Wentworth Group Scholarships, Australia
The Wentworth Group of Concerned Scientists is offering scholarships to Australian post – graduate research students to assist them in bridging the gap between science and public policy.
Study Subject : Science and Public Policy.
Employer : Wentworth Group.
Level : Masters.
The Wentworth Group has established a science leaders program to enhance the ability of students, scientists and economists to engage in public policy on the future of our land, water and marine resources.
Participants in the program are given the opportunity to work one – on – one with members of the Wentworth Group in order to apply their knowledge to public policy outcomes.
It is a two – way process, where Wentworth Group members get the chance to learn from participants about the latest cutting edge research and on – the – ground issues.
Bridge the gap between science and public policy, scientists must learn to navigate the divide. This is the intention of the Wentworth Group Scholarships.
They seek to enable recipients to become active contributors at the interface of good decision making and world class science. Launched in February 2007, this is the second year that scholarships have been offered.
The scholarships are awarded to post – graduate students. Each scholarship may be used over a 12 month period. Students must be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status to be eligible.
Students are given access to Master Classes and mentoring by some of Australia’s best scientists. Above all, we hope that recipients will be encouraged, inspired and motivated.
Eligibility for Wentworth Group Scholarships :
- Postgraduate research students enrolled at an Australian university during 2011 are eligible.
- They must be Australian citizens or have permanent residency.
- Students with interests in natural and social sciences, resource economics, environmental law, engineering and the built environment are encouraged to apply.
- Supervisor endorsement is necessary.
- Preference will be given to full – time students under 35 years of age.
Wentworth Group Scholarship Selection Criteria :
- Demonstrated academic excellence in chosen field;
- A basic understanding of public policy related to natural resource and environmental issues;
- Provision of written proof of supervisor’s support, indicating how a scholar may benefit from participation with members of the Wentworth Group;
- Availability to participate in the 2011 Master Class (March 29 and 30 in Sydney); and,
- Membership or participation in areas of interest relevant to the scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline : 5:00 pm, 10th January 2011.
For further scholarship information and application please visit : http://www.wentworthgroup.org/science-program.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.