University of Queensland – UQ ScholarshipsScholarships » Australia »
University of Queensland – UQ Scholarship 2016
University of Queensland invites UQ Scholarship 2016 MBA Applicants. The 50% tuition-fee waiver scholarships are offered to outstanding domestic students commencing the Accelerated full-time ( 12 month ) MBA program ( and MBA articulation pathway ) in January of each year. The scholarship is available to students who undertake their MBA studies equivalent to Accelerated full-time study as defined by UQ Business School.
Available to : Future Student
Level of study : Postgraduate Coursework
Citizenship : Australian, Permanent Residents or NZ citizen
Queensland University MBA Scholarship Eligibility 2016
The scholarship will entitle the successful applicants to receive a 50% discount on their course tuition fees for the minimum number of units required to complete the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program unless otherwise stated.
The scholarship will be renewed at the end of each semester of the program if the holder:
- obtains satisfactory grades;
- Makes a satisfactory rate of progress towards completing the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program;
- Fulfills the obligations* of the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program;
- Remains a full-time MBA student.
The Academic Dean and Head of School alone will determine the meaning of the word “satisfactory” for the purpose of above.
Queensland University MBA Scholarship Selection criteria
Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of the scholarship selection process as soon as possible after the closing date. No late applications will be considered. Not every scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis. Scholarships are limited and awarded on a competitive basis. All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the MBA Director whose decision is final.
How to apply for Queensland University MBA Scholarship
Applicants must meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship :
- Applicants have already submitted an application for entry into the Accelerated full-time ( 12 month ) MBA program and be eligible to receive an ‘unconditional’ offer for admission. That is, you must have met for acceptance into the Accelerated full-time ( 12 month ) MBA program ( including GMAT, English Language proficiency, and work experience ); and
- Provide a personal statement of no more than 1000 words ( use 1.5 spacing and 12 point font ) in support of your application. This statement should :
- explain why you want to undertake the MBA at UQ Business School; and
- describe what value you think you will bring to your fellow MBA students; and
- outline your long-term career goals; and
- provide evidence of your leadership skills and community involvement; and
- outline how you will add value to the MBA program; and
- supply two written references as follows :
- a professional reference from a current or former (recent) supervisor or manager; and
- a character reference; and
- Attend an interview if required—in Australia or via video-conference / skype / phone. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted as required to arrange a suitable time; and
- NOT have been awarded any other MBA scholarship as defined by UQ Business School.
Applications for admission to the full-time (12 month) MBA program should be submitted separately to your scholarship application.
Scholarship applications are to be received by 30th November, 2016, for commencement in 2017 of the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program with a covering letter addressed to the MBA Director, and submitted to:
Coordinator, MBA Student Liaison Officers,
UQ Business School,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
website : www.scholarships.uq.edu.au
Queensland University MBA Scholarship Important Dates 2016
- UQ Scholarship 2016 Applications opens on : 1st July, 2016
- UQ Scholarship Applications close date : 30th November, 2016