Canadian Commonwealth Postdoctoral Research Fellowships, Canada
These Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are for Citizens of the United Kingdom
Study Subject : Humanities, Social sciences, Natural resources and Engineering
Employer : The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
Level : Postdoctoral
As part of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP), the Government of Canada has invited the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK to nominate 15 candidates for one year postdoctoral research fellowships tenable at recognised public Canadian universities in 2011.
Eligibility for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- Applicants must be citizens of the United Kingdom. Anyone who has obtained Canadian citizenship or who has applied for permanent residency in Canada is not eligible for an award.
- Applicants must have completed a Ph.D. degree within the last 3 years or have completed the Ph.D. degree requirements before the beginning of the award (evidence of submission of dissertation for defence provided by the responsible department head)
- Fellowships are offered within the humanities, social sciences, natural resources and engineering but are not offered to professional artists or to those wishing to do clinical research and training involving patient care.
- Applicants must be accepted into a postdoctoral position at a recognised public Canadian university or affiliated research institute of their choice.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have not previously studied in Canada under a Canadian government scholarship.
Total value of the fellowship is $36,500 CAD (taxable in Canada)
Terms and Conditions
- Fellowships are for 12 months duration and are not renewable.
- Fellowships must commence no later than 30 September 2011.
Application Deadline : 25th November 2010.
For further fellowship application and information please visit : http://www.brunel.ac.uk/pcc/offcampus/phd_canada_1511.pdf
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.