholarship Application Form : 1st Agust, 2016
- Last date for submission of Application Form : 15th January, 2017
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.