Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, CanadaScholarships » Canada »
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Postdoctoral Fellowships for National and International Students who can become research leaders of tomorrow, positively contributing to Canada’s economic, social and research-based growth through a research-intensive career.
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally;
- Develop their leadership potential; and
- Position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow, positively contributing to Canada’s economic, social and research-based growth through a research-intensive career.
Unique Application Requirements :
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program will be distinguished from existing postdoctoral fellowships programs by its emphasis on :
- the synergy between an applicant’s individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career; and
- the host institution’s commitment to the research program and environment with which the applicant is to be affiliated.
An applicant’s application to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program must be completed in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
Program Scope :
- 70 new two-year awards annually with a total of 140 awards active at any one time at full program implementation (at program maturity).
The fellowships will be distributed equally across Canada’s three federal granting agencies : the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
Application Deadline for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships : 3 November 2010