Queensland University of Technology Masters of Arts (Research) Scholarships 2010
QUT Masters of Arts (Research) scholarships available for ‘ArtLab’
QUT is offering three fully fee paid and supported scholarships for a specially tailored, industry-based Masters of Arts (Research) over an 18 month period.
The scholarships offer an exclusive opportunity to take part in an international and multidisciplinary practice led project with the guidance of leading researchers.
Students will work under the directorship of media artist and QUT Senior Research Fellow Dr. Keith Armstrong.
They will also work in collaboration with New York artist and NYU Associate Professor Natalie Jeremijenko, convenor of Griffith University’s Design Futures Program Professor Tony Fry, and a multidisciplinary team.
The recipients’ role and requirements will be three fold :
- To act as key collaborators on a major new ‘ArtLab” project, funded through the Australia Council InterArts Panel.
- To actively collaborate with the creative team by supporting an existing program of cutting edge events and also developing strong personal additions to the broader project throughout the entire period of their study.
- To comply with negotiated project and scholarly milestones and to present their component of the work for final examination in documented form accompanied by an exegesis of approximately 7-10,000 words.
In return the three successful applicants will each receive :
- Full fee waiver (valued at $30,000 AUD).
- Stipend to assist with living costs (valued at $15,000AUD).
- $3,000 AUD towards computer, infrastructure support and travel costs
- Shared office and full facilities at the QUT Kelvin Grove Campus or The Edge, State Library of Queensland (tbc).
- Supervision and ongoing academic guidance.
Applications close 16th September, 2010 and applicants should ideally be prepared to start by October 1st, 2010.