AKFC Fellowship Program , CanadaScholarships » Canada »
AKFC Fellowship Program
Since 1989, Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) has been helping to develop young Canadian leaders.Fellowships feature an eight-month placement in Asia or Africa, preceded by a four week management seminar in Ottawa facilitated by leading development practitioners.
The month-long management seminar in Ottawa provides fellows with a thorough grounding in the skills required to contribute effectively to their host organizations by emphasizing an analytical approach and strategic thinking and planning.
Workshops are taught by some of Canada’s foremost international cooperation professionals.
Participants then carry out an eight-month internship where they gain first-hand, practical experience, while contributing to their host organization’s work.
“AKFC’s Fellowship Program is reputed for its quality and professionalism. It has attracted some of Canada’s brightest young women and men from a wide variety of disciplines, including law, engineering, journalism, education, business and public administration and development studies.”
Three fields to choose from :
- The International Development Management Fellowship (IDM)
- The International Microfinance and Microenterprise Fellowship (IMM)
- The Young Professionals in Media Fellowship (YPM)
Eligibility Criteria for AKFC Fellowship Program
To join the International Development Fellowship Program, applicants must :
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Be under the age of 30 at the time of application
- Be able to demonstrate a strong interest in the fields of international development, microfinance and microenterprise or international media
- Hold at minimum an Honours Bachelor’s degree
Application forms for the 2011-2012 program will be available online in December 2010.