AMMI Canada / Astellas Post Residency Fellowship 2011, Canada
Clinical Fellowship Program in Canada
Study Subject : Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
Employer : AMMI Canada and Astellas Pharma Canada,
Level : PhD
Fellowship Description : Funding Timeline
- The first payment will be dispersed at the beginning of the fellowship, in 2011.
- This payment will be $ 35,000 – followed by a second payment after 6 months.
Post Residency Fellowship Eligibility Requirements :
- Physicians practicing in infectious diseases and / or medical microbiology that are AMMI Canada members.
- The candidate must be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident of Canada, hold an M.D., and complete an ID or MM specialty in a Canadian University during the 2011 calendar year, prior to beginning this fellowship, (begin date planned for July 2011).
- This Post Residency Fellowship may take place in or outside of Canada in an institution with a recognized program.
- Preference will be given to research projects with relevance to Canada’s health community.
- The recipient may not hold any other fellowship simultaneously with the 2011 AMMI Canada / Astellas Post Residency Fellowship.
Application must include :
- A Canadian Common CV (CIHR format) for both the applicant and supervisor.
- A proposal with the details of the training program and the proposed research project / theme for which the applicant will be a major contributor (maximum five pages in length). Proposal should clearly include :
- how the research will advance knowledge and why it is important;
- describe the role of the candidate in the project;
- a description of the proposed project which includes :
- the study design,
- sample size calculation
- tools to used to collect data;
- plan for analysis, feasibility etc.; and
- a description of, and strengths of the training environment.
- A letter of acceptance from the supervisor of the fellowship program and research project. This letter must give assurances that the supervisor and his / her university fully support this fellowship.
- A letter of support from the program director of the applicants training program
- Two additional letters of support from other previous supervisors
Fellowship Application Deadline : January 4 2011.
For further fellowship information and application visit : http://www.ammi.ca/pdf/2011AstellasFellowship.pdf
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.