University of Western Sydney – UWS Scholarships 2018
University of Western Sydney offer Vice-Chancellor’s Leadership Scholarship for Undergraduate Students, Australia 2013
Study Subject ( s ) : Courses offer by the university
Course Level : Undergraduate
Scholarship Provider : University of Western Sydney
Scholarship can be taken at : Australia
Eligibility for UWS Scholarship UG Courses
- Current high school leavers only.
- Students who are considering a gap year should apply in the year that they undertake their Higher School Certificate ( HSC ) .
- If successful, defer their UWS course and scholarship for up to one year.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Reside in or have undertaken their Higher School Certificate in Greater Western Sydney.
- Demonstrate a high level of academic achievement through a minimum ATAR of 90 or equivalent.
- Provide evidence of leadership and community involvement ( e.g. School Captain, community service, sport, the arts, public speaking, Maths/Science Olympiads, Duke of Edinburgh award, etc ) .
Due to the competitive nature of scholarships, any Regional Bonus, Subject Bonus and other bonus points are not taken into consideration for this scholarship.
UWS Scholarship Description
- The UWS Vice-Chancellor’s Leadership Scholarship ( VCLS ) aims to reward the success and accomplishments of high-achieving secondary school students who demonstrate excellence not only in their academic studies, but also in some other aspects of their lives.
- Additionally, these scholarship holders are offered access to The Academy (opens in new window) which helps to optimise their academic and leadership potential.
Value : $10,000 per year (or part-time equivalent)
UWS Scholarship Application Form
The application form includes a personal statement section – you must ensure that you complete this section which requires you to demonstrate your leadership qualities and community involvement.
Selection of this scholarship will be determined on the basis of ATAR results, personal statements and interview performance. If you are shortlisted you will be required to attend an interview in late January and must ensure your availability to do so.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.