The Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships 2018
The Pinnacle Foundation offers Scholarships for Australian LGBTIQ Citizens for Pursuing their Higher Education, Australia 2018
Study Subject ( s ) : Courses offered by the university
Course Level : Secondary School and Tertiary Degree
Scholarship Provider : The Pinnacle Foundation
Scholarship can be taken at : Australia
Eligibility for Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships
- Is an Australian citizen of at least 16 up to 24 years of age at the time the Scholarships applications close (1 October each year);
- Is a permanent resident of Australia;
- Identifies as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex or Queer and because of this:
- Has personal or social circumstances which provide significant challenges to the person completing their education; or
- Has been marginalised due to sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression; and
- Is a serious, consistent student who has shown scholastic achievement during the student’s school years;
- Is able to demonstrate a commitment to completing Year 12 of the student’s secondary education, a tertiary degree or vocational training (as the case may be);
- Has achieved acceptable scholastic results given their background and circumstances; and,
- Demonstrates pride in and dedication to the LGBT+ community.
Pinnacle Foundation Scholarship Open for International Students
- No, Pinnacle Foundation Scholarship is not available for International Students.
Pinnacle Foundation Scholarship Description :
- Scholarships will be provided for young LGBTIQ who desire to undertake full-time or part-time education at a public or private secondary school ( final year ) or public institution of higher education in Australia.
- It will be for the purpose of gaining an educational or vocational qualification in any profession, trade or the arts. The grant will sit alongside and complement other government funding rather than duplicate it.
- The Scholarship will under certain conditions cover such vital needs as the cost of tuition fees or dues to an approved educational institution, laptop, textbooks, uniforms, professional membership or student union fees, professional tools of trade and public transport concession passes.
- The Scholarship is not designed to support expenses such as pocket money, or other personal expenses not directly related to their studies.Scholarships will be granted for a period of one year.
- However, an existing Scholarship holder is entitled to reapply for the Scholarship should they comply with goals enshrined in The Pinnacle Foundation ( Criteria and Process ) Policy 2017.
- Importantly, payments will be made directly to educational institutions and other suppliers of goods and services. This is so recipients can get on with learning and not get bogged down in paying bills. Plus, as a charity, we might be able to do some good deals with suppliers.
The Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships are for 12 months and provide
- $3000 for eligible first year of tertiary students and $2000 for subsequent years.
- $2000 for eligible year 12 students.
Pinnacle Foundation Scholarship Application Form
How to apply
- Read the selection criteria to check your eligibility.
- Create an online application account.
- Complete the online application by 1st October, 2017.
Pinnacle Foundation Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline for submitting Pinnacle foundation scholarship application is 1st October, 2017.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.