Ghent University Scholarship 2013Scholarships » Belgium »
Ghent University Scholarship 2013
Ghent University offers Doctoral scholarships for candidates from developing countries in Belgium. The students of developing countries can apply for this scholarship. These scholarships are offered in the field of Arts and Philosophy, Law, Sciences, Medicine and Health Sciences, Engineering and Architecture, Economics and Business Administration, Veterinary Medicine, Psychology and Educational Sciences, Bio science Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Political and Social Sciences. The candidate is offered a scholarship for 24 months which must be divided into several periods within a span of 4 years.
Study Subject ( s ) : Research groups and institutes as per faculties are Arts and Philosophy, Law, Sciences, Medicine and Health Sciences, Engineering and Architecture, Economics and Business Administration, Veterinary Medicine, Psychology and Educational Sciences , Bioscience Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Political and Social Sciences.
Course Level : This scholarship is available for pursuing PhD degree level.
Scholarship Provider : Ghent University.
Scholarship can be taken at : Belgium.
Eligibility for Ghent University Scholarship 2013 :
- Candidates need to come from and have the nationality of a developing country
- There must be a guarantee that the candidate will be able to work on the PhD project at the partner university. This implies that there must be a local PhD supervisor at the partner university or research center.
- Written statement is requested from that supervisor or the university authorities stating that the candidate is either a student or a staff member of this university and will be sufficiently exempted from teaching or other assignments as to be able to fully concentrate on the PhD research.
- This statement should also mention that the candidate receives/received a local scholarship or salary when working on the PhD in the home institute.
Scholarship Open for International Students :
- The students of developing countries can apply for this scholarship.
Ghent University Scholarship Description 2013 :
- With support from its “Special Research Fund” ( BOF ), Ghent University wishes to support university research groups or research centres in developing countries in their aim to grow into excellent research centres by upgrading local academic personnel. Therefore Ghent University grants PhD scholarships to promising PhD students from developing countries who wish to carry out half of their PhD research at Ghent University and half in a university in a developing country. No restrictions are imposed on the field of research; nevertheless preference will be given to topics that are relevant for development. Relevance for development measures the degree in which the action of development corresponds with the expectations of the beneficiaries, the needs of the country, global priorities and the policies of partners and donors. The Ghent University promoter also receives a bench fee of €15.440 to cover ( part of ) the operational costs, as well as the travelling costs of the student and both the Ghent University and the local promoter.
Ghent University Scholarships Application Form 2013 :
- The mode of applying Ghent University Scholarships Application is by post.
Ghent University Scholarships Application Deadline : 7th March, 2013.